Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

Tried to get a session in on the new Cobra clubs. Setup needs some work. The mat moving around is a serious problem.

Good news is the Rap worked perfectly and it was a really long session in terms of time because I was trying to tape **** to the ground and chase golf balls and all kinds of other stuff. Not a single disconnect. Connection was great.
Do you feel the numbers are fairly accurate? Have you used the SIM rounds much?

Do you feel the numbers are fairly accurate? Have you used the SIM rounds much?
Yeah I think they are. I did a test with early on right next to a quad and they were real solid. The launch angles are (listed) a little low, but it doesn't seem to affect the rest of the numbers so it's just unique to them. Hoping they update that or at some point.

I haven't done much SIM. Wife wants to tomorrow, but until the carpet, and side net, and black for the sides, and projector get set up, I probably won't do much of it. I don't really sim golf. I don't even hit on indoor monitor any more than I have to. It's not my strength and it creeps into my swing. I'm doing this mostly for quick swing sessions at night, and club testing, building, etc. I'm sure there will be more SIM rounds or challenges come winter.

I've seen you mention a few times that your home course is one of the few that has elevation in the Rapsodo app @baylrballa . Which course is yours?

Actually, this reminds me. That info is not easy to find here. Kind of a thread fail on our part maybe with that. Search and search and multiple people say there's only a few and multiple people say baylr's home course, etc etc, without mentioning names. Most of it is about awesome golf or now e6
Going outside our thread multiple Google searches all led me to other forums/groups.

Finally got through this thread, great info and feedback from everyone here.
Started looking at this as I'm getting shot of my Ernest Sports not being accurate enough.
Figured this would have bugs, no software launch is without them, hopefully the updates have slowed & platform is more stable.

Price point is spot on for data, curious to know a couple of things from folks here.

Bag, can you have more than one so you can test clubs against each other?
How customizable are the clubs in the bag (ie can you put loft/shaft etc?)

I've seen you mention a few times that your home course is one of the few that has elevation in the Rapsodo app @baylrballa . Which course is yours?

Actually, this reminds me. That info is not easy to find here. Kind of a thread fail on our part maybe with that. Search and search and multiple people say there's only a few and multiple people say baylr's home course, etc etc, without mentioning names. Most of it is about awesome golf or now e6
Going outside our thread multiple Google searches all led me to other forums/groups.

Ridgewood CC in Waco Tx

There's got to be a few more out there but I've yet to see another one found with elevation at this point.

How is the data gathered outside compared to inside, for those that have used them both places? Any change or differences you see

There's definitely some elevation in some of the courses.

View attachment 9170014View attachment 9170015
#EasterEgg

How is the data gathered outside compared to inside, for those that have used them both places? Any change or differences you see
Well if you're using range balls you're going to get range ball numbers on speed and carry and whatnot. Kind of wide variety across range balls. Like here's an example of a push draw with a range ball recently.

Screenshot_20230716_101927_MLM2Pro.jpg

Based on a lot of monitor and range experience I'd wager that data for that shot is fairly accurate for that ball.

So I was just able to get it set up before I get carried away with the family…

Off the bat the out of the box setup on this is incredibly easy compared to the SkyTrak. From opening the box to being ready to hit some balls on the practice range it was less than 5 minutes.

I only set up 2 clubs in my bag - PW & 9i. Very easy but does take a little time since from what I can tell you have to do it one club at a time. It would be nice if you could select a PW-4i set rather than each individual club. Maybe you can do that and I just don’t know how.

No side by side SkyTrak comparison yet, but I hit roughly 75 balls and the numbers seem spot on to what I would expect them to be.

The one HUGE pro to the MLM is the IMMEDIATE response you get on video analyzing your swing after each shot. Absolute game changer. I did not set up the front facing camera with my phone yet, just the rear that the device itself picks up. Incredibly excited about that feature.

More to come for sure.

Bonus.. I was very excited to see my local course available on the Rapsodo simulation. I didn’t expect them to have it and though it shows the terrain to be flat the distances and hole-by-hole layout seems spot on.

Well if you're using range balls you're going to get range ball numbers on speed and carry and whatnot. Kind of wide variety across range balls. Like here's an example of a push draw with a range ball recently.

View attachment 9193067

Based on a lot of monitor and range experience I'd wager that data for that shot is fairly accurate for that ball.
Looking at your numbers there and it induced a couple of questions:
On a normal draw or slice(not of the push variety), should the spin axis and launch dir be opposite of each other?
Not necessarily equal, but ones positive and the other negative. I think it probably should be and science says it ought to be or really HAS to be..........maybe.

Then; positve launch angle is to the right for a right hander? Same for left-hander?
Spin axis; counterclockwise is negative? positive clockwise
Or is it anything to the right is positive? Same for lefty?
Industry standards? all monitors report all the same in regards to directional ±?

Have you, or anyone, noticed if spin data affects total distance or the amount of roll out?

Last edited:
So I was just able to get it set up before I get carried away with the family…

Off the bat the out of the box setup on this is incredibly easy compared to the SkyTrak. From opening the box to being ready to hit some balls on the practice range it was less than 5 minutes.

I only set up 2 clubs in my bag - PW & 9i. Very easy but does take a little time since from what I can tell you have to do it one club at a time. It would be nice if you could select a PW-4i set rather than each individual club. Maybe you can do that and I just don’t know how.

No side by side SkyTrak comparison yet, but I hit roughly 75 balls and the numbers seem spot on to what I would expect them to be.

The one HUGE pro to the MLM is the IMMEDIATE response you get on video analyzing your swing after each shot. Absolute game changer. I did not set up the front facing camera with my phone yet, just the rear that the device itself picks up. Incredibly excited about that feature.

More to come for sure.

Bonus.. I was very excited to see my local course available on the Rapsodo simulation. I didn’t expect them to have it and though it shows the terrain to be flat the distances and hole-by-hole layout seems spot on.
Yeah adding the clubs one by one is definitely time consuming, but with their format of entering the loft, lie, and length of each I don't think there'll be a 4-P anytime soon. And once you get past the time to put them in I like that my detailed info for each is there when it comes to gapping and club comparisons.

Looking at your numbers there and it induced a couple of questions:
On a normal draw or slice(not of the push variety), should the spin axis and launch dir be opposite of each other?
Not necessarily equal, but ones positive and the other negative. I think it probably should be and science says it ought to be or really HAS to be..........maybe.

Then; positve launch angle is to the right for a right hander? Same for left-hander?
Spin axis; counterclockwise is negative? positive clockwise
Or is it anything to the right is positive? Same for lefty?
Industry standards? all monitors report all the same in regards to directional ±?
Generally yes. So launch direction positive is right, spin axis negative it's turning left. For a right hander. Positive for both would be start right turning right, etc etc. So a fade guy starting it left to hit the center line would be negative launch direction, positive spin axis.

Generally yes. So launch direction positive is right, spin axis negative it's turning left. For a right hander. Positive for both would be start right turning right, etc etc. So a fade guy starting it left to hit the center line would be negative launch direction, positive spin axis.
Do you know if the #signs reverse for left handers or stay the same?
In other words, if I(a lefty) had hit a push draw, negative launch angle with positive spin axis or the opposite?

Yeah adding the clubs one by one is definitely time consuming, but with their format of entering the loft, lie, and length of each I don't think there'll be a 4-P anytime soon. And once you get past the time to put them in I like that my detailed info for each is there when it comes to gapping and club comparisons.
I agree. Just seems like an easy fix for a mass upload set especially since the loft and lie aren’t required for input. Guessing most people have stock sets. Splitting hairs at this point though.

I spent another hour playing with this last night. I did set up a free trial of Awesome Golf - torn on how much I like it/if it's worth it but it seems to work very well with the Rapsodo. The only thing I hated was I only can use my phone for Awesome Golf/Rapsodo currently and in doing so I lost the video playback of each shot.

The Rapsodo gives you great data, at least it's plenty for me, so I'm not sure if having a few extra courses and games is worth $350.

Ok, first VERY RANDOM thoughts. After - for no known reason the phone started casting, I took it for a spin. I set up 2 clubs - 7 iron and Driver. Not sure why length or loft of lie matter - but will find that data and have it all ready when I set up the whole bag.

Downloaded the user manual - need to look at it - in paper form, only have the quick start guide - so, not sure if this is answered or can be later... Can I set up more than one bag - so say my kid can play/use?

Only hit about 3 shots in practice mode - data seemed close - no practice, had not hit a ball since last Friday. A warm up swing registered - or at least showed on playback.

Set up - easy - I have tons of space in the garage and the yellow area (shown on screen helps to ensure you are in the right area.

Then, off to the course - had a course close to me, Julia and I played 4 holes - rough on the game is harder than at the actual course - or my shots were wilder than normal (or - the SIM course is narrower)? Anyway, scores soared.

Not sure if I need a set up - that is a bag for the SIM vice practice. I did try a few other clubs in SIM seemed to get close to correct distance, but spin (side spin) seemed off from my normal shots - did not take enough to be sure.

Question - can I get the whole screen (TV) to work or just the cast 'slice'? If I can, what do I need to do?

Phone and monitor got hot to the touch - not ouch/burned, just not what was expected.

First thought conclusion - and I have NOT set up SIM yet on the Swing Caddie SC4 - Rapsodo is miles ahead - and the cost difference for what one gets is worth every cent.

I had the original Rapsodo MLM - it worked - nothing fancy just good data - Rapsodo is now doing a trade in if you have the old unit and wish to upgrade, now you can at a lower overall cost (Thanks Callaway;) - and others who adopted that policy long ago). I had cause to reach out to Rapsodo for the old unit about 3 - 4 times and EVERY SINGLE time, they replied in a friendly, helpful and relatively fast manner.

I reached out Swing Caddie on the SC4 (which I still have and will use side by side to see some numbers) 3 times, the 3rd being short and clearly an angry email - they failed to answer all but one question, were not at all apologetic and failed to reply to the first 2 emails.

So, my quick review is longer than expected - oh yea, I think the MLMPro missed maybe 2 shots - including a chip, did not drpp connection ever - took a minute or two to set it up (make connection - I chalk that up to user error).

The MLMPro is at this very stage the winner of the 2 - though they have yet to go head to head - which when done will be measuring accuracy mostly/totally), though I will demo the SC4 SIM in the next few days to a week. The SC4 does have a place, it's quitel possibly better at the range as one does not need specially marked golf balls - of which I will likely be buying a dozen soon.

Stay tuned 😬 more to follow.

... Can I set up more than one bag - so say my kid can play/use?

No, and that's been a big complaint since day 1. has been said that multiple bags/multiplayer is in the future plans.

there's a set % of distance taken off from rough/sand etc.

turn the phone to landscape for casting to TV, or use tablet.

No, and that's been a big complaint since day 1. has been said that multiple bags/multiplayer is in the future plans.

there's a set % of distance taken off from rough/sand etc.

turn the phone to landscape for casting to TV, or use tablet.
You. Da. Man. I asked Julia got 🤷‍♂️ as a reply. I have a ipad so may check that - landscape on the ipad might be just the ticket.

Multi bag would be a winner to me - you noted in a previous discussion with @OldandStiff I think, something about setting up a club but not putting it the bag - is that a workaround?

As to the set distance loss - yes you are right, I did see that - but did not think much of it at the time. Appreciate your taking time to answer these questions, I will try to add more detail and hopefully answer a few questions as well as the testing and playing continue.

You. Da. Man. I asked Julia got 🤷‍♂️ as a reply. I have a ipad so may check that - landscape on the ipad might be just the ticket.

Multi bag would be a winner to me - you noted in a previous discussion with @OldandStiff I think, something about setting up a club but not putting it the bag - is that a workaround?

As to the set distance loss - yes you are right, I did see that - but did not think much of it at the time. Appreciate your taking time to answer these questions, I will try to add more detail and hopefully answer a few questions as well as the testing and playing continue.

yeah, you can have 14 clubs (i think) but obviously don't have a putter. So i have a 7w slot (I don't have a 7w in the bag) that I switch to if other people are hitting. obviously doesn't record their data right, but keeps mine intact.

yeah, you can have 14 clubs (i think) but obviously don't have a putter. So i have a 7w slot (I don't have a 7w in the bag) that I switch to if other people are hitting. obviously doesn't record their data right, but keeps mine intact.
I tried to set up a Nancy Lopez club but it wouldn't let me actually create it.

Sexist.

Edit: scratch that!

Screenshot_20230719_093150_MLM2Pro.jpg

I tried to set up a Nancy Lopez club but it wouldn't let me actually create it.

Sexist.

Edit: scratch that!
So it does have a provision for entering clubs it doesn't already know about?

Back