Wedge Setup and Why?

I searched the forum for something like this, if anything merge it please. ButI just bought a 64* CG15 today and it got me wondering what am I going to take out of my bag now. Originally I thought I would take out my AW for it. But I have been using that for my 80-130ish shots since I have a 60* for less then 80 yards and I can hit it 100 but I have found that trying to hit a full 60* wedge is harder than a 75% AW.(I have my burner PW as well but I feel like I hit it 130-150 sometimes, it just jumps off the club)

Point being I am curious as to what wedge setup everyone has and any tips for people who are in a similar situation as me.

So for me, I have a PW, AW, SW, 60*, now a 64*

Merged with a monster thread on the subject.

46* PW, 52* GW, & 56* SW

My gap wedge is my favorite club in the bag. I love it from 90 yards & in. I prefer to swing only 80-85% with my wedges for more accuracy and it feels much smoother.

My PW is 43*, no wonder I am hitting 10 yrds longer than I expect.

SW is 55* and then have a 58* Vokey.....think I need a 48* and a 52*

Kudos for buying and being able to strike a 64 degree wedge man.. I've never had much luck with anything past 58 degrees.

Also, I've played 52/56 for the longest time, but I am planning to upgrade my wedges this year, likely to the 50/54/58 setup so that my gap between my 46 degree PW is tightened a bit.. Starting to get a bit impatient with knockdown PWs when I could be hitting the 50!

SW is 55* and then have a 58* Vokey.....think I need a 48* and a 52*

WOW 43 I think my 8 iron is a 42 that's really a major difference. I think shaft technology has really allowed these lofts to get really too strong but then add a low kick shaft to get flight up. Seems big gap then in short distances. You'd almost have to carry 5 wedges 47 52 56 60 as fill in's but really depends on shots you hit and distances. Do you hit pw about 140+ with that loft

Thanks TC, I searched "Wedge setup" and nothing came up, kind of found it funny when I wake up to see this huge thread.

But I can hit my 60* just fine and I can dial my AW in so it makes me wonder if I should just keep the AW and get rid of the PW since the yardage differences from my 9 to AW is fine(as I seem to barely use my PW)

Wow, that's a pretty strong-lofted PW. That would be about a 9i on my set (42*)

WOW 43 I think my 8 iron is a 42 that's really a major difference.

Nah, your 8i is 39*; your 9i is 43*.

Thought I'd bring this thread up to talk bounce and see what others thought. I'm now playing my old wedge setup that is a low bounce. We have very hard ground here and tend to get a bunch of hardpan. I'm finding my 50.06 xFT to be really good on the tight lies and hard pan. What works for your local conditions?

Ironically I just switched wedges and changed my setup again as well. Went from 50, 54, 58 to 50, 55, and 60.

I was wondering what would work well in those conditions Hawk. Here it gets very hard, almost cement like and thinning shots is a big problem.

Thought I'd bring this thread up to talk bounce and see what others thought. I'm now playing my old wedge setup that is a low bounce. We have very hard ground here and tend to get a bunch of hardpan. I'm finding my 50.06 xFT to be really good on the tight lies and hard pan. What works for your local conditions?

That's pretty funny. I just bought the MP T10s with low bounce, because I wanted lower bounce for all the really tight lies just like you. Haha

Do you find a bit more bounce works with the Florida grass JB?

Also, are you seeing much difference in your distances?

I switched my setup too. I went from 52, 56, 60 to 52, 58.

I was wondering what would work well in those conditions Hawk. Here it gets very hard, almost cement like and thinning shots is a big problem.

It truly could be a mental thing, but I just don't feel comfortable with much bounce here in the summer.

Do you find a bit more bounce works with the Florida grass JB?

Also, are you seeing much difference in your distances?

I have found less bounce works for me with the Florida grass.

Ironically I just switched wedges and changed my setup again as well. Went from 50, 54, 58 to 50, 55, and 60.

Which wedges you changed to?
I switched to CG 15's 54 58 with spinners..Huge difference

What combination of wedges do you play?

What combination of wedges do you play?

I'm trying to put together a good set of wedges to cover the yardage on my short shots. Interested in seeing what lofts you guys have on yours.

48, 54 and 60. For me it gives nice gaps between my PW, gap wedge, sand wedge and lob wedge. I considered not going with a gap wedge but my PW is 43*, which would leave me a pretty big gap between my PW and SW.

I go with the p wedge from irons, 50 deg cg15,60 deg ping i wedge. I use the 50 for most everything. It is a very reliable accurate club for me

47, 51, 56. I can't imagine changing lofts now. It would screw everything up.

47 pw, 53 sw, 59 lw

Seeing these numbers has me wondering if I should re-check my lofts. Nothing hits the ground harder than my wedges after a bad shot, my 52*, 56*, 60* could be off.

Haven't posted here since I got my new wedges, so, now I am playing a 51.08, a 56.12, and a 59.10.

Since my new "gap" wedge is at 46* and I only have room for two, I went 50.10 and 56.14. I gotta have a 50* though, because I'm so used to a 50* PW, just familiar with that loft and know what to expect. No surprises.

My PW is 47* and my gap is 52*. I also carry a 56* and a 60*. i was however thinking about moving to a 58* instead of the 56* and 60* to give me more consistent gaps. I have heard that a 58* wedge is very versitile and good. Thoughts?

Back