What is your first indication that you have joined the group from hell?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.4
My intro is tongue in cheek. However, I play quite a bit of golf as a single and end up in threesomes with people I don’t know. Often, it is a great round. However, sometimes, it is very miserable. Last week, I ended up with some guys who drove their cart into a lake on the course. I was splitting a gut inside when it happened. There were other misadventures during the round.

What are things you first notice that are red flags when playing with strangers. I am looking for humor here.

IMG_6057.jpeg

That no one wants to tee off first on hole #1, and insist on honors hole #2

2000s it wasnt me GIF

They yell at me for asking about playing music. 😜

Three shanked tee shots on the first tee

Omfg that picture is comic gold haha

Multiple Ball-retrievers and chippers in the bag, cup holders filled with bloody mary's and ball holders in cart full of mismatched golf balls.

When they try to play more clubs out of your bag than their own

When each person acts like they spent $1,000 at the pro shop for mulligan packs. It's a breakfast ball, not a breakfast sleeve.

Guys who smoke wayy too much weed/drink too much

Anger outbursts

Slow play/not keeping pace

Poor decorum, like yelling at a buddy on the other side of the fairway while a group is trying to putt right next to him.

I cannot fathom keeping my laughter contained to internal if I ever get to watch someone drive a cart into water.

My prediction: it’s happening if I get a round in with @Thrillbilly Jim

Starts bragging about their golf accomplishments the first holes especially after bad shots. You know they are gonna give unsolicited advice all round.

Three shanked tee shots on the first tee

Omfg that picture is comic gold haha
That service vehicle had no chance of pulling out the cart. I am guessing that they had to bring in a back hoe.

BTW, the photo in my first post was at the famed Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV. The hill was much stepper than it looks in the photo. I knew that they were headed for trouble as they ventured down towards an errant ball.

Losing three balls on the first hole and spending full five minutes looking for each one.

BTW, the photo in my first post was at the famed Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV. The hill was much stepper than it looks in the photo. I knew that they were headed for trouble as they ventured down towards an errant ball.
There is a course around here people are known to drive into the lake. I saw a group do it full speed once.

Back