What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine and I got picked out of a blind draw for the Wednesday night scramble tonight. He turned 60 the month after I did but he hits the ball a mile. We were smiling because both of us can hit from the senior tees. Anyways we shoot a cool 6 under par for the the nine hole two man scramble and won first place. We bogeyed the last hole (#3) which is a fairly easy par 3 hole if you don't pull the ball left. We both pulled it left. I went over the trap with a tough downhill chip and he hit into the trap. Oh well WE WON so all is well :thumb: :banana:

Back home today, blues 70.2/132, slow starting, finally started hitting it better on back. Greens slow as molasses today after Old Union yesterday. 41-36 77

Congrats to both, sounds like a lot of fun for both of you.

I broke 80 for the first time today!! Shot a 79.

IMG_1869.jpg

84 w/ 3 birdies, 6 pars, 3 bogeys, and 6 doubles (mainly due to (4) 3 putts...grrr)!!

IMG_1869.jpg

:bananadance::banana::D:blob::clapp::drinks::golf2::guitar::thumb: Congrats Keith!!!!! I knew this was coming as you have been hitting the ball too good lately!!!!! Proud of ya :thumb:

Thanks OG.

All my buddies are having record breaking scores this week! Congrats to all of you guys. Maybe it will rub off on me.

Well for only being the 12th time out this year a 98 but the last 5 rounds have been 98,95,98,87,95 so broke 100 7 out of 12, got 4 more rounds to go before I have to go back to work on 7/11 was off from 7/2 till 7/11 with PTO so it was paid and hard earned I might add.

Last edited:
Well for only being the 12th time out this year a 98 but the last 5 rounds have been 98,95,98,87,95 so broke 100 7 out of 12, got 4 more roundsto go before I have to go back to work on 7/11 was off from 7/2 till 7/11 with PTO so it was paid and hard earned I might add.

Nice round buddy, sounds like you have made the most of the few rounds so far. Glad to hear from you and hope those numbers keep dropping.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Congratulations Keith, I must say I am a little surprised that one of the best putters I know had not broken 80 before today. I am very proud of you breaking through this barrier. WTG buddy.

Last edited:
I got out for a very early 9 holes before work and I shot a 36!!! I have never wanted to go to work less this morning. I just wanted to finish the round and see what kind of score I could finish with. It is so funny when you are on because I had three putts that were 1 or 2 revolutions from being in.

After my nice round on the Par 3 Course this morning, was hoping it would carry over to my league this evening.

Ended up shooting an 80 (42/38), with 10 bogeys and 2 birdies. Missed two other birdie opportunities, and fell apart on the par 5 9th hole with a 3 putt bogey.

This is my third time in 2 weeks to shoot 80 (which is my all time low), but just cant seem to crack 80...hopefully soon.

Good shooting. You'll get into the 70s soon.

And congrats on breaking 80 SMG!

You've had a good week JC, keep it up buddy.

Played Bali Hai in Vegas from the back tees (although seemed shorter with the dry air and somewhat firm fairways) - carded a 76. Considering it's my first round since last October, I'll take it. Been hitting the range for the past couple of weeks. Haven't been practicing the short game which held up surprisingly well. Hope to get to play more often.

Good shooting Teeth.

Congratulations Keith, I must say I am a little surprised that one of the best putters I know had not broken 80 before today. I as very proud of you breaking through this barrier. WTG buddy.

Yeah DD, I am most comfortable on the green. My problem has always been getting there. :)

Shot a 73 tonight with 4 birdies, made a lot of great putts.

Played 18 before work today. We have two courses at my work and I ended up playing the front of one, then the back of the other. Shot 79 (39/40). Was happy how I scored on the front after starting with 3 bogeys (one of them a three putt), it didn't help that I didn't get to warm up. I also missed four birdie putts 10' or less. I am playing the Nike VR Pro Combos full time and am loving them. Check out the thread, there are some great reviews so far.

Men's club tonight and we could only play 4 clubs. I chose my R11 4-wood (16 degree), Ping i3 Blade 7I, Ping i3 Blade Gap Wedge, and Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach. I ended up shooting 38 and took a little money off of the other guys. Could have chipped better but overall pretty happy considering the circumstances.

Last night I had my league night and shot a 43. I had 6 pars a bogey and 2 triple bogeys. I had 14 putts hit 2fairways and 3 girs. My short game was on fire last night I hit 3 shots from just over 55 yards to 3 feet or less and that is my trouble range where I just fly the green or stub it short. Overall I'm very happy how I played and hope I can keep it up.

My last two rounds have been 40/41 (81) and then 41/44 (85). Both have been especially hard to take as my putting has cooled considerably, yet I'm making some great strokes. I'm burning the edge and two putting everything outside of 6 feet, with an occassional one that goes in, but tee to green I'm getting it done all of a sudden. If just a few of those putts would go I would consistantly be high 70's, so back to the drawing board for me.

Shot an 83. Really bad putting but I know I can only blame myself since all I did was rush. It was my fastest 18 I've ever played(2 hours) and my scoring sure seemed to show it I had maybe 3 doubles and two birides, atleast I was brought back to reality with my game.

83 at Quail West 44/39 (6606, 72.5/144). Rained the entire time. Rough was gnarly. Putter saved me with 27 putts. Two birdie putts on the back from 20 and 25, just rounded out the day. Iron striking was horrible, so my wedges and putter were working in overdrive. Any other day I would have stayed home, but it's hard to get on the course, so I suited up and played.

Shot an 81 today. Not very happy because I was hitting the ball better but the score was worse. My irons are just off the charts bad and I have no idea how it is possible to score when you hit 4 freakin greens all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back