Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

@Bernoulli @Tevenor @TeeJayeff
Tagging because there were discussions about doing a THP meetup @ TS. We can try to coordinate that around when you are in town for the reunion.
Turning Stone would be great. If around Syracuse area, we could also play my course (Drumlins East). Augusta it ain’t but fun course and fast greens. Where is your reunion?

Turning Stone would be great. If around Syracuse area, we could also play my course (Drumlins East). Augusta it ain’t but fun course and fast greens. Where is your reunion?
Was @ Drumlins yesterday for Easter brunch.. course looked in pretty good shape.

Was @ Drumlins yesterday for Easter brunch.. course looked in pretty good shape.
I played it Friday. Cold and windy but the fairways and greens were were in good shape.

What a week... anyone getting out? My son has 4 baseball games in 5 days and I have to be in the office as well so I have to wait to the weekend.

What a week... anyone getting out? My son has 4 baseball games in 5 days and I have to be in the office as well so I have to wait to the weekend.

I'm playing tomorrow and then again on Saturday.

I played Sunday at Drumlins. Sunny, but 40s and windy. The course is in great shape and I played surprisingly well (for me). 45, 42 with three brainless doubles. Played Saturday at Cortland CC on a reciprocal.

I played Sunday at Drumlins. Sunny, but 40s and windy. The course is in great shape and I played surprisingly well (for me). 45, 42 with three brainless doubles. Played Saturday at Cortland CC on a reciprocal.

My round here Sunday was rained out. Had heavy late Saturday through all of Sunday morning. I am scheduled to play both days this weekend.

My round here Sunday was rained out. Had heavy late Saturday through all of Sunday morning. I am scheduled to play both days this weekend.
We got spoiled by that early April heat.

We got spoiled by that early April heat.

Rain currently forecasted for both Saturday and Sunday here. Paying for that beautiful weather a couple weeks ago.

No golf for the foreseeable future as of now

IMG_4573.png

Played Erie Village Saturday... course was in decent shape but there is plenty of extended water there this time of year. Greens were fantastic. My swing is not fantastic though.

No golf for the foreseeable future as of now

View attachment 9173918

That long range forecast looks awful, :cry:. Rainy season following the early summer weather :LOL:. Not much better here about 300 miles East. It seems as if our weather will be cold wet springs with warmer drier falls. That is how it has been for the last several years. This year seems to be no different.

That long range forecast looks awful, :cry:. Rainy season following the early summer weather :LOL:. Not much better here about 300 miles East. It seems as if our weather will be cold wet springs with warmer drier falls. That is how it has been for the last several years. This year seems to be no different.
False sense of hope was kind of brutal. We already cancelled/pushed back tomorrow's league start date a week. As you said.. next week looks worse. :mad:

That’s how it’s been here the last 2 years as well. We got 2 nice days here followed by 2 weeks of rain and 40° weather😂

That’s how it’s been here the last 2 years as well. We got 2 nice days here followed by 2 weeks of rain and 40° weather

Played last on windy Saturday, Mohawk Valley Golf. My round scoring was pretty good, until I over clubbed 14 green and 3 pitched for a double. Followed by a penalty double on 15 and a penalty quad on 17. To score 48 on the back side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy and I just won a charity auction to play Crag Burn. SUPER excited as it’s been high on my bucket list the last few years.

A buddy and I just won a charity auction to play Crag Burn. SUPER excited as it’s been high on my bucket list the last few years.

Sweet!!! Still need to play there. Her really great things. Was supposed to play there for the New York State amateur series final but got rained out. Super bummed.

Congrats!

Sweet!!! Still need to play there. Her really great things. Was supposed to play there for the New York State amateur series final but got rained out. Super bummed.

Congrats!
I’m pumped for it. It’s generally considered the best course around here. I was supposed to play last year with a friend of a member but it didn’t work out

Curious who in here is going to PGA next week? I’m still up in the air.

Curious who in here is going to PGA next week? I’m still up in the air.
I’ll be at a practice round Wednesday

Back