Most stupid thing to screw up your round?

Everyone seems to mention slow play. I'm the opposite, I don't like being rushed. Having only been playing for just over a year my swing and shot/club choice is far from automatic so I need to think about it a bit. On the same note some guys I play with aren't overly bothered about lining up their putts for example, they'll just walk up and hit it towards the hole. Personally I like to try and make the putt so will actually line it up.

The grounds crew working on or near the hole I am playing.

That's a good one. I had that problem a couple weeks ago. They followed me for half my round.

That's a good one. I had that problem a couple weeks ago. They followed me for half my round.

Played a course last year where a guy on a mower followed us for 3 holes, even getting so close as to blow grass debris into our drinks in our cart when we were on the tee of #12. My buddy got so ticked off he called the clubhouse on his cell from the tee to complain about it.

This bothers me too. Why can't they start at 18 and go backwards so that nobody ever has to be bothered by them for more than 1 hole!

Ok, the worst thing has to be when your confidence gets to high after a couple of great shots and you end up shanking and duffing the next two shots to really kill the score on that hole.

Everyone seems to mention slow play. I'm the opposite, I don't like being rushed. Having only been playing for just over a year my swing and shot/club choice is far from automatic so I need to think about it a bit. On the same note some guys I play with aren't overly bothered about lining up their putts for example, they'll just walk up and hit it towards the hole. Personally I like to try and make the putt so will actually line it up.

There's a difference between being rushed and slow play.

I was 2 over through 5 yesterday (which for me is great) when the threesome infront of us that was already horribly slow caught up the even slower group in front of them. Just went right to hell. Mind you, it's 95+ out with stupid humidity. But there's something horrible about making your putt, then sitting in your cart for 9 minutes before you swing again. Then you go to your ball and wait 6 minutes before swinging. Putt out. Wait again....
Next thing I know I'm at the turn shoving hotdogs in my mouth to absorb the beer I've been over indulging, cursing out the golf gods for not getting a t time 20 minutes earlier, and wondering just how many shots the guy at 10 is gonna take off the t before he realizes he just isn't very good.

Back