Lady Precept iQ+ Testing Thread

Jumped out on our #9 fairway today to test 10 balls from 70 yards out with my sand wedge. Just as I was walking out, Dawgdaddy walked up. I told him that his appearance was perfect timing. He watched me hit a few balls before someone came up on the tee box so I had to quit. If I'm not mistaken, he said the Bridgestone B330RX and Vision balls checked up with a short roll of about 3', the Trispeed had the most roll and the Precept iQ+ had about 8' of roll. The carry on the iQ+ was also longer but I'm not sure how much because we had to get off the green in a hurry. I had to sneak back out there later after he and OG were playing and we weren't busy.

I hit two of each ball that I was testing. They were the Srixon Trispeed, Srixon Q-Star, Bridgestone B330RX, Vision X3, and Precept iQ+. All of these balls have really performed well for me in the past.

What I noticed after hitting about 30 balls from 70 yards out was the the iQ+ seemed to fly the highest and longest of all of them and it seemed I could get it to the flag with little effort. All of the other balls performed pretty well too but I felt like I had to give the Bridgestone and Vision balls a little more power to get it as far. The iQ+ just flew with a soft and easy swing. I am pretty sure I carried the iQ+ ball at least 5-10 yards farther when using the same swing as it was on the back of the green a couple times when other balls weren't past the flag. I figured out a good distance and went back and hit 10 more. This is the result of all the balls scattered. The two closest balls to the pin were the iQ+ .

There has been some great feedback in this thread already.
KellyBo your yardages scare me, I have a feeling you would out hit me majority of the time if we played together.

Haha. My good driving days come and go. I'm so bad about lunging at times that I lose a ton of distance. My swing thought lately has been to keep that head back behind the ball and it's paying off. Unfortunately it often takes me 17 holes before I realize what I'm doing wrong.

p.s. I've been playing with girls lately who can easily hit 30-50 yards past me. Now that's fun to watch but oh so intimidating!

Yep, the Bridgestone and the Vision balls both traveled about 60 yards in the air and rolled about 4 feet, the Trispeed traveled about 4 more yards in the air and rolled about 12 feet, and the iQ+ traveled about 3 more yards than the Trispeed and rolled about 8 feet. I think it ended up about 6 or 7 feet from the pin so the iQ+ was certainly the ball that preformed best on the series of shots I watched you hit. Looks to me like you have found your new ball of choice.

Yep, the Bridgestone and the Vision balls both traveled about 60 yards in the air and rolled about 4 feet, the Trispeed traveled about 4 more yards in the air and rolled about 12 feet, and the iQ+ traveled about 3 more yards than the Trispeed and rolled about 8 feet. I think it ended up about 6 or 7 feet from the pin so the iQ+ was certainly the ball that preformed best on the series of shots I watched you hit. Looks to me like you have found your new ball of choice.

Thanks for your help DD!

Jumped out on our #9 fairway today to test 10 balls from 70 yards out with my sand wedge. Just as I was walking out, Dawgdaddy walked up. I told him that his appearance was perfect timing. He watched me hit a few balls before someone came up on the tee box so I had to quit. If I'm not mistaken, he said the Bridgestone B330RX and Vision balls checked up with a short roll of about 3', the Trispeed had the most roll and the Precept iQ+ had about 8' of roll. The carry on the iQ+ was also longer but I'm not sure how much because we had to get off the green in a hurry. I had to sneak back out there later after he and OG were playing and we weren't busy.

I hit two of each ball that I was testing. They were the Srixon Trispeed, Srixon Q-Star, Bridgestone B330RX, Vision X3, and Precept iQ+. All of these balls have really performed well for me in the past.

What I noticed after hitting about 30 balls from 70 yards out was the the iQ+ seemed to fly the highest and longest of all of them and it seemed I could get it to the flag with little effort. All of the other balls performed pretty well too but I felt like I had to give the Bridgestone and Vision balls a little more power to get it as far. The iQ+ just flew with a soft and easy swing. I am pretty sure I carried the iQ+ ball at least 5-10 yards farther when using the same swing as it was on the back of the green a couple times when other balls weren't past the flag. I figured out a good distance and went back and hit 10 more. This is the result of all the balls scattered. The two closest balls to the pin were the iQ+ .

that's some real good stuff right there!

So, I finally got out on the course with these balls with Mr. golf4life. They do certainly have a great sound like the other ladies have said! I tested it next to the Callaway Solaire ball (which I like) and could deff. hear and feel the difference. The Solaire had more of a "woody" feel/sound, while the precept was softer, dare I say, "cushiony". On a good drive (which was not often for me) I could almost feel the compression and push of the ball. I feel that if my swing was more consistent I could comment on the difference in distance, but it's not, so i won't. ;)

I did see a difference in flight on the fairway with my irons. A good clean smack of my 6 iron gave me about 10 more yards than other balls I was using. I'll take it! I really liked the pink ball too because it was much easier for me to follow in the air. Pretty easy to spot on the ground too, but it's not a magic ball. Sometimes your ball is so hidden that nothing short of a homing device will help you find it! Still, we could spot the pink a little quicker most times.

As for chipping and putting, again, great sound! I really like the less "clicky" sound off of the putter. I also really enjoy the gelatinous look of that clear ball when it rolls. It's like a little blob! I call it my "jelly-ball". :) This may sound silly, but as a beginner golfer getting frustrated with her game, it's nice to have little snippets of joy however they come! Also, I had a couple of good chips with my jelly-ball!!

Lastly, I hit a couple out of the sand and I am not sure how I feel about it. The ball feels so soft, that I wasn't even sure I hit it with all that sand! However, I looked up and my ball was on the edge of the green. So, in this case the softer feel was a little strange, but it worked!

I would like to get out again to test some more side by side and maybe throw some more in the sand (as if I don't end up there on my own!). Preferably I would like to do this with a better driver (Callaway Solaire with pink re-grip, Mr. golf4life), this may help give me a better opinion on distance. My clubs certainly didn't help.

So, I finally got out on the course with these balls with Mr. golf4life. They do certainly have a great sound like the other ladies have said! I tested it next to the Callaway Solaire ball (which I like) and could deff. hear and feel the difference. The Solaire had more of a "woody" feel/sound, while the precept was softer, dare I say, "cushiony". On a good drive (which was not often for me) I could almost feel the compression and push of the ball. I feel that if my swing was more consistent I could comment on the difference in distance, but it's not, so i won't. ;)

I did see a difference in flight on the fairway with my irons. A good clean smack of my 6 iron gave me about 10 more yards than other balls I was using. I'll take it! I really liked the pink ball too because it was much easier for me to follow in the air. Pretty easy to spot on the ground too, but it's not a magic ball. Sometimes your ball is so hidden that nothing short of a homing device will help you find it! Still, we could spot the pink a little quicker most times.

As for chipping and putting, again, great sound! I really like the less "clicky" sound off of the putter. I also really enjoy the gelatinous look of that clear ball when it rolls. It's like a little blob! I call it my "jelly-ball". :) This may sound silly, but as a beginner golfer getting frustrated with her game, it's nice to have little snippets of joy however they come! Also, I had a couple of good chips with my jelly-ball!!

Lastly, I hit a couple out of the sand and I am not sure how I feel about it. The ball feels so soft, that I wasn't even sure I hit it with all that sand! However, I looked up and my ball was on the edge of the green. So, in this case the softer feel was a little strange, but it worked!

I would like to get out again to test some more side by side and maybe throw some more in the sand (as if I don't end up there on my own!). Preferably I would like to do this with a better driver (Callaway Solaire with pink re-grip, Mr. golf4life), this may help give me a better opinion on distance. My clubs certainly didn't help.

Great write-up Mrs. Golf4Life! I am so impressed with the ladies, you are all doing such an incredible job!

great write-up! Sounds like it's a good option for you. Keep up the good work.
I suggest trying to hit them with a Williams driver. I hear balls rocket off of that club:alien:

Great stuff Mrs. Golf4Life! You really have a knack for writing. I love to read your posts. :)

Can't wait to read more reviews to see if the other ladies like these balls as much as I do. I am really surprised by them.

Great stuff Mrs. Golf4Life! You really have a knack for writing. I love to read your posts. :)

Can't wait to read more reviews to see if the other ladies like these balls as much as I do. I am really surprised by them.

I agree, I love the descriptive words she uses. It makes it fun to read.

Great testing out there ladies!

Why didnt Yoccos get any of these?

Why didnt Yoccos get any of these?

When I'm done testing my four balls, I'll send 2 to you & 2 to Yoccos so you both can lose them for me. :)

When I'm done testing my four balls, I'll send 2 to you & 2 to Yoccos so you both can lose them for me. :)

Oh snap!!!

Hey now, don't pass up on me! I need some extra distance too! LOL

Nice writeups, KB and Mrs. G4L! Mrs. G4L hit some nice pink bombs with the precept, I must say.

Here are a couple videos I took from my Droid while we were playing. These are my first ever videos from the phone, and unfortunately I'm a tool and took them so they show up sideways. I apologize, but you can still get a sense for the shots.

**Edit**

I took One T's advice and found the ability to rotate videos on Youtube, a feature they put in for clowns like me!

I combined both videos into one, the Mrs. with a Tee ball, and out of the Sand with the New IQ+ balls.

For that matter, on a par 5, I hit a very sub par drive with my gamer ball, and teed one up with one of Mrs. G4L's Precept IQ+ balls to just see what it could do for my swing. I hit it better than the first, but still pushed it a little and it didn't "feel" like I flushed it. In hindsight, I'm going to chalk the feel up to how much it compresses for my swing. BUT, I got down the fairway found my first ball GPS at about 260, and went looking for the Precept in the general area (both balls were in the right rough). Couldn't find it... almost gave up but found it 40 yards further up, GPSd to 300 yards, and I didn't even put a great swing on it. This surprised me, alot.

Here's a pic of the 3 surviving precepts after our round....

IMG_20110807_184915.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs Golf4Life very excellent & descriptive report. You are dead on when it comes to the feeling in the bunker that you aren't sure if you really hit the ball or not.

Can't wait to read your next report

Incredible job ladies.

Wow, I think I may have to get some of those. 40 yards is a big difference. hey G4L, I think you can edit the sideways vids on YouTube

Wow, I think I may have to get some of those. 40 yards is a big difference. hey G4L, I think you can edit the sideways vids on YouTube

I know you wonna get your drives out to 490 One-T, but calm down. lol

I enjoyed your writeup and the cute little personalization added to the comments :thumb:

It sounds like you gals have found some good balls to play with so enjoy your testing and we will keep on enjoying the write ups :clapp:

GolferGal, are these available yet in the store?

You ladies are doing a great job so far. I am impressed with these writeups. Keep it up!

I wouldn't read too much into the 40 yard difference, because the first swing was pretty weak, but 300 is close to as far as I can hit any drive, no matter what ball. The fact the Precept was that far just surprised me, I didn't think I'd be able to get it past 280 or 290 even with my best swing. I'm going to try the IQ+ a few more swings next time we play to see if it was some freak of circumstances or not.

Back