2023 Cobra KING TOUR, MB and CB Irons

Yessir. Couldn’t pass up that price tag.
I was down last Thursday and was so close, I did talk my buddy into picking up a set but unfortunately he’s left handed so I can’t even try them

I was down last Thursday and was so close, I did talk my buddy into picking up a set but unfortunately he’s left handed so I can’t even try them
If your making your way into this neck of the woods again over the winter let me know and we’ll link up 👊.

If your making your way into this neck of the woods again over the winter let me know and we’ll link up 👊.
Sounds good, I’m sure I will be down for a few more Oiler games

@ryang13 looking forward to your thoughts regarding the stock KBS $tapers. Have you gamed the kbs tour 120’s?

@ryang13 looking forward to your thoughts regarding the stock KBS $tapers. Have you gamed the kbs tour 120’s?
I have not! The last KBS shaft I played was the Tour 90. I’ll be getting some swings in with these tonight so I’ll report back on what I see.

20231104_152202.jpg20231107_074454.jpg

Couple recent compare pics as a refresher.

The CBs are such a unique combination of features. Look more compact but are about the same actual length. Thicker through the center but the sole has a great heel and toe shape. Etc etc.

And this line got big love on TXG's Q&A yesterday. Talk about how it's the most underrated iron line out there.

Last edited:
I just may be regretting not jumping on that sale last week

IMG_8791.jpeg
These are fun. Shot on the left is mine, the remaining scatter plot was before we cleared the data from the previous user. I was a little hesitant that the $-taper might not be a great option for me but I dig the feel. These things handle a thin miss better than I expected, and are just so crisp when you catch it like you should. Was not difficult for me to hit my preferred flight, and spin #’s were surprisingly pretty decent. I can see the King Tours and myself getting along very well.

View attachment 9219731View attachment 9219732

Couple recent compare pics as a refresher.

The CBs are such a unique combination of features. Look more compact but are about the same actual length. Thicker through the center but the sole has a great heel and toe shape. Etc etc.

And this line got big love on TXG's Q&A yesterday. Talk about how it's the most underrated iron line out there.
My swing coach had a few of the Cobra demos in the bay yesterday and I was pretty impressed with the size of the CB's. The sole and topline are much less intimidating than others in the category, and the same for the topline on the MB. Srixon might have a competitor in that "playable looking MB" space.

View attachment 9219963
These are fun. Shot on the left is mine, the remaining scatter plot was before we cleared the data from the previous user. I was a little hesitant that the $-taper might not be a great option for me but I dig the feel. These things handle a thin miss better than I expected, and are just so crisp when you catch it like you should. Was not difficult for me to hit my preferred flight, and spin #’s were surprisingly pretty decent. I can see the King Tours and myself getting along very well.
Can confirm that it handles the thin miss very well. Field tested and confirmed…alot. Also handles toe misses really well too.

Can confirm that it handles the thin miss very well. Field tested and confirmed…alot. Also handles toe misses really well too.
I didn't get out on the toe at all tonight but I'm sure I'll explore out there eventually :LOL: . I'm typically more of a heel striker but can be equal opportunity with misses.

Now we’ve got a proper shootout on our hands. Hoping to hop on the monitor this weekend and see some numbers, but I’m really impressed by the visual package Cobra has put together here. Looks incredibly inviting and forgiving, and the view at address really does a good job of hiding some of that added thickness down below. This season really highlighted some things that I want to see in my irons - thinner topline, less offset, etc, and the King Tour checks a lot of those boxes. SMS Pro 7i for comparison with the black/silver ferrule.
IMG_8801.jpeg
IMG_8802.jpeg
IMG_8803.jpeg

Now we’ve got a proper shootout on our hands. Hoping to hop on the monitor this weekend and see some numbers, but I’m really impressed by the visual package Cobra has put together here. Looks incredibly inviting and forgiving, and the view at address really does a good job of hiding some of that added thickness down below. This season really highlighted some things that I want to see in my irons - thinner topline, less offset, etc, and the King Tour checks a lot of those boxes. SMS Pro 7i for comparison with the black/silver ferrule.
View attachment 9220748
View attachment 9220749
View attachment 9220750
That is a pair of good looking irons

King Tours were kind of the star of the show yesterday. Couple good par 5 approaches for easy birdies. Teed off with the 4 a couple times to hang back.

Just really playable. They actually spin well so they're a good match for me there. And they really do feel pretty great. Really satisfying. I'm playing a little softer than my 100+ compression ball here and it makes it feel like you mashed everything with them.

View attachment 9220748
View attachment 9220749
View attachment 9220750
Two irons that appreciate the benefit of a decent top line.

Two irons that appreciate the benefit of a decent top line.
Agreed, and a really clean transition from the hosel down. The more rounded leading edge on the King Tour is pretty subtle but they seem to set up really square behind the ball. Sound is fantastic - what ball were you using in that last video?

Agreed, and a really clean transition from the hosel down. The more rounded leading edge on the King Tour is pretty subtle but they seem to set up really square behind the ball. Sound is fantastic - what ball were you using in that last video?
One that doesn't come out for a couplefew months.

King Tours were kind of the star of the show yesterday. Couple good par 5 approaches for easy birdies. Teed off with the 4 a couple times to hang back.

Just really playable. They actually spin well so they're a good match for me there. And they really do feel pretty great. Really satisfying. I'm playing a little softer than my 100+ compression ball here and it makes it feel like you mashed everything with them.

I need to try the cb/mb combo and keep the 4/5 in the tours. With my miss being heel side I’m thinking I could play them just fine.

I need to try the cb/mb combo and keep the 4/5 in the tours. With my miss being heel side I’m thinking I could play them just fine.
That's kind of my triple combo. And my miss. 4-5 Tour, 6-8 CB, 9-G MB. It was the best way to try to the full lineup and worked out great!

One that doesn't come out for a couplefew months.
Eddie Murphy Shut Up GIF by Bounce

Just for now. Everyone's sending out testing/seeding balls now or will be soon, so there will be plenty of people talking about them.

Didn't get the time on the monitor I was hoping for this week, due to schedule and my back not cooperating very well, but I did get a couple swings in on Saturday with a few clubs. I don't know if I'm quite prepared to throw a 4i back into the bag over the U505, but this one looks inviting for a player's long iron. Overall, this is a unique package - sort of feels like the extension of the idea that the Forged Tec X is a "Game Improvement Player's Iron", and I feel like the King Tour might let you get away with a bit more nonsense than you expect. I found the center of the face more often than I expected with my guarded swing, and those strikes anywhere close to the center of the face feel amazing. I was a little unsure about the $-taper, but it feels like a profile I can time pretty well, and it seems to work pretty well with my tempo. Off-season swing work/practice/sim golf is going to be alot of fun this winter with these, and how good is the shape of that PW?

I think it's time to bust out of the office to hit these for a bit this evening....

Back