Rory McIlroy's backyard

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
That is insane. If you watch the video in a link in that article Rory talks about how he phones the USGA asking what speed the greens are going to be for a tournament and then gets his guys to make the greens of his the same speed.

Guess I know what my next project will be! That'd be nice to have in your backyard.

That's awesome!

They should have took aerial photos to see what layout is really like.

I heard during one of the recent telecasts that he was building an out if this world practice facility, but this is incredible!

Holy sweet mother of golf greatness, that is awesome!!! I would love to have something like that in my backyard.

McIlroy Backyard Course

McIlroy Backyard Course

Video after the jump. Amazing setup with his own greenskeeper.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/14013084.stm

Sneak a peek at Rory McIlroy's backyard course

US Open champion Rory McIlroy shows a BBC NI documentary crew around his own backyard where he has golf holes which can mirror the conditions at the Open this year at Sandwich.

The documentary is to be shown on Monday on BBC One Northern Ireland at 2100 BST and has exclusive access to Rory McIlroy as he overcomes his Masters disappointment by winning the US Open.

Similar article from Yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/d..._dimension=carousel_coke_today&ysp_frm_woah=1

Merged threads.

Very impressive, how we can dream of having this in our back gardens

That's incredible!

just saw this article and was gonna post it.... thats just impressive, guess when i hit the lottery or get my first major win ill put one in lol

If I had that in my backyard, I would never go inside. I've thought about getting one of those artificial greens in my backyard, but I wouldn't know what to do if I had this kind of set up. That's awesome.

Hmm... damn. Thats awesome! I want that backyard!

Ok, now that is awesome. I'm officially jealous!

Thats the kind of effort and dedication that will ensure he is no flash in the pan. He clearly has his head screwed on. To get the greens set up to match a major prior to playing is great forethought.
Oh man, i would LOVE one of those for christmas :)

unbelievable... saw this as well... reminds of of the owner of papa johns in louisville... he has (i htink) 3 holes in his back yard and the groundskeeper for Valhalla takes care of it for him

Holy crap that is fantastic! Who says the young guns don't want to win because they already have too much money? This is his own place right? Not a home he shares with his parents?

Awesome.

That's is pretty amazing. Shows you you need a lot of money to be a superstar at this game

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I'm always amazed at these setups. Saw a video about John Smoltz whop has a multi hole layout in his backyard. Must be nice!

Sick set up but whoever took those pictures needs a new camera.

Looks pretty amazing and unlike Tiger, Rory can actually use his.

I need me some of that, wait my backyard isn't big enough

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Back