Clay's Official 2011 Summer Tournament Thread

Any update Clay? Or Kellybo if you've heard anything???
Hope you played well!

Not very well at all yesterday. Shot a horrible 88. Driver was all over the place. Mostly left. Just awful yesterday. Played the par 5's +8.......ugh

everybody has bad rounds and good rounds. I shot 89 and 91 recently so just keep working!

Alright guys. I'm playing in my next tournament tomorrow at Brunswick Country Club. This week I've played twice, with a 78 and an 85. I'm hitting the driver much better so hopefully we can go get em tomorrow!

Sounds like you are hitting the ball solid! Good luck with your tournament this week :golf2:

good luck, hit em straight!

Good Luck! Keep that driver in the fairway and I bet you do great!

Good luck Clay, go low!!!

Hey good luck man, I'm in the exact same position as you. Just stay focused and make sure you kill the competition. (In a good sportsmanship way of course...)

Good luck Clay! 78 is an awesome round!

I shot 81 in my tournament on Tuesday. This was a tournament best for me! Hit the irons really well and kept the driver in play as i didn't lose a ball all day. Didn't make a lot of putts for birdie. But made a lot of 5 or 6 footers for par. Shot 43 on the front with a bad kick on number 9 that led to a double after a short 3 putt on 8. I was pretty frustrated about that. But rebounded nicely to shoot 38 on the back. Missed a really tough putt on 18 (lipped it out) to shoot 80. Came in 7th out of about 30 golfers. Not to shabby!

Congratulations, Clay. Hope there is a win in ya before the summer is done.

That's fantastic, Clay! Great job on the stats, and on letting that bad break and double go. Sounds like you rebounded stronger than you were.

I can only dream to have that kind of success tomorrow in the pro-am.

Nice going Clay, I know it can be hard to regroup after a 3 jack and bad bounce on the last 2 sides on the front. You really came back strong, good things are happening in your game. Keep up the good work.

Nice going Clay, I know it can be hard to regroup after a 3 jack and bad bounce on the last 2 sides on the front. You really came back strong, good things are happening in your game. Keep up the good work.

Thanks...... It was. I had a long wait on the 10th tee and I was like, "This is a big moment. Let the past go." Then I hit a good one down the middle and hit a perfect draw just over. Hit an awesome chip and made par. Felt really good.

Great job Clay! You're gettin me excited to play tournaments lol keep the good play up!!!

Thanks...... It was. I had a long wait on the 10th tee and I was like, "This is a big moment. Let the past go." Then I hit a good one down the middle and hit a perfect draw just over. Hit an awesome chip and made par. Felt really good.

Glad you had the time on the 10th to get your thoughts together, that was a great lesson learned and one that will pay off many times in the future. As I said, keep up the good work.

nice work Clay, keep it up!

Thanks guys! I get a week off this week! But that doesn't mean I'm taking a break! Lot's of practice and playing a couple of rounds to stay fresh. I'm playing my favorite course I've ever played in The Ford Planation in a tournament a week from tomorrow. It's a fun design and really tough. Then off to Hilton Head where I get two free rounds on my vacation! There's also a range there so I'll hit that every day!

Thanks guys! I get a week off this week! But that doesn't mean I'm taking a break! Lot's of practice and playing a couple of rounds to stay fresh. I'm playing my favorite course I've ever played in The Ford Planation in a tournament a week from tomorrow. It's a fun design and really tough. Then off to Hilton Head where I get two free rounds on my vacation! There's also a range there so I'll hit that every day!

Good plan and it is always good to play a favorite course. Enjoy the HH trip.

Last tuesday I played in another tournament. I'm on my way there, and get a text from my good friend who is already at the course. Apparently they had just run the stimp, and it was running 13.2! YIKES! Anyway, I was the 1st group off, so I whipped around the course in record time. (JB time). Anyway. I posted 85. I started par-biridie on the 2 of the toughest holes on the course. I parred 3 and then stepped on 4 tee box feeling really good at -1. I hit a good iron shot, that lands in the center of the green and rolls just off the back. The pin was in the back, so I only had about a 15 footer for birdie. I rolled the putt to about 5 feet. Missed the par putt and THEN MISSED THE BOGEY PUTT. I four putted from 15 feet and walked off with 5. I finished the front with a 41. Then on the par 3's on the back, I shot +3 with 2 fat 6i's, and shot 44. So I leave the course with my 85, thinking "No way I place." Turns out, the course took it's prisoners on everyone else, and I came in T-5. The winner shot 79. SO COULDA WON! Oh well, next tournament is at my home course. Practice round tomorrow and then ready to go on Tuesday!

Way to go Clay. I can understand how you feel about the greens. Those were pretty fast. Best of luck on the next tournament.

Last tuesday I played in another tournament. I'm on my way there, and get a text from my good friend who is already at the course. Apparently they had just run the stimp, and it was running 13.2! YIKES! Anyway, I was the 1st group off, so I whipped around the course in record time. (JB time). Anyway. I posted 85. I started par-biridie on the 2 of the toughest holes on the course. I parred 3 and then stepped on 4 tee box feeling really good at -1. I hit a good iron shot, that lands in the center of the green and rolls just off the back. The pin was in the back, so I only had about a 15 footer for birdie. I rolled the putt to about 5 feet. Missed the par putt and THEN MISSED THE BOGEY PUTT. I four putted from 15 feet and walked off with 5. I finished the front with a 41. Then on the par 3's on the back, I shot +3 with 2 fat 6i's, and shot 44. So I leave the course with my 85, thinking "No way I place." Turns out, the course took it's prisoners on everyone else, and I came in T-5. The winner shot 79. SO COULDA WON! Oh well, next tournament is at my home course. Practice round tomorrow and then ready to go on Tuesday!

I wanna play in your tournament where the winner is shooting 79! I had my first tourney and the winner shot 71 (-1). I'm comin' to Georgia

Must have been a tough course if the winner was 79. Congrats and keep on playin!!

I wanna play in your tournament where the winner is shooting 79! I had my first tourney and the winner shot 71 (-1). I'm comin' to Georgia

That's normally how it is! This course was just insanely tough. Rough is almost an instant wedge out.

Back