TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

the weights are screwed in - if you want to fiddle with weights - you buy different grams.

Check out Ebay for the weights. That is where I got mine for the R11 and I think all Taylormade weights are interchangeable. Thanks Eli Whitney! I'd be interested to see if a slightly heavier weight helps keep the face closed for those who open the face up.

Huh, I was totally informed wrong by the employee there. I'm new to this weight thingy, so in order to tune the weight you have to buy a separate weight gram?

I assume you are talking about where the one "yellow dot" is lined up on the weight? I have had people say that moving them a quarter turn or half turn and lining up the yellow dot makes a difference. Unless I am completely wrong, it does not, a weight is a weight, the only way to have it balanced differently would be to have a lighter weight in one hole and a heavier weight in the other.

I assume you are talking about where the one "yellow dot" is lined up on the weight? I have had people say that moving them a quarter turn or half turn and lining up the yellow dot makes a difference. Unless I am completely wrong, it does not, a weight is a weight, the only way to have it balanced differently would be to have a lighter weight in one hole and a heavier weight in the other.

I've heard the same thing..... but how does tightening it make it heavier? Its got to be Bull.

I have been watching this thread for awhile now and I must say I went to my local dick's and picked one up today for the price of 79.99 with coupon gift card and trade ins but it was worth it I took pictures but for the life of me I can't seem to load them someone please help

there is no way in heck tightening one tighter than the other makes a difference, bunch of bullcrap IMO, you cant change the WEIGHT of a object by screwing it in less or more

I have been watching this thread for awhile now and I must say I went to my local dick's and picked one up today for the price of 79.99 with coupon gift card and trade ins but it was worth it I took pictures but for the life of me I can't seem to load them someone please help

Standard method is to creat an account on Photobucket. Upload your photo's to that website. Then link the photo's over to this site from that site.

OR

I'll use tap a talk on my iphone to upload photos, since the photo's are usually on my iphone anyways, then edit my posts on the computer because typeing with the Iphone's keypad sucks.

Great pick up BTW. I just bought a used non-ghost spider off my buddy to mess around with. I'm amazed at how stable it is throughout the whole stroke.

my GG said coupons do not apply to the spider as its price protected...so did L'ville's GG.

i just bought one today at Edwin Watts

thanks for the info hook. Minarets I didn't think the coupon would work either but when the cashier scanned it the price went down who am I to argue.
here are the pics even one of the grip I want

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

grip.jpg

Did you try the centershaft one? I found that one to be even better for me...just wondering

And congrats on that beautiful putter!

Did you try the centershaft one? I found that one to be even better for me...just wondering

And congrats on that beautiful putter!

Center shafted spider is great. I have a Spider Vicino that is CS and it has worked great for me. Been using a Corza Ghost lately, and I greatly prefer the heel shaft over the center in that one.

Not sure why this is the case, guess just the difference in design.

Suprised TM hasnt come out with a backstrike type of Spider yet. Similar to the new Odyssey DARTs. Figured by now this would have been something that would have been seen.

I don't know if anyone saw this but here's TM's new ad:

I just love how TM's marketing is just bringing it. Also for all you facebookers go to their site and they have a Spider locator that you can post stuff on. Real neat stuff.

I don't know if anyone saw this but here's TM's new ad:

I just love how TM's marketing is just bringing it. Also for all you facebookers go to their site and they have a Spider locator that you can post stuff on. Real neat stuff.

that ad makes me wanna go buy another ghost spider! lol i think the original weights are fine for me unless i start missing putts i prob won't monkey with the weights. i am considering trying the center shaft version to see if it makes a difference or not.

that ad makes me wanna go buy another ghost spider! lol i think the original weights are fine for me unless i start missing putts i prob won't monkey with the weights. i am considering trying the center shaft version to see if it makes a difference or not.

I think that's the best part though is being able to change the weights. I tend to sway towards heavier putters myself and this one is heavy (at 260g) compared to all the putters i've tried but for some weird reason it feels light in my hands. Also, what I found interesting is that all three stock lengths they have (33", 34", and 35") are all the same weight at 260g. Normally you'll see the 34 and 35 at the same weight and the 33 at a slightly heavier weight.

I would love to try the center shaft. This putter is warming on me.

thanks for the info hook. Minarets I didn't think the coupon would work either but when the cashier scanned it the price went down who am I to argue.
here are the pics even one of the grip I want

grip.jpg

Pevans, I have that exact grip on my Ghost Spider and love it !

I think that's the best part though is being able to change the weights. I tend to sway towards heavier putters myself and this one is heavy (at 260g) compared to all the putters i've tried but for some weird reason it feels light in my hands. Also, what I found interesting is that all three stock lengths they have (33", 34", and 35") are all the same weight at 260g. Normally you'll see the 34 and 35 at the same weight and the 33 at a slightly heavier weight.

I would love to try the center shaft. This putter is warming on me.

Its actually 360g not 260. The old ghost came in at 350 so the ghost is actually 10gs heavier.
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/products/putters/Ghost-Spider-putter/product-detail-specifications
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/products/putters/Monza-Spider-Vicino-putter/product-detail-specifications

1st link is the ghost spider while the 2nd is the non ghosted
What Im' curious to know is do these weight listiings count the 4g weights already in the head or is 360g the base weight before you put any weights in.

I am going to check this club out next time I am at the golf store. I wonder if I could get used to such a big head?

Its actually 360g not 260. The old ghost came in at 350 so the ghost is actually 10gs heavier.
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/products/putters/Ghost-Spider-putter/product-detail-specifications
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/products/putters/Monza-Spider-Vicino-putter/product-detail-specifications

1st link is the ghost spider while the 2nd is the non ghosted
What Im' curious to know is do these weight listiings count the 4g weights already in the head or is 360g the base weight before you put any weights in.

Ooops, left off a hundy. Thanks, Snap. I think it's with the weights in.

My #9 is 355g and I feel that the weight is much heavier than this putter. I think it has to do more with weight distribution.

haha thank me as often as you'ld like spank.

I just bought a non ghosted Spider Vicino off my buddy and I"m tearing apart my closet because I have a complete Taylormade Weight kit somewhere. I actually like the weight already but I'm a sucker for tinkering.

haha thank me as often as you'ld like spank.

I just bought a non ghosted Spider Vicino off my buddy and I"m tearing apart my closet because I have a complete Taylormade Weight kit somewhere. I actually like the weight already but I'm a sucker for tinkering.

I will...

I know the first thing I'll do if I get this putter is to take some of the weights on my old R9 and try it out.

The thank me line was because your last post was posted twice spank. Now one's gone and I just seem creepy. haha

Just found the weight kit got 10 weights total...... no wrench. :banghead: Just one of those kind of days I guess.

I hate to say it but my grip option has changed how can you go wrong with this grip

grip-1.jpg

Black Widow Fusion Jumbo Lite

I hate to say it but my grip option has changed how can you go wrong with this grip

grip-1.jpg

Black Widow Fusion Jumbo Lite

Very good looking grip.
I would have to have it in my hands to really feel it before I would buy one.
No one carries them here in town.

Back