US Junior Amateur Championship

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have to show some love to an alum of my high school Jordan Spieth.

Jordan Spieth of Dallas closed out his junior golf career in dominating fashion yesterday, winning the 64th US Junior Amateur Championship in a 6-and-5 runaway at Bremerton, Wash.

After beating Chelso Barrett, 16, of Keene, N.H., Spieth enters the USGA record book as only the second player to win this title multiple times.

Tiger Woods won it three times, from 1991 to 1993.

“That’s really cool,’’ said Spieth, who also won in 2009. “Any time you can be compared to any of Tiger’s golf accomplishments is very special.’’

He is a great kid and a great golfer as well.

I saw some coverage on him earlier this week..great kid real down to earth

Good stuff

Two in a row of any USGA event is grand. I hope he stays an AM through college. Those boys from GA are getting it done while in college

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the over/under for him on years playing for Texas?

Is this the kid who qualified for a PGA event and made the cut? I think he had to miss his HS graduation because his tee time was so late on a that Saturday iirc

Is this the kid who qualified for a PGA event and made the cut? I think he had to miss his HS graduation because his tee time was so late on a that Saturday iirc

bingo...that's him

Yep. He made the cut two years in a row actually

Tap tap taparoo

Back