Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

Meant to say how impressed I am with the R Cloud update. It was my biggest complaint was lack of dashboard type feature which was completely resolved.
I am still not at all happy with that one. It's basically irrelevant to me at this point other than accessing shots on devices that aren't mine.

Meant to say how impressed I am with the R Cloud update. It was my biggest complaint was lack of dashboard type feature which was completely resolved.
My biggest complaint is lack of club data and putting. Club data is coming! I don't know the likelihood of putting being a unit behind the ball.

Have some time booked with a buddy not this Sunday but next at his shop to do some side by side comparisons with GCQuad. Should be fun! I also have a 3d printed marker template for the RCT golf balls which I am looking forward to trying out. Should help mark up other golf balls I want to test on it while providing decent numbers.
Would you mind sharing your STL for the 3D print? That would be handy.

Would you mind sharing your STL for the 3D print? That would be handy.
I actually just got it off Etsy. It was $12 I believe.

Has anyone used GSpro with their MLM2PRO and if so how has it been? Looks like it has excellent graphics and tons of actual courses available.

Also curious if anyone has used a leveling stand/laser and if it has been helpful?

Has anyone used GSpro with their MLM2PRO and if so how has it been? Looks like it has excellent graphics and tons of actual courses available.

Also curious if anyone has used a leveling stand/laser and if it has been helpful?
Gspro is the way to go imo. I hope they eventually have direct support like foresight did...for now join the gspro discord and there are people there that can help you get up and running

Gspro is the way to go imo. I hope they eventually have direct support like foresight did...for now join the gspro discord and there are people there that can help you get up and running
any chance you or anyone else could send me an invite link to their discord? thanks!

some rough disconnects/non reads when I finally set it up again after a break. Couldn't use rapsodo range due to disconnects and app crashes.

club speed was horrible, though ball speed and spin seemed to be fine in practice mode.

hate that awesome golf seems to not be using the rapsodo spin anymore either.

blah.

Hi Guys.
Well I got the Rapsodo MLM2Pro and tried to start today my first session.
Everything was looking good until one thing. Cameras are not Starting. I see always the message "Please wait for the camera stream to load before hitting your first shot".. The dual camera from iPad is working but not the Camera from Rapsodo. Do I need to activate something or is the device just "broken"? ^

Hi Guys.
Well I got the Rapsodo MLM2Pro and tried to start today my first session.
Everything was looking good until one thing. Cameras are not Starting. I see always the message "Please wait for the camera stream to load before hitting your first shot".. The dual camera from iPad is working but not the Camera from Rapsodo. Do I need to activate something or is the device just "broken"? ^
How is your wifi in this area? Are you using wifi connection or direct connection? Like any other stream, the quality of your connection is important.

How is your wifi in this area? Are you using wifi connection or direct connection? Like any other stream, the quality of your connection is important.
Checked both.
iPad without and with 5G or WiFi connection. Same with iPhone - both didn’t worked :-/ always see the screen I mentioned already. Tried as well firmware update etc 😅

Attachments

• IMG_1054.png
    IMG_1054.png
    83 KB · Views: 9
Dumb question? Simulation mode playing Rapsodo Courses. If you forget to switch clubs. e. g. PW to 2h. Will this affect 2h distance and stats?

Updated the software and looking forward to seeing if I can get the E6 simulation working now. The range functionality continues to work flawless for me

Dumb question? Simulation mode playing Rapsodo Courses. If you forget to switch clubs. e. g. PW to 2h. Will this affect 2h distance and stats?
I think it is unlikely to affect simulated ball flight, as the unit is directly measuring ball speed, launch angle, launch direction, spin rate, and spin direction (assuming you are using a properly marked ball and have a Rapsodo subscription), however I would expect any metrics kept will be assigned to the selected club, so your per-club reporting would be affected (e.g. average carry, average ball speed).

I think it is unlikely to affect simulated ball flight, as the unit is directly measuring ball speed, launch angle, launch direction, spin rate, and spin direction (assuming you are using a properly marked ball and have a Rapsodo subscription), however I would expect any metrics kept will be assigned to the selected club, so your per-club reporting would be affected (e.g. average carry, average ball speed).
I was just wondering because of short distances on really pure shots. I've heard it could be hitting into a net and not an impact screen?

I was just wondering because of short distances on really pure shots. I've heard it could be hitting into a net and not an impact screen?
I read that here too, and had a similar experience, but I haven't seen enough data to tell whether this is a real problem or not. It is certainly possible, it would make sense to me for this to be a potential bug if the device is averaging the ball speed over several measurements, and includes measurements when the ball is decelerating in the net.

For what it' worth if I pull my screen off I get zero difference in results. I can't picture how it would make a difference with how the device measures things.

I read that here too, and had a similar experience, but I haven't seen enough data to tell whether this is a real problem or not. It is certainly possible, it would make sense to me for this to be a potential bug if the device is averaging the ball speed over several measurements, and includes measurements when the ball is decelerating in the net.
I also had a ton of distance inaccuracies in the beginning and tried everything imaginable and recommended for 2+months and nothing made a difference. I then took it to the range to use it outdoors and ever since it has magically become much more accurate. I have no clue if this is a real thing or not but for some reason I feel like using it outdoors somehow helped calibrate it a bit. I've compared sessions and specific swings that were nearly identical from before and after using it outside with the results after being much more accurate. Before using it outside all my irons were consistently 15 yards short on very pure swings, but ever since I would say it has been fairly accurate or more in the range of 2-5 yards off is kind of what it feels like. Hope that helps.

I also had a ton of distance inaccuracies in the beginning and tried everything imaginable and recommended for 2+months and nothing made a difference. I then took it to the range to use it outdoors and ever since it has magically become much more accurate. I have no clue if this is a real thing or not but for some reason I feel like using it outdoors somehow helped calibrate it a bit. I've compared sessions and specific swings that were nearly identical from before and after using it outside with the results after being much more accurate. Before using it outside all my irons were consistently 15 yards short on very pure swings, but ever since I would say it has been fairly accurate or more in the range of 2-5 yards off is kind of what it feels like. Hope that helps.
Interesting. The change seems unlikely to have been related to using it at the range, but perhaps there was a firmware/app update that you applied from Rapsodo around the same time that might have addressed the issue? It's hard to know without more detailed feedback from Rapsodo - their firmware/app release notes are usually not very detailed, alas.

For what it' worth if I pull my screen off I get zero difference in results. I can't picture how it would make a difference with how the device measures things.
That is odd. I really need to get my unit charged and get it out for some work. Had it with me last week, buuuut wasn't charged. doh!

This looks very promising.

This looks very promising.

This could be really good.

Also my son's coach was looking at the rapsodo for a portable option for lessons. Took it last weekend to the range for his lesson and had no issues that I had with the crazy shot data. Worked flawlessly on his iPhone. I really wonder if my android device gives this thing a case of the Mondays

Going to be some eyes in here I assume!

Back