JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We review a lot of products here at THP and of course are always looking for other things to review. But all of our reviewers have opinions on what they want reviewed next.

Rather than "dictate" (pun intended) what you should read about, we want to know what you would like reviewed. If you would like us to review something, just let me know. If it was your idea, we may just give you the item afterward...(maybe...lol)

I look forward to hearing from all of you guys with input on what you want to know more about. Thanks.

Without any thoughts as to a particular item (I'll keep my thinking hat on) I was thinking of 3 categories.

1. Funky (golf clothing)
2. Functional (anything seriously golf related - outerwear, grips, balls, new clubs, etc)
3. Gimmicky (the latest 'training aid' guaranteed to do whatever)

Perhaps ...

4. [Still thinking.]

• Admin
Brad,
We are steadily working on the 1st three.

Brad,
We are steadily working on the 1st three.

Yeah, I don't know if I was very helpful but I put them up there as guideposts because I think they're the categories that golfers are interested in. Also, maybe a bit of golf travel like "JB plays Pebble" but I know that's not feasible.

How about some reviews of equipment from some smaller golf companies?

One guy in his garage making some pretty exciting equipment. Stuff like that. Those are the people I would like to support.

• Admin
How about some reviews of equipment from some smaller golf companies?

One guy in his garage making some pretty exciting equipment. Stuff like that. Those are the people I would like to support.

Funny you mention that. We just got a driver literally 2 minutes ago from a company called Dimension Z. We will have a review up this week on them. It is owned by the former President of Hogan (back when they mattered) and the club looks amazing.

Funny you mention that. We just got a driver literally 2 minutes ago from a company called Dimension Z. We will have a review up this week on them. It is owned by the former President of Hogan (back when they mattered) and the club looks amazing.

It'll be interesting to see if those small companies can compete with the technology of the big ones.

I would love a putting aid that really works. I've seen so many. I saw one on the golf channel, but I forget the name. It was an alignment aid you put on the floor and you glide the heel of the putter along it. I made a slighty inside arc going back and then went straight through the ball.
That's just one I remember but anything that works would be fine.

• Admin
Shanks,
We have two putting aids on their way. Dont know if either of them work yet, but they are coming.

I would love a putting aid that really works. I've seen so many. I saw one on the golf channel, but I forget the name. It was an alignment aid you put on the floor and you glide the heel of the putter along it. I made a slighty inside arc going back and then went straight through the ball.
That's just one I remember but anything that works would be fine.

Me, I'm thinking an oldfashioned wood yardstick for the winter. Or just the wall.

How much do you think we could charge for that?

JB,
I'd be interested in seeing if these irons really work as well as they say.
www.1irongolf.com
All the clubs are the same length. Like many I struggle more with my 4 and 5 iron than any other. I even thought about shortening them a bit but the lie angle would be off. Imagine a 4 iron as easy to hit as an 8 iron.

JB - I want to try out some Eidolon wedges, and some Ray Cook stuff. Both are Texas companies. Eidolon is a relative new comer, but apparently make some really nice stuff. Ray's been around for years, but you never see any reviews of his stuff (c'mon, Scotty Cameron used to work for him!)

I'd be willing to make a long weekend trip down there to meet, interview and test their stuff. :banana::banana::banana:

JB,
I'd be interested in seeing if these irons really work as well as they say.

I'm hoping getting fitted will make the irons easier to hit. Mine are off the rack, and being 5'7" I know the lie angles aren't right. I am too upright when the sole of the club is square to the ground. I'm keeping the same irons for next year, but will get fitted to them finally, over the winter. My wife will have fitted clubs for next season.

It may not totally solve the problem, but I bet a lot of golfers issues with hitting clubs is because they aren't fitted correctly.

Great suggestions guys. I will be in touch with all of them this week. Keep them coming.

At the risk of giving us weird flashbacks (you'll get what I mean in a second), a review of Titleist AP2s & the new 909 driver. Although I love Titleist gear, I still look for balanced reviews whatever the golf club.

At the risk of sounding too cheesy, I know we'll get balanced reviews here at THP.

Actually I will have a review done on the 909 by the end of next week. THe AP2's have too many reviews out for me to write one.

You calling Bradde! cheesy and "winey?" Never!

That interpretation occured to me, but it wasn't what I meant. Now, how do I backpeddle out of that one?

Back