Help me coffee lovers!

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, I love coffee but at this point It is approching the 100 degree summer which is way too hot for me to drink regular coffee. I love the iced coffee drinks that they have at dunkin donuts etc... But I can't afford to drink it very often. Do any of you have a good iced coffee recipe I can use to make this sweet drink at home? If so, plz help me out and post it here. Thanks!

Ok, I love coffee but at this point It is approching the 100 degree summer which is way too hot for me to drink regular coffee. I love the iced coffee drinks that they have at dunkin donuts etc... But I can't afford to drink it very often. Do any of you have a good iced coffee recipe I can use to make this sweet drink at home? If so, plz help me out and post it here. Thanks!

Should be pretty easy. Brew your coffee and stick in a pitcher (that you don't plan to use for anything else again). You could make it really easy and just add flavored creamer. Otherwise, some half & half and sugar to taste. Get some whipped cream in a can and you are money.

Iced coffee???? Why I oughta slap you six ways to Sunday!!!!

I kid, I am just a fan of hot coffee (and not the kind that you get in GTA: San Andreas... Well, maybe a little.)

I drink hot coffee no matter what the weather. Not really a fan of any of the iced varieties, although the Starbucks frapachino is not too bad

I brew coffee the night before and place in the fridge. I also buy flavored coffee and creamer. Iced coffee all summer for the last couple of years.
My wife bought me a Kuereg (sp) last Xmas so I can brew individual iced coffee on the run if I forget to Brew a pot the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i love coffee but i have had to stop drinking it as it gives me very smelly wind :bulgy-eyes:

I'm a big coffee drinker, hot and cold love them both! I have a machine that will make from an espresso shot up to a very large cup with the press of a button. you will need flavored syrup which you can usually at the grocery store. I use the espresso shots for this recipe but I assume (hope) this will work well for just regularly brewed coffee! So in a glass with ice add half coffee,then some flavored syrup to suit your taste, fill the rest of the glass with milk of choice stir and enjoy!

Im in Florida yesterday afternoon while golfing in the heat I made the turn ...Guess what I ordered... Yes a Hot coffee...... Stick with what you love.....

I am sticking to what I love. Cold coffee in the summer :p

Maybe what I am missing is the flavored syrup Marsh5 was talking about because I tried just brewing it normally and mixing it with ice and it wasn't very good. Thanks.

Tim Hortons Iced Capp on a hot day = awesome.
I know my mom bought some mix from costco that is a just add cream + coffee + ice. Blitz your ice, add your cream, and whatever flavouring you like. It's all about getting the right proportions though. I tried doing it in a magic bullet once, and it was ok... needed a lot more coffee than the recipe to make it taste semi proper.

I am sticking to what I love. Cold coffee in the summer :p

Maybe what I am missing is the flavored syrup Marsh5 was talking about because I tried just brewing it normally and mixing it with ice and it wasn't very good. Thanks.

The brand is Torani, I am a fan of the White Chocolate, my wife prefers vanilla!!

My wife prefers the iced Via's from starbucks with flavored creamers. But what I've noticed much like as has been pointed out here a couple times is that at starbucks, they brew a pot, put it in a pitcher and put that in the fridge to cool for a while. They then fill a cup with ice, add the coffee milk, syrup to taste. You can even buy the starbucks syrups from them if you prefer their flavors.

If you can find powdered white chocolate mix it in the hot coffee then ice it. At coffee shops they just mix the flavor in a hot coffee then ice it. You can get flavors to mix in it which ever ones you prefer. I like my coffee hot personally it can be rough in 100 temps though

I really like iced coffe in the summer as well.
The 1st key is using good fresh ground coffee.
The 2nd key is to mix your flavor in while it's hot.
The 3rd key is to put it in the fridge to cool.
Add your ice after it has cooled down to fridge temp.
That way, the melting ice doesn't water it down.

Thanks for the tip Drumdog. i will have to try this method on my next batch

I'm a coffee nut too. In the summer I can get by nicely with my regular morning brew, then as the day warms up switching to sun tea. 4 lipton bags per gal works good and it is cheap too. Plenty of caffeine in tea too. If it's coffee only I've seen some creative stuff mixing cold coffee with the canned condensed milk and then chocolate, cinnamon, etc...

Coffee addiction is rampant in the United States, not to mention the world. More people than not have at least one cup per day. Maybe, that’s the reason of becoming popular of coffee makers.

Last edited:
A little video about coffee I think you'll all like!

Hey, it is supposed to get to 100 a few days this week, that means I switch over from hot black coffee to iced tea about 9:00 am instead of 11:00. Hot coffee is still good at 6:00 am even in summer!

Have you tried cold press coffee? A little more effort involved but you can make it at home w/ some planning. Basically, you let the coffee grinds soak in water overnight, then filter out the grind the next day or so.

Back