Journey to Break 85

Yea, I don't really care. Like I said, I was talking equipment almost the entire time. I need ABSOLUTE SILENCE.

I put somebody on the pre-ban list last night. FACT.

I'm with ya - I prefer silence. And ya know whispering is worse than talking.

There was an article about a Tiger mauling and I was going to doctor it up and post it for comedic value, but I'm just too lazy.

There was an article about a Tiger mauling and I was going to doctor it up and post it for comedic value, but I'm just too lazy.

Haha, its the thought that counts Hawk! :D

Yoc, I told you I was just tired yesterday.

Hahahah, yes you did dude. Im lovin it today.

Got my shaft recommendations in! Excited

Yoc, I told you I was just tired yesterday.

Nice. What were the results?

Here they are. Not pictured is the Rifle 5.5 option. I have a problem hitting my scoring irons too high so I wonder if the 5.5 flighted would be ok? Whats curious is all these shafts offer much different flights from reading up on them. The CPC recommended 5.5 Project X Flighted. The uniflex I have now are flighted and its made a world of difference in the scoring irons, to the point Im hitting them with confidence again.

So I dont know to be honest. The flighted offers different kickpoints but does that mean different stiff tipness as well?

Reason I am asking is the results is why it put me in these shafts with these tips because of the swing DNA.

IMAG0006.jpg

I don't know man. If you hit you scoring irons too high, I can't see those XP's working well for you. I don't know enough to really give you any good advice on the others.

Posted via Tapatalk

XP's and SL's just don't seem like a good fit based on your shot height descriptions. However, it's so hard to argue with the Optimizer. It pegged me perfectly.

I don't know man. If you hit you scoring irons too high, I can't see those XP's working well for you. I don't know enough to really give you any good advice on the others.

Posted via Tapatalk

Kinda what I was thinking Haha. Ill hit Golfsmith today and try to hit them all. The graphite recommendation was PX 5.5 :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

XP's and SL's just don't seem like a good fit based on your shot height descriptions. However, it's so hard to argue with the Optimizer. It pegged me perfectly.

Those were my first thoughts too. I loved my old s300's just killed my wrists. These SL's are supposed to be just lighter but I've read mixed reviews.

What about the rifle 5.5 it recommend? You had rifle shafts right? Thinking that but go flighted to help with my lower iron swing fault.

It seems to peg everyone right on.

I much prefer the Rifle's to any DG series shafts for some reason. They feel much better and smoother. If it were me, recommending one of the 3 to you, I'd recommend the 5.5's fo' sho'.

I'm gonna start looking for deals. Appreciate your guys input.

I'm giddy. I'll be honest.

I'm gonna start looking for deals. Appreciate your guys input.

I'm giddy. I'll be honest.

Have you hit the PX's as well Yoccos? They would bring your ball flight down as well.

Have you hit the PX's as well Yoccos? They would bring your ball flight down as well.

Sure have!! The PX's were the recommendation (2nd option) from the fitter but flighted after the Uni's. From what I'm gathering there is a difference with the Rifles and PX's even though I've always thought they're the same.

3 0f the last 4 rounds, i had 86, 87, 87... getting so close!!! stupid chip shots the shoot off right have been creeping in.. other then that my driver distance has suffered due to slice, hopefully with my stance fix, i can break 85!!

Thats great man!!!!!!!! You'e right there. The driver is a tough one to tame but keep at it and we know you're gonna get there!

3 0f the last 4 rounds, i had 86, 87, 87... getting so close!!! stupid chip shots the shoot off right have been creeping in.. other then that my driver distance has suffered due to slice, hopefully with my stance fix, i can break 85!!

Thats great man!!!!!!!! You'e right there. The driver is a tough one to tame but keep at it and we know you're gonna get there!

Alright Tmex, you golfing today? IF you are I say you break 85 today.

Came in here to throw a little update myself...

Walked 9 and played a course that usually gives me fits on the front 9. Shot a 42, 16 putts and I was slicing my driver all day. Managed to keep it in the fairway at times and if I didn't, took my 6i out and punched to safety. Great round with my irons and putter. I stole JB's putting stroke/stance hahahah. It worked wonders!

Came in here to throw a little update myself...

Walked 9 and played a course that usually gives me fits on the front 9. Shot a 42, 16 putts and I was slicing my driver all day. Managed to keep it in the fairway at times and if I didn't, took my 6i out and punched to safety. Great round with my irons and putter. I stole JB's putting stroke/stance hahahah. It worked wonders!

Great job buddy, 3 strokes under the 85 pace! I'll see you over in the breaking 80 thread in a few days.

Haha, I think so too. A couple things have really helped my game... TC, Lee Westwood and having fun. That and having bad range sessions the night before :)

I'm a little worried about the driver... I think the Epoxy that came loose was my saving grace. I may go play today but i have some free tickets to a baseball game. I played simulator golf last night too with some friends haha. Shot a 92 on a course in Florida that was 7600 yards. Sim golf is odd but I like you can drink beer and not get a headache.

I'm gonna see you in that thread dude. Good luck on your round today. Like I said, can't tell your score but you're gonna be pleasantly surprised!

Great job buddy, 3 strokes under the 85 pace! I'll see you over in the breaking 80 thread in a few days.

Weird day. I started off bad, but instead of staying that way, I battled out of it. Ended up 49/46 for a 95. Sort of disappointing, but it was a pretty tough course and longer than I usually like. Honestly should have ended with a 43 on the back, but broke the cardinal rule of course management on 18. Had 215 to the pin over a big pot bunker. I decide to hit the the hell out of a fairway wood and ended up in a hazard. Ended with a triple on what could have been just a bogey hole at worse.

Hit the ball a lot better on the back than I scored I guess.

Putting wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad. I added a bit of forward press to firm up my lead wrist and that really seemed to help with distance control.

The best part of the day was that I was able to fix my swing on the course. Normally, I just have what I have and either suffer or prosper. Starting off, I was slicing the driver a bit. Enough that it was hurting me. I worked really hard to get it inside-out, which resulted in one hole that I hooked it a bit. Then, I just sort of backed off that a little and I'm hitting a nice draw the rest of the day. Woot.

Today was a day that I would have given up on after 6 holes not long ago. I ended up with a 95 and will take it. Can't have your best stuff every day, but you can make the best out of what you've got I guess.

That is a helluva day Hawk. You fixed your swing and stayed in the game. Sometimes its good to just go for it. You need to do it every now and then. I think that fits in course management somewhere :)

Weird day. I started off bad, but instead of staying that way, I battled out of it. Ended up 49/46 for a 95. Sort of disappointing, but it was a pretty tough course and longer than I usually like. Honestly should have ended with a 43 on the back, but broke the cardinal rule of course management on 18. Had 215 to the pin over a big pot bunker. I decide to hit the the hell out of a fairway wood and ended up in a hazard. Ended with a triple on what could have been just a bogey hole at worse.

Hit the ball a lot better on the back than I scored I guess.

Putting wasn't good, but it wasn't as bad. I added a bit of forward press to firm up my lead wrist and that really seemed to help with distance control.

The best part of the day was that I was able to fix my swing on the course. Normally, I just have what I have and either suffer or prosper. Starting off, I was slicing the driver a bit. Enough that it was hurting me. I worked really hard to get it inside-out, which resulted in one hole that I hooked it a bit. Then, I just sort of backed off that a little and I'm hitting a nice draw the rest of the day. Woot.

Today was a day that I would have given up on after 6 holes not long ago. I ended up with a 95 and will take it. Can't have your best stuff every day, but you can make the best out of what you've got I guess.

Nice job Hawk! Wish I had that ability to fix my swing on the course, but yesterday was a massive fail at doing that. Keep up the great work, and nice score!

Back