Help Pat Perez find a fan

Glad he is going to do something for the kid. I like Pat, always have.

Pat is just like his brother and a big cry baby, I saw all I needed to see of both of them during the Big Break. Phil Mickelson signs autographs for HOURS win or lose. I mean Dustin Johnson actually granted interviews after blowing 2 major championships and didn't blame anyone but himself. THAT is the type of person I want my kids to look up to. I get so tired of these guys who take themselves so serious. So yeah, Pat Perez can save his apologies in my book.

It may mean nothing in "your" book, but that apology from Perez may end up meaning the world to that kid.

Exactly. He may be doing it for a publicity stunt, but if he makes one person happy, than I am happy with that.

If he is doing this from the goodness of his heart, I love it. If it's for some fake stunt, I hate it.

I'm one of those fans that thinks he's a jerk. He blows his lid WAY too often for my liking. You can attract a lot more bees using honey over vinegar, but some people either just don't get it or just flat out don't care. If he wasn't caught on camera, I'm sure he wouldn't have reached out to twitter to find this young fan who I'm sure was devastated. He most likely wouldn't have known he did it if it weren't for the cameras though, so I guess it's good that they did catch it. He can fix THIS situation, but very rarely can you cure a**hole. I hope he changes his ways and reacts the way he should, as a professional. Or...we'll see how he fixes the next situation...

His gesture is a start. I don't begrudge him for getting angry, but a guy has to be able to turn it off when it comes time to shake hands on 18. This is why I don't think it's good to interview till after they hit the scoring tent. There ought to be only one player who is happy after a tourney.

It may mean nothing in "your" book, but that apology from Perez may end up meaning the world to that kid.

If that kid thinks that much of this clown then maybe a real tour pro will reach out to him. Again in "my" book the kid would be better off without Pat ever talking to him.

So he gets pissed because he finished second? Holy cow! that'sprobably the best finish he's had since since playing the Walmart open at his local muni.

I understand frustration and disappointment, but I'll never understand his eratic behavior as well as some others.

If that kid thinks that much of this clown then maybe a real tour pro will reach out to him. Again in "my" book the kid would be better off without Pat ever talking to him

In the end, that may be very true. I can think of other people who I would want my imaginary kids to have as role models. But I just find it weird that you don't like him because of his actions, and then you disparage him for trying to apologize to a kid for making a bad mistake. Let's do it for the kids. =)

Wonder how many times he's done this when he's not been on camera?

Just what I was thinking. Lots of tour players could learn something from this.

I watched the end of that and was pretty surprised at his reaction to the whole situation. I mean, 3 putts happen. Tournament wasn't over. That was the clearest form of sore loser I have ever seen. Having just gone through that with my son at Firestone I would have said something to Perez. He nearly knocked the kid down.

It looked to me like the kid was mocking Pat Perez as he smiled right afterwards.

Interesting. I wonder if this was his idea, or purely a PR move?

Just saw this on Twitter:

PatPerezGolf
Alright. Found the boy!! Talked to his father. Great guy. We talked about the situation. Apologized to him and son. Getting gift together

wow that's amazing they actually found the kid...amazing what twitter can do... that's great that he was able to apologize and make things right

I'm glad someone found the boy for him and very happy for the family that they got the apology they deserved.

Glad they found the kid. Hope Pat thinks twice before he does this again.

Glad Pat did the right thing. Does anybody know what he got the kid?

Back