coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Please don't spam this with your anti Hip Hop Nonsense. In no particular order who are your Top 5 MC's? For me it would be:

1) Talib Kweli
2) Rakim
3) The GZA
4) Mos Def
5) Del the Funky Homosapien

Honorable Mention will Go to Lauryn Hill who is the only female MC I have ever loved to listen to.

This list could go on and on and on, but lets here your thoughts, who are your favorite MC's?

Please don't spam this with your anti Hip Hop Nonsense. In no particular order who are your Top 5 MC's? For me it would be:

1) Talib Kweli
2) Rakim
3) The GZA
4) Mos Def
5) Del the Funky Homosapien

Honorable Mention will Go to Lauryn Hill who is the only female MC I have ever loved to listen to.

This list could go on and on and on, but lets here your thoughts, who are your favorite MC's?

Black Star love on THP! love it.

Black Star love on THP! love it.

BlackStar would be in my top 5 albums of all time and I wouldn't even have to think about it.

Man now that i've been thinking about it, I kind of want to take Mos Def out of the Top 5 and put in Black Thought. Man there are just so many great MC's its hard for me to make a top 5.

My list would be the exact same except I'ld put Black Star in place of Kweli and Mos def to "cheat" and save a spot.
In the extra spot I'ld put Ozomatli. I agree that they don't belong in the top 5 but I used to live 2 blocks away from the club when they were the "house" band. Back when Jurrasic 5 was performing with them, they used to put on an amazing live show.

My list would be the exact same except I'ld put Black Star in place of Kweli and Mos def to "cheat" and save a spot.
In the extra spot I'ld put Ozomatli. I agree that they don't belong in the top 5 but I used to live 2 blocks away from the club when they were the "house" band. Back when Jurrasic 5 was performing with them, they used to put on an amazing live show.

Nice man, I love Jurrasic 5 but its hard to pick just one MC from that group. I think top 5 albums would be a good discussion aswell. For me I think it would be:

Blackstar - Mos Def and Talib Qweli
Liquid Swords - GZA
The Art of StoryTelling - Slick Rick
Illmatic - Nas
Illadelph Halflife - The Roots

And to think I thought we were talking about either Missed Cuts or Muscle Cavities. HAHA.

And to think I thought we were talking about either Missed Cuts or Muscle Cavities. HAHA.

You can if you want to, but its hard to pick your favorite missed cuts I would think.

Not sure who qualifies as a MC. Rapper? DJ?

Not sure who qualifies as a MC. Rapper? DJ?

MC stands for "master of ceremony" or the guy with the mic in his hand, so unless the dj is also rapping then is just the "rapper"

MC stands for "master of ceremony" or the guy with the mic in his hand, so unless the dj is also rapping then is just the "rapper"

May have to start a DJ thread!

Oh lord, I can get into this one.

Talib Kweli has to be number one. One of the greatest lyricists of all time, and smart as can be.
Lets go with Big Boi and Andre 3000 as number two (if a collabo is allowed). BOB was amazing.
I like old Eminem for number 3. He can straight rap better than just about anyone.
Common for number 4. He is just so smooth, doesn't get in a hurry, and his rhymes are as sharp as anybody.
Number 5, I am gonna go with The Roots. Best live Hip-Hop performance of all time.

Eminem
Talib Kweli
Dr Dre
Andre 3000
I can't think of a 5th......that anyone else would agree w/ that is

Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Nas
Jay-Z
Big Boi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notorious big
Dr dre
Tupac
Lupe fiasco
Snoop

Tap tap taparoo

In no particular order,

• Tea Sea
  • Big Z
  • Kev D OEM
  • Ad Will Ingham
  • Jake the Snake

Great Thread! I'd go with, in no particular order:

KRS-One
Talib Kweli
Ice Cube
Tupac
Rakim

And I'll put up Missy Elliot for the female MC crown.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who even knew who Talib Kweli was.

I like Dre, but he wouldn't even be in the top 20, now if it were producer we were talking, then yes... top 5, right behind RZA. Del is definitely under rated.... that said....

- Rakim
- Notorious BIG
- JayZ
- Nas
- Chuck D

Dres from black sheep
Q-tip
Snoop
Em
Jay z

Back