The Official Banter Away Thread

Yeah, 9 will be fine in sure, though 7 is my preference these days.
Last year moved away from wearing basketball style shorts.
I did hoop from Kindergarten until just after my 41st bday.
Now in my late 40s, I can't be wearing those shorts. I looked ridiculous if I'm not playing (and I haven't in 6 yrs)
I moved to 9" shorts and I am very happy.
My shorts when from loose and below my knees to resting just above my knees.
At first I felt naked loosing 4-6" of length, but now it feels normal.
I am pondering 7" seam, but I have horrid memories of shorts that 🥜"hugged" tightly from 1987-1990.
FYI - I'm smidge under 6'

Last year moved away from wearing basketball style shorts.
I did hoop from Kindergarten until just after my 41st bday.
Now in my late 40s, I can't be wearing those shorts. I looked ridiculous if I'm not playing (and I haven't in 6 yrs)
I moved to 9" shorts and I am very happy.
My shorts when from loose and below my knees to resting just above my knees.
At first I felt naked loosing 4-6" of length, but now it feels normal.
I am pondering 7" seam, but I have horrid memories of shorts that 🥜"hugged" tightly from 1987-1990.
FYI - I'm smidge under 6'
7" seam is the way.

7" seam is the way.
7" inseam is a little short...when we were given 7" at the Morgan Cup in October it was a bit questionable haha. If you live in So Cal or FL maybe you can pull it off I guess

7" seam is the way.
I tried a pair on, and I felt like I should be just wearing my undies due to the shortness of it.
I'm not a fan of showing a lot of upper leg unless you are a lady.
Don't forget I'm in N Ohio, it's only warm from Memorial day til almost Halloween at best.
Cold legs are no fun.

7" inseam is a little short...when we were given 7" at the Morgan Cup in October it was a bit questionable haha. If you live in So Cal or FL maybe you can pull it off I guess
I dont have long legs, so it hits right above the knee.

I tried a pair on, and I felt like I should be just wearing my undies due to the shortness of it.
I'm not a fan of showing a lot of upper leg unless you are a lady.
Don't forget I'm in N Ohio, it's only warm from Memorial day til almost Halloween at best.
Cold legs are no fun.
Yeah, not sure if that's a great Ohio option.

7" seam is the way.
I'm running 8-9" shorts.

My legs don't look great in (what I consider) super short shorts.

I think 7" might give some pause, and also I would need to tan those legs differently, otherwise I'll have some questionable banding around the thighs.

I dont have long legs, so it hits right above the knee.
Well that makes sense. Some of us have longer legs and the higher you go the more questionable it becomes haha

Family Guy Summer GIF

I prefer 8 or 9 in inseams. Shorter and you get burned leg from leather car seats or cart seats in hot Florida summers. I don't want no bare thigh touching ha

Yeah, not sure if that's a great Ohio option.
It's not unless they are swim trunks and you are swimming in July with a tan from ones vacation in Florida previously :)

1707160999500.png

Well that makes sense. Some of us have longer legs and the higher you go the more questionable it becomes haha
Yeah, no daisy dukes over here.

New found respect for stay at home moms or dads- The amount of things accomplished while the significant other is at work to keep house in order is astonishing.

I'm tired.
It's rather insane. Multi-tasking like no tomorrow it seems like.

How did I arrive at this place where I'm debating in my mind if 9" inseams are too long? I'm a child of the 90s damnit!
9" are almost short shorts on me. I usually roll with 11" or 12" inseams.

Getting bloodwork done is quite interesting…the people that were in the waiting room. Wowzers…
When I had to get my bloodwork done a couple months ago, I called a phlebotomist who comes right to the house and draws it at home. I've heard stories about the places you go to get it done, and the people there. It cost a little extra (I think it was like 25 bucks), but well worth it.

9" are almost short shorts on me. I usually roll with 11" or 12" inseams.
That's impressive. I know you're tall though, @Bus is 6'5" I'm 6'3" - there are some tall people problems and some short people problems.

That's impressive. I know you're tall though, @Bus is 6'5" I'm 6'3" - there are some tall people problems and some short people problems.
What about us medium people?

When I had to get my bloodwork done a couple months ago, I called a phlebotomist who comes right to the house and draws it at home. I've heard stories about the places you go to get it done, and the people there. It cost a little extra (I think it was like 25 bucks), but well worth it.
I sat in the corner and wore my mask because the paperwork said so and got out of there as quickly as I could.

More children went home sick today. Total was 96 out of 440.

Back