To play or not to play ?

farmgolf

Reaction score
Handicap
high
Hi There!

I am new to this great forum. I come from Slovenia. There are several nice golf courses in our country now, but 20 years ago there were only 2, so when I saw this new interesting sport of golf on TV , I managed to get one club and a ball, went to some open land at some farm and did my first swings :) - so the nick is explained. Later I made golf exam and took lessons with pro (some 15 years ago), played some but I was not satisfied with my progress. So some years I played 3 or 4 rounds, or just went to range, others I didn't touch golf clubs. I like to be on the golf course, but not being able to hit many good shots can be disheartening. This year it is again repeat..had some promising days at the range, so yestredays went to 18 holes. The score was .around 120 shots:banghead: I dont have problem with par 3s, I can play them in 3 to 5 shots.

Problem is with pars 4 and 5, I am happy to play 6 shots at par 4. I guess my problem is that I dont hit ball very far, probably some 130 yards with 6 iron from tee. And it gets shorter without tee.

Comparing to that my pitching, chips and putting is better.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Tons of great info here to help your game from equipment to swing tips. Best bet is to look into the threads, soak in what you can, and fire away some questions. Glad to have you.

Welcome to THP, I would venture a guess that by your registering here you have answered the question of "to play or not to play" as Mc said soak up what you can here, ask questions and get out there on the course, keep us posted on how it goes.

Welcome! I hope you continue to play as you said you enjoy being on the course. For most of us here I think there are few places we would rather be.

Welcome to THP, the answer is always PLAY, if you enjoy the game then play, as you play more your game will improve. Plus as I have always said, "a bad day at the golf course still beats a good day at the office" :D

Welcome to THP, the answer is always PLAY, if you enjoy the game then play, as you play more your game will improve. Plus as I have always said, "a bad day at the golf course still beats a good day at the office" :D

Even a better day when the golf course IS your office.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

nice to meet you

Welcome to THP!

Keep on playing man, welcome to THP

welcome to to THP

Welcome to THP!

Keep playing! dont ever quit its a great sport

Welcome to THP!

Hey buddy glad to have ya and coming from the farm you can have room to practice. Catch you a chicken, then a birdie, then a eagle. Happy Golfing :golf2:

It's great to know I'm not the only one here from Slovenia :joy:.

This is my first post here at THP and have to say that you guys are great with all your experience sharing with us HIGH HC.

For me I can only say PLAY. Two months ago I had no idea that I will be a golfer by now. Things change so fast. It was a sudden impulse (and approval from my wife ) and now I cant wait for the next time to go on a driving range or a golf course. Problem is only inconsistency of my swings or hits, since I have no golf clubs (yet). I'm still renting them on courses and that is usually a recipe for a disaster.

For all of you that don't know where Slovenia is, Google it. For all of you who think they know where it is... it's not there. We are NOT Slovakia or former Czechoslovakia. We are not even close :D And we were never in USSR.

For farmgolf: we should be :friends: get some :drinks: and play some :golf2:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! definitely play! 120 for your first eighteen isn't bad, my first eighteen holes I scored 127.

Back