The Newton Motion Driver Shaft Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In 2022, THP brought news of Sacks Parente opening their own shaft manufacturing facility located in St. Joseph, Missouri, you can read the full article here. While the immediate benefit was controlling the production and innovation of their ULBP (Ultra Low Balance Point) shafts for their putters, the company has been at work on something much bigger, a full jump into the design and production of their own line of driver shafts. Introducing the Newton Motion.

Continue reading...

Interesting stuff. At first I didn't love the pics, but the further down I got the cooler they looked. The elongated bend profile is right up my alley.

As for the dots vs flex, I both like and dislike that. On one hand, having six options is really nice. Really nice. On the other, I think you are going to run into people that it confuses. The latter group probably isn't the target audience.

Oh - price is pretty solid!

Very intriguing brand launch. Made in America. Ordered and comes with adapter and grip at a strong price point.

Strange that you can order a shaft direct from the manufacturer with a tip and grip installed.

Really appreciate you can order it gripped and tipped.

I think I like the dot system.

Will a shaft come in @Jman for testing? Would enjoy hearing your thoughts from swinging.

The elongated bend profile seems to make a ton of sense. At least it does to my very limited understanding of golf shaft tech.

Looks like I have another shaft I need to try..

interesting. Strong on the promises and marketing speech.

the mystichrome color has me intrigued enough. haha

Personally the first thing I look at in a driver shaft is weight. No weight shown. ?

Really appreciate you can order it gripped and tipped.

I think I like the dot system.

Will a shaft come in @Jman for testing? Would enjoy hearing your thoughts from swinging.
Yes, we should have a shaft in for testing soon.

I like the look of it, and the symmetry360 deal. I listed to an off course months back that talked about no shaft is perfect (pretty sure it was that podcast?) and there is a preferred side to put the clubface on. If it really is fully balanced that's pretty awesome.

The dot marketing is also fun. I'm a 3 dot on the lower end or a 2 dot on the higher end so I would still need a test to see which one would work best for me, but it does help make the decision easier if you are to believe what they write based upon their testing.

Very interesting. Sachs Parente is an interesting company. I have only seen a couple of their putters in the wild (including @JB) but the people I have seen that have them love them. I would be interested in trying one.

Great price point. Should be a very interesting shaft. Love the in house construction. So rare today yet still keeping costs down.
Hopefully they are onto something.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Very cool to see and not often is a golf company equipment facility just over an hour from me. Hopefully my local fitter will carry the shaft to try out.

Very intriguing brand launch. Made in America. Ordered and comes with adapter and grip at a strong price point.
I love this part of it, as someone who doesn't do clubbuilding and has to depend on Golf Galaxy or PGA Tour Superstore, to get the shaft ready to go with the adapter is awesome.

@JB @Jman

They bought the travesty that was Steadfast correct?

This has my interest. Will be following along to see how this tests out.

I am always curious about different shafts and how they work with different golf swings. I wish this company the best of luck and look forward to hearing how these go with THPers

@Jman - I read the article (Outstanding as always) and the way the shafts are marked and I sense this is "AutoFlex Lite"
Any thoughts on my deduction?

The thing I’m most interested in is that Sacks Parente doesn’t ever halfway anything, that is what piques my curiosity the most.

@Jman - I read the article (Outstanding as always) and the way the shafts are marked and I sense this is "AutoFlex Lite"
To my knowledge, it has nothing to do with the autoflex premise of being lower flex than stated. But, we will definitely see when we get one in hand for testing.

ve
very strong PP. Im intrigued!

I would equate the flexes being more like PX and their numbering system than I would the sham that is AutoFlex :ROFLMAO:

Back