Reaction score
Handicap
14.0 OOB
I am looking to get a new putter, since the old one just quit on me

I'm looking at, and have tested, these 3:
1. Taylormade Classics 79 Daytona
2. Odyssey Tour Black #2
3. Yes! Callie

I'm just looking for any opinions, thoughts, and/or reviews on any of these putters

2. Odyssey Tour Black #2
3. Yes! Callie

I'm just looking for any opinions, thoughts, and/or reviews on any of these putters

I tried all of those and chose the Nike Method Core 03 last week. If you havent tried it give it a look. In the end though, it comes down to personal preference and feel. A putter is a very personal thing and what works for someone else may not work for you.

I haven't tried any of these. Hopefully you will get some good recommendations on one of these three putters. Be prepared for others to tell you to try something else though, even though these are what you are interested in.

Find a way to go and roll them all and whatever else you can get your hands on if you can.

The putter is the single most personal club in the bag IMO, if you aren't absolutely comfortable with it, it'll show through on the course.

Have you done a search for reviews on these on THP? There will be great information if they were reviewed.

I haven't tried any of them. I think you need to try all three and go with the one that visually feels best to you. I think all three are great brand putters.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I tried all of those and chose the Nike Method Core 03 last week. If you havent tried it give it a look. In the end though, it comes down to personal preference and feel. A putter is a very personal thing and what works for someone else may not work for you.

By the way I am not trying to sway you one way or another, I happened to have just gone through this and after trying these 3 that you listed, as well as Seemore Si1, the rest of the Odyssey Line, the Ping Scottsdale line, I came away with the Nike Method Core 3 as being the best fit for me. Have you tried a bunch of other putters or just these 3?

2. Odyssey Tour Black #2
3. Yes! Callie

Ever tried leaving your putter outside all night in the elements? Mine usually shapes up after that.

Those are all great choices and there are hundreds of putters in that style. I'd go test as many as you can one after another and you'll be able to narrow it down. Everyone's feel and eye is different.

By the way I am not trying to sway you one way or another, I happened to have just gone through this and after trying these 3 that you listed, as well as Seemore Si1, the rest of the Odyssey Line, the Ping Scottsdale line, I came away with the Nike Method Core 3 as being the best fit for me. Have you tried a bunch of other putters or just these 3?

No, I actually tried a ton of putters: White ice, method, method core, scotty cameron, white hot, etc. These are just my favorite three out of the testings. As for the method core, I did try it, but the feel was a little to "stiff" for my taste. I like these three because they have a nice firm feel when struck in the center.

Ever tried leaving your putter outside all night in the elements? Mine usually shapes up after that.

Those are all great choices and there are hundreds of putters in that style. I'd go test as many as you can one after another and you'll be able to narrow it down. Everyone's feel and eye is different.

I did leave it out for a couple nights in a row, and it still doesn't work. It's just become a little too light for me, I think, and the feel just isn't working for me anymore (it's way too clicky)

I did leave it out for a couple nights in a row, and it still doesn't work. It's just become a little too light for me, I think, and the feel just isn't working for me anymore (it's way too clicky)

I really like my Yes! putter. I believe the c-grooves really get the ball rolling well on the green. That being said pick whatever feels most comfortable for you

I'm a fan of the tour black #2. Its got a great look and an amazing feel. The weight seems just right for me and it rolls so smooth. That would certainly be my choice out of your list, but you cant go wrong with any of them.

No, I actually tried a ton of putters: White ice, method, method core, scotty cameron, white hot, etc. These are just my favorite three out of the testings. As for the method core, I did try it, but the feel was a little to "stiff" for my taste. I like these three because they have a nice firm feel when struck in the center.

Thats awesome. Just wanted to make sure you weren't pigeon holing yourself with those 3. Glad you have tried a bunch. In the end it will be what feels best to you.

Sounds like it's time for an upgrade. Let us know the process you go through and what you ultimately end up with.

2. Odyssey Tour Black #2
3. Yes! Callie

My biggest problem with this list is the lack of SeeMore putters on it. :disapointed:

I really like my Yes! putter. I believe the c-grooves really get the ball rolling well on the green. That being said pick whatever feels most comfortable for you
How is your putter on lag putts and distance control? Because I usually need a putter with good distance control, and I have quite a few lag putt situations per round.

I'm a fan of the tour black #2. Its got a great look and an amazing feel. The weight seems just right for me and it rolls so smooth. That would certainly be my choice out of your list, but you cant go wrong with any of them.
I did like the extra weight for distance control and a smooth stroke, but I feel like it would be harder to use within 10 feet?

Thats awesome. Just wanted to make sure you weren't pigeon holing yourself with those 3. Glad you have tried a bunch. In the end it will be what feels best to you.
Thanks. I think I'll give the method core another shot, because I just tried the method recently, and I really liked it, but I don't want to spend the $250. Is the method core pretty much the same, in terms of feel and distance control/lag putting?

To all 3: What type of stroke do you have? Arc or straight back-and-through?

How is your putter on lag putts and distance control? Because I usually need a putter with good distance control, and I have quite a few lag putt situations per round.

I did like the extra weight for distance control and a smooth stroke, but I feel like it would be harder to use within 10 feet?

Thanks. I think I'll give the method core another shot, because I just tried the method recently, and I really liked it, but I don't want to spend the $250. Is the method core pretty much the same, in terms of feel and distance control/lag putting?

I absolutely loved the Method Core and I personally didnt notice a large difference between the method and the method core. I have a straight back and through stroke. But again, I am not trying to talk you in to buying something because thats what I have. Buy what works best for you. I went to the store and spent over an hour rolling everything they had there on multiple occasions and thats what I came up with.

I actually like the weight of my method when I'm close, I'm more of a charge putter and like to hit the ball into the back of the cup rather than dieing it in.

I believe all 3 of these models have a good amount of toe drop and would be best suited for an arc style putting stroke. That is what I am using.

I absolutely loved the Method Core and I personally didnt notice a large difference between the method and the method core. I have a straight back and through stroke. But again, I am not trying to talk you in to buying something because thats what I have. Buy what works best for you. I went to the store and spent over an hour rolling everything they had there on multiple occasions and thats what I came up with.

Yeah, I might be going over to the shop and re-testing the Method core again. Do you know what the weight is on the Method core, because it felt pretty light compared to the high-end heads like the Odysseys and SCs

I actually like the weight of my method when I'm close, I'm more of a charge putter and like to hit the ball into the back of the cup rather than dieing it in.

I believe all 3 of these models have a good amount of toe drop and would be best suited for an arc style putting stroke. That is what I am using.

Yeah, my biggest problem is leaving the ball short, which is why I'm leaning towards the heavier Yes! and Odyssey. How is the feel and roll on slightly off-center hits with the Odyssey? Because with the Callie and the TM, the feel was kinda harsh, but the ball still rolled well.

Yeah, I might be going over to the shop and re-testing the Method core again. Do you know what the weight is on the Method core, because it felt pretty light compared to the high-end heads like the Odysseys and SCs

342 g is the weight of the head on the Core 3 which is what I got.

I currently game the Ping Craz-E and have done so for a while, but rolled a few with a buddy's Taylor Made Ghost 880 and really liked it. If the Craz-E starts to misbehave enough that it needs a time out, I'll look heavily at the 880 for sure. Besides the white color, which helped me focus more; the weight of it is what stood out to me the most and you can even customize that more.

Unless I missed something previous, isn't the Odyssey Tour Black more expensive than the Method?

342 g is the weight of the head on the Core 3 which is what I got.
OK. That's similar to the TM, while the Yes and Odyssey are 350. Just out of curiosity, have you ever had problems leaving the ball short? Because that's my major problem outside of 12 feet

I currently game the Ping Craz-E and have done so for a while, but rolled a few with a buddy's Taylor Made Ghost 880 and really liked it. If the Craz-E starts to misbehave enough that it needs a time out, I'll look heavily at the 880 for sure. Besides the white color, which helped me focus more; the weight of it is what stood out to me the most and you can even customize that more.
Yeah, I didn't really like the white, but I do like the Pure Roll insert on it...

Yeah, my biggest problem is leaving the ball short, which is why I'm leaning towards the heavier Yes! and Odyssey. How is the feel and roll on slightly off-center hits with the Odyssey? Because with the Callie and the TM, the feel was kinda harsh, but the ball still rolled well.

I cant really comment on the odyssey's forgiveness as I havent gamed it on a real course. You might try and head over to the morgan cup callaway putters thread and get their reviews on it. I believe at least one of them (maybe One-T?) is using the tour black #2.

Back