Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Should point out guys, that the extra bright ball is a special trial UVEE that Boz has been working on. Haven't played with it as yet because of instructions NOT TO LOSE IT. The natural colour is all wrong (that faded yellow colour that UV gear sometimes has) but Boz is using it as a trial chasis for a ball, and then working towards getting the pigment right.

The ball is definitely too ugly to game, but shows the advances that can be made with a bit of thought and consideration. I charged it with the light for a few minutes and it glowed like crazy. Night golf anyone? :)

I doubt it will be in any test packs but thought you might like to see product development at the hands of every day 'joes' like us.

Happy to answer any questions about it, but anything to technical throw at the man himself.

How about a pic of the ball in natural light to see just how ugly it is, I think it looks pretty awesome when it is charged up.

Got my pack. LOVED opening it and gawking and geeking over everything. Then it went on the shelf for later use. :crying:

They should be perfect for the north Georgia mountains, we need to get together for a round soon, haven't teed it up in a while now. Let me know.

Love those glow in the dark photos of the Vision balls!

They should be perfect for the north Georgia mountains, we need to get together for a round soon, haven't teed it up in a while now. Let me know.

I was thinking I need to get together with you guys again. Are we all man enough to play Pinkies all day?? LOL

Smerg - Thanks for the pics! That glow ball is AWESOME!!! I can see you possibly losing it during the day, but at night how could that be possible? haha!

I think that ball would be great to switch to for those rounds that start to extend to the twilight hours... at that point who cares what it looks like under 'normal' conditions...

Played 18 today and used the UV X3 for the entire round. Sadly I put one oob so am down to 2 UV X3's and 1 X3 remaining.

I got over my stigma of using a yellow ball - hehe

As usual I am going to break my feedback down into the specific club groups. Today I was playing a course that I had never played before as well as using the R11 driver and Rescue 11 for the first time on the course so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

Driver, 3w & Rescue 11
Again these balls perform superbly from the tee for me. What I must remember though is to aim more down the fairway rather than the left side as I missed a few fairways left due to the ball straightening itself out in flight and not fading as much as I am used too. When I adjusted my aim I was hitting slight fades straight down the middle, longest drive being just under 300yards (measured via GPS). I was getting a really nice ball flight with my Rescue 11 club from the tee the few times I used it and I saw similar results the 2 times I hit 3w from the tee. Usually I hit 3w all day long from the tee, but not anymore as I have found my perfect driver.

Irons
Longest Iron I hit today was the 5i and I hit a nice high draw with it. Shame I was set up towards the left of the green so I landed in the greenside bunker. I was very pleased with the ball flight and distance (200yards out).

Short Irons
Today I actually managed to spin the ball back with an 8i into a Par 3. I was very impressed and rather shocked as this was the first time I had ever spun these back. Ball feels really nice when struck out of the centre of the club face and produces a nice high ball flight for me. Was seeing the draw flight return today with the irons for the vast majority of the round.

Short Game
Still getting to grips with the lack of spin around the green but I think I am slowly getting there. I purposely played all my pitches and chips short of where I would usually land them and let them roll out towards the hole. Worked quite well today as I had 2 chips that I put stone dead for tap in birdies and another fair few that were within 6 feet of the hole.

Putting
I felt I putted pretty solidly today, only had 1 3 putt hole. Putted left below right for the first 10 holes and then changed back to standard for the remaining 8 holes. Again I used the <Vision> logo to align my putt every single time and it worked great as usual. As I have already said there is no better alignment aid on any other ball I have tried. Vision have a winner with this for sure.

Conclusion
The UV X3 balls are very easy to see both in the air and when walking down the fairway or semi rough to find them. I actually prefer the feel of the UV X3 to the X3 as I personally feel that they are a touch softer than the X3 and could be offering me a little more spin. I am still not 100% committed to gaming these full time but each time out I am liking them that little bit more. If I fully adjust to the short game control then these could very easily be in the bag full time.

For me I also think the numbers are too big. I like teeing the ball up with nothing visible at address (so I am just looking at a blank ball). With these it is rather hard for me to get them teed up so that I don't see any part of the logo or number. Maybe a bit OCD but that's the way I have always teed the ball up. This however in no way detracts from the rest of the balls great features

Playing the same course on Monday evening that I played today and will be gaming the UV X3 again for at least the first 9. I may change to my usual ball for the back 9 depending on how I feel and how I am playing

Last edited:
Conclusion
The UV X3 balls are very easy to see both in the air and when walking down the fairway or semi rough to find them. I actually prefer the feel of the UV X3 to the X3 as I personally feel that they are a touch softer than the X3 and could be offering me a little more spin. I am still not 100% committed to gaming these full time but each time out I am liking them that little bit more. If I fully adjust to the short game control then these could very easily be in the bag full time.

MikeF - I've been getting similiar results. I definitely feel that the UV's are softer... and I've played the UV and White X3s side by side and for me, I get more spin out of the UVs...

Looks like it mate :D

I wish the X3 was as soft as the UV X3 as I much prefer the white ball.

One thing I forgot to add was for me I think the numbers are too big. I like teeing the ball up with nothing visible at address (so I am just looking at a blank ball). With these it is rather hard for me to get them teed up so that I don't see any part of the logo or number. Maybe a bit OCD but that's the way I have always teed the ball up

Looks like it mate :D

I wish the X3 was as soft as the UV X3 as I much prefer the white ball.

One thing I forgot to add was for me I think the numbers are too big. I like teeing the ball up with nothing visible at address (so I am just looking at a blank ball). With these it is rather hard for me to get them teed up so that I don't see any part of the logo or number. Maybe a bit OCD but that's the way I have always teed the ball up

This is why I love golf because I absolutely love the big numbers because it gives me something to look at

Tap tap taparoo

I'm waiting for my little "THP thank you package" to arrive. Very excited to keep gaming these balls gave me even more confidence in the ball when I broke 80 yesterday with Vision. Can't wait for sunday to play with these again.

well the testing and feedback got me interested enough to order the pilot pack. It should be here in a few days! im so excited to check these out! Always like trying out new balls.

A question for Wayne or any of the other Vison guys.

Do you have any plans to get these balls into the UK market? I notice on your website that there is nowhere selling them over here

A question for Wayne or any of the other Vison guys.

Do you have any plans to get these balls into the UK market? I notice on your website that there is nowhere selling them over here

If there is a way. I would gladly send you some. If Wayne needs someone to send stuff.

If there is a way. I would gladly send you some. If Wayne needs someone to send stuff.

I can get them from Wayne direct, but thanks for the offer :D

More curious if they plan to try to get them out there to the general public in the UK

I can get them from Wayne direct, but thanks for the offer :D

More curious if they plan to try to get them out there to the general public in the UK

Sorry about that. I misunderstood your point I mean you could be the ambassador for the UK Market and sell them at a higher price...

Profit!

I kid of course :alien:

Hi TC1 , nice scores! Good to hear you have been able to shoot some quality rounds even
with the variations that yu have seen from my designs to your regular ball.

Hi Mike, thanks for the detailed update and glad to see the X3UV Yellow had a run. :banana:

Yes I want to sell in the UK but I am nor sure of the pathway I will use yet.
I have done the same trials in the UK as I have done in the US over the past 3 years
with a number of different people to learn as much as I can whilst the GFC stuff plays
out without fully committing.

I have also wanted to wait till my design approach was recognised as being practical
rather than a novelty, the past 12 months of Test Pilot trials have proven this to now
be true.

I will be creating a ball to help convert the ProV1 / Premium ball type players and as
you mentioned the smaller numbers or icons are something I have been asked for as
these players like yourself are used to a certain look and at this stage don't really want
to change.

Talk more soon,
Boz

Hi TC1 , nice scores! Good to hear you have been able to shoot some quality rounds even
with the variations that yu have seen from my designs to your regular ball.

Hi Mike, thanks for the detailed update and glad to see the X3UV Yellow had a run. :banana:

Yes I want to sell in the UK but I am nor sure of the pathway I will use yet.
I have done the same trials in the UK as I have done in the US over the past 3 years
with a number of different people to learn as much as I can whilst the GFC stuff plays
out without fully committing.

I have also wanted to wait till my design approach was recognised as being practical
rather than a novelty, the past 12 months of Test Pilot trials have proven this to now
be true.

I will be creating a ball to help convert the ProV1 / Premium ball type players and as
you mentioned the smaller numbers or icons are something I have been asked for as
these players like yourself are used to a certain look and at this stage don't really want
to change.

Talk more soon,
Boz

Thanks for the reply Boz :D

I like the sound of the new ball you will be creating, may just have to test some of those when they are available

The ball has grown on me the last 2 rounds and I am hoping that it grows some more with the remaining 3 I have left.

My Vision test pack may just be here today. I checked the shipping tracker and it says it arrived a the destination depot at 3:45 this morning. Wow, shipped on the 4th and here on the 6th. Impressive. Even if it arrives on Monday the 8th that is pretty speedy IMO.

My Vision test pack may just be here today. I checked the shipping tracker and it says it arrived a the destination depot at 3:45 this morning. Wow, shipped on the 4th and here on the 6th. Impressive. Even if it arrives on Monday the 8th that is pretty speedy IMO.

I'm thinking the same thing. I tracked my package and I expect it today or Monday. Looking forward to checking them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an update from Wayne, So I´m hoping I´ll be gaming my Vision balls next week!!

according to tracking mine are in country--looking forward to trying a new ball

I played the 808 my last round and really enjoyed playing it till it decided to take a break and go hide out in the woods. It felt alot softer off the driver than I am used to and at first wasn't sure how I liked that, but at the same timemy normal fade to slice with the driver turned into a nice contolled fade that was easy to play to. This ball also checked up very nicely on the greens for me on approach shots, and wedges from around the green. The majority of the time it was within a few feet of the ball mark. Once I really noticed this I felt more confident trying to go for more pins. I am looking forward to trying out the rest of the different balls and when i get some more info on them I will post my thoughts.
Its great to see so many members giving these a shot as i really think they are very gameable ball.

Back