Please remember to get re-fitted every once in awhile

Super Tuna

You can't scale this!
Reaction score
Handicap
Evening all,

Just wanted to throw out a friendly reminder for those of us going through swing changes, be they bad or worse to check your fitting specs every once in awhile. I've done a number of changes in my swing over the past 4-6 months and the end result is an entire change to the way I play the game and what clubs I should be using.

If nothing else, see if you can jump on the Mizuno shaft optimizer every year you can be shocked at the difference.

I went from:
HEADSPEED: 82mph
TEMPO: 9
TOE DOWN: 7
KICK ANGLE: 6
RELEASE FACTOR: 9

To:
HEADSPEED: 88mph
TEMPO: 4
TOE DOWN: 4
KICK ANGLE: 3
RELEASE FACTOR: 6

This means I require an entirely different flex profile on my clubs (and changed the heads and bounce I require).

If something seems funky with your clubs, it might be. I think the GolfTec set assement is a great thing to go for a check up.

Here endith the service announcement.

This is good advise, espicially if one happens to play forged irons.

I just did one everything was dead on from last year. Only difference is my Tempo has improved 7 with only one 6..Very happy...

How much does a set assessment cost? I'm very intrigued.

How much does a set assessment cost? I'm very intrigued.

I believe a full set assessment with Golftec is $99 as standard but they seem to run deals every once in awhile where the cost is $50 or $60ish

Edit: If you haven't, Hanks review is certainly worth the read for what you can expect: http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=13801

Back