AB_from_Oz

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi THP,

My name is AB and as you might have guessed I am from Australia…

A little bit about me I work as a full time fire-fighter which gives me time to follow my passion which is golf. My prior sporting background is in baseball where I played in the Australian Baseball League as a right handed pitcher. I started playing golf when my baseball career ended.

What a great but frustrating game!! Haha… :D

Prior to 4 months ago I competed professionally on the Australian Long Drive Circuit. I achieved a top ranking as the 3rd longest driver in Australia. I have a longest recorded drive of 460 yards and a top recorded swing speed of 156mph. During the year I do a number of corporate and charity golf days, I love the interaction with the groups that play on these days and helping golfers to enjoy their game more is something that really motivates me.

I am now pursuing a goal of becoming a professional golfer (in the more traditional sense) and am currently playing off a scratch handicap. My plan is to begin playing amateur events in our summer with a view to going to Q-school in the next 12 months.

I currently use the Vision brand golf ball which is what led me to The Hacker’s Paradise… You guys are currently running your own testing of the golf balls and are providing some very interesting and positive reviews. THP seems to be a fantastic site and I am looking forward to chatting to all of you at some stage in the future.

I am currently looking to buy a set of irons so I will be very interested indeed to read all of the great reviews you guys present on THP.

If there is anything else you would like to know or if you have any questions for me at anytime please don’t hesitate to ask, I am always more than happy to share information and tips where I can.

AB

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Welcome to THP AB, man I would love to see some video of you hitting in a long ball competition. Everybody digs the long ball.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP AB! I always like having more Aussies around.

Go Footscray!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome..

Welcome to THP AB.

nice to meet you

Welcome to THP! Gotta love that firefighters schedule! leaves me plenty of time for golf!

Welcome to THP, good luck at Q school when you get there.

Hey guys, thanks for all the warm welcomes. You guys have a fantastic site and I look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully provide some interesting information and opinions.

Don't currently have any competition video available but will try and prepare something for you all in the near future.

Thanks once again for having me here and don't hesitate to contact me at any time...

AB

Buckjob: Are you a firey also?

TC: Thanks mate, I think once Aussies see what a fantastic forum this is there will be a number of us tuning in here. Great stuff THP!

Gotta say go the Bombers though TC!! :laughing:

Welcome!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP! And good luck in your quest through Q-School!

Welcome to THP AB!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome and good luck with the Q school aspirations.

Welcome to THP

Back