New Concept in Wedges-Check it out!

Im so glad that he told us not to give any information on the product the last 2 weeks, only to have him put it up early anyway!!!

Its a very interesting idea called Score Golf.

The press release sent to us.

Eidolon Brands, parent company of EIDOLON Golf and its patented V-SOLE wedges, today announced the introduction of a new brand, SCOR Golf, and its first product, SCOR4161. The innovative and revolutionary SCOR4161 product line totally redesigns short irons and wedges and erases the line between them. This patent-pending technology gives golfers the ability to build a precision, custom- built set of scoring clubs from 41 to 61 degrees in loft. The proprietary technology in the revolutionary SCOR4161 scoring clubs was designed to deliver improved shotmaking performance in the scoring zone so golfers of all skill levels can improve their short games and lower their scores. SCOR Golf President Terry Koehler believes SCOR 4161 will make as powerful an impact on golfers‟ performance in the scoring zone as hybrids did at the longer end of the set.

“SCOR Golf is a brand focused solely on innovative solutions to help golfers improve their performance with their scoring clubs,” said Koehler, “and we have challenged almost a century of „conventional wisdom‟ in iron and wedge design. Short irons that look like middle-irons don‟t work as well as they should, because the difference between a 6-iron and wedge is the same difference as that between a 5- iron and 3- wood. And it makes no sense for all your wedges to look alike, as the loft difference between a pitching wedge and lob wedge is the same as that between a 4-iron and driver. We all know what happened when hybrids came along – long irons have become extinct. SCOR4161 can do the same to conventional wedges and set- match short irons.”

“At SCOR Golf, we‟re keenly focused on the scoring clubs, those over 40 degrees of loft. These are very different tools from middle irons, “explained Koehler. “The result of over two years of research and testing manifests in SCOR4161, and it represents the most comprehensive package of scoring technology ever assembled. Every feature of these clubs is there to provide measurable shot making and scoring benefits for golfers of all abilities. For the first time in golf history, golfers can specifically put together just the right set of precision scoring clubs that will deliver improved trajectories and better accuracy while offering optimum forgiveness. In addition, SCOR4161 delivers better spin with the new groove geometry, along with extraordinary feel. We know that golfers will reap the benefits through lower scores.”
The new SCOR4161 line of scoring tools will be available at www.scorgolf.com by July 10, 2011, and at selected golf pro shops on beginning in mid-July. The suggested retail price for a set of five clubs is $649.

SCOR4161’s innovative features include:
SGC3 Progressive Weighting – Short Game Control x 3 – trajectory/distance/spin. This breakthrough design technology gives each clubhead its own unique weight distribution for optimum forgiveness and accuracy. The lower lofts have just the right
amount of heel/toe weighting, a thicker face and a higher center of mass to keep short iron and full wedges shots driving forward. The higher loft wedges have a progressively lower center of mass to give you ball-stopping control when you are trying to get it close. All are optimized for spin performance with new conforming grooves.

21 exact lofts for infinite precision – Only with SCOR4161 can a golfer have the exact set of scoring clubs they need, picking up after the set-match 8-iron and extending through the highest lofted wedge. SCOR doesn‟t bend clubs to get there; we make every loft from 41 to 61 degrees to allow the precise building of a matched set of 5-6 scoring clubs made for laser-like shot making and control.

Patented V-SOLE® -- This exclusive technology has earned its reputation because it handles any lie on any course . . . for any golfer. The leading portion of the sole has a high bounce to prevent digging in softer turf or on more delicate shots around the green; the main portion of the sole has a low bounce to ensure outstanding performance from tight lies and the fairway. Each V-SOLE club is like having two or three wedges of conventional specialized bounce designs.

Tru-Form-ForgedTM 8620 carbon steel – Mild carbon steel is preferred by most tour professionals but only SCOR4161 combines the precision of casting with the feel of forging. Each head is super-heated and compressed under 800 tons of forging pressure to re-align the granular structure for unprecedented feel and responsiveness.

GENIUSTM steel and graphite shafts – Shafts found on traditional wedges are too heavy and too stiff for the vast majority of golfers. SCOR‟s proprietary GENIUSTM series short game shafts, designed in conjunction with KBS Tour and UST Mamiya, allows golfers to choose from two weights of graphite or a standard weight steel shaft, each available in two or three flex options. This is the way SCOR ensures that any golfer will have optimized feel and trajectory in the scoring zone.

Custom-fit, custom-built to order – Every set of SCOR4161 scoring clubs is built specifically for the golfer who‟s going to play them. The unique “SCORFit” process
determines the exact prescription and specifications each player needs to optimize performance when in the scoring range.
Proprietary SCOR Grips - The SCOR grips, designed in conjunction with UST Mamiya, are specifically built to improve short game performance. The upper portion of the grip is a firm material with a soft cord imbedded for secure club control. The lower portion is a softer material to provide unmatched feel and touch around the greens. The pattern on the grip supports THE SCoR Method of achieving short game precision, and a copy of the book, “The SCoR Method” is complimentary with every set of SCOR4161 scoring clubs.

This is very interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it

Tap tap taparoo

Read this on the Oob site just last night. Found it very interesting. Have never tried an Eidolon wedge but have heard good things about them.

Just as I was getting ready to order a set of Eidolon wedges. Now, I'm wondering if I should wait. Maybe not.

Very interested in these. I know One-T really liked the eidelons he was playing a few weeks ago.

Hmmm, not sure what to think.

I appreciate what they are doing, don't know if I am good enough to realize the benefits. Everything is a full swing up to my GW (49*) and after that it's partial and "feel" swings. Not sure if a set up like this would benefit me or not. Not against it if it helps me shoot better!

I'm all about this thought process. My current bag setup is D, 3w, 4-GW (soon), 56, 60, 64 (soon) and putter. I've ditched the idea of a 5w/3I and would happily game a 4Hybrid and 5Hybrid if the JPXs don't work out. Because I prefer full and 3/4 swings whenever possible. I'm not saying by any means that my short game is good, but I think I can eliminate a lot of inconsistencies with another wedge.

We'll see though, I plan to take this route and if SCOR is the best way they'll likely see my business soon!

interesting idea...it'll be interesting to see if it takes off at all

Wow so cool! I can't wait to read more. Always looking for new exciting things to try.

I'm all about this thought process. My current bag setup is D, 3w, 4-GW (soon), 56, 60, 64 (soon) and putter. I've ditched the idea of a 5w/3I and would happily game a 4Hybrid and 5Hybrid if the JPXs don't work out. Because I prefer full and 3/4 swings whenever possible. I'm not saying by any means that my short game is good, but I think I can eliminate a lot of inconsistencies with another wedge.

We'll see though, I plan to take this route and if SCOR is the best way they'll likely see my business soon!

I'm with you Spaceman. I have a lot of confidence in my full swing or even three-quarter swing PW & SW shots but things get iffy after that. The SCOR system sounds like i can truly customize my gear to my strengths.

Still, I wonder if carrying four wedges may be overkill?

Ok I read the press report and the op link and I'm gonna be honest, I still don't get it? Maybe I missed something but can someone dumb it down...

Edit- Is it just you can customize the lofts...? Doesn't sound like much with how easy it is to get a pro to bend clubs for you.

So if I get this correct, We´re buying 3-P irons. Replace the 3-4 irons with hybrids. Put the "set PW" in the closet because most will never game it. Now we´re supposed to also ditch the 9-iron? Don´t get me wrong, I´m all for better feel in a golfclub but its kind of hard to buy single irons. So my question is: Where can I buy a 5,6,7,8 TM Burner 2.0?? These wedges sounds yummy

I guess the real trick would be to just pay for the clubs you actually want?

I'm pretty sure you can buy single clubs at the golf warehouse online.

I'm pretty sure you can buy single clubs at the golf warehouse online.

Maybe you can get some clubs, but not the TM 2.0.

Sure, you could probably get them separetly when they´re older, but half a set would probably not be half price.

By the way, the Eidolon wedges are on sale at kingdom59.com (a daily deal site mentioned in another thread. 4 for $230. 3 for $194. Or 2 for $138.

So if I get this correct, We´re buying 3-P irons. Replace the 3-4 irons with hybrids. Put the "set PW" in the closet because most will never game it. Now we´re supposed to also ditch the 9-iron? Don´t get me wrong, I´m all for better feel in a golfclub but its kind of hard to buy single irons. So my question is: Where can I buy a 5,6,7,8 TM Burner 2.0?? These wedges sounds yummy

I guess the real trick would be to just pay for the clubs you actually want?

You can call up any golf shop and order any TM iron you want. Divide their price by 8 and that's the per club price. That's how it works here anyway. I did not order a full 8 set of irons in my Redlines. Called up Blind9, told them what I wanted in my specs, and that was that. Did not pay full price either. If you place a static online order at a big e-tailer or buy something off the wall at a brick and mortar store, yes, you will get 8 clubs at whatever price they post.

Edit: I would think it would be even more difficult to get single irons for an older out of production model. Forget getting them to your specifications.

Maybe you can get some clubs, but not the TM 2.0.

Sure, you could probably get them separetly when they´re older, but half a set would probably not be half price.
Ha,um yes you can. Just click customize and select the irons you want.

This is honest to gawd the most exciting thing I've seen in a while. We all want drivers that smash the ball a mile, and hybrids that soar long, peak and drop like a led zeppelin. But few of us explore wedges the way we should. Between now and the 2012 outing that is my focus. I'm 99.99% sure my wedges will be Eidolon, but one never knows for sure.

This is really interesting ... I really wanna try some ... I wonder if vokey will start doing something similar to this...

sounds like a really cool idea
it would be nice if these were available to test out at least at a pro shop first though before you have to spend the money and commit to buying a set

Hmmm, I'm sure I'm in the minority but it's really not super intriguing to me. I'll look forward to reading more about it, but its not earth shattering to me personally.

Back