Ogio Grom 2011 - organizing w/14 slots? (photos)

Hankster

Grooming the Green
Reaction score
Handicap
Just upgraded my old TaylorMade bag with an Ogio Grom 2011. I was getting frustrated with my clubs being stuck while being pulled out and placed in. So, I decided to try a 14 slot organizer. It's the new diamond shaped style slots, something I'm not used to. I've decided to go with the following organization (photos below). I have my driver/woods on the left and my irons in order starting with 3i at the top right. This allows me to have my 3i, 6i, and 9i all slotted at the far right for easy access (my three most used irons).

Anyone have experience with these? Or, want to share how they organize their clubs using this 14 slot style? The first photo isn't mine, but shows you the diamond style if you're not familiar.

The new diamond style slot system on the Ogio Grom 2011. Not my photo.
post-16215-0-80977800-1292851751_thumb.jpg

Side view. I was battling between this Grom and the Edge. In the end the Grom won, love this black/white/gray design. One of the best parts is when you're carrying this bag your water bottle and scorecard pockets are directly by your left hand!
1.JPG

Club close up. Initially, I placed my driver/woods in the center of the bag. But, it just doesn't make sense. Guess I'm just not used to this 14 slot diamond style.
2.JPG

Side view.
3.JPG

Back view. Absolutely love the zipperless ball pocket, it's perfect on the course.
4.JPG

Yeah going to 14 is a switch for sure.

I went woods and hybrid on the left, but instead have my irons in descending order to to bottom.

So, top is driver/putter/62wedge.

Bottom is 4 iron, 5 and 6. Easier to access the short irons when they're up top.

Yeah going to 14 is a switch for sure.

I went woods and hybrid on the left, but instead have my irons in descending order to to bottom.

So, top is driver/putter/62wedge.

Bottom is 4 iron, 5 and 6. Easier to access the short irons when they're up top.

Interesting idea. I may swap my irons around and see how that works out. Does make sense to have the shorter irons on top, much like having the putter up top. No question the 14 slot system is throwing me for a loop. I've read some hate it, then some love it.

It takes getting used to.

Yeah, try a few arrangements and let us know what works for you.

I had my 14 way set up perfectly for carrying, had to change it around completely when I put the bag onto a trolley though. Not really sure if a 14 way divider is a good idea or not for me

Nice Bag...I have a 14 divider currently...I keep my irons in order. Wedges in the front Lw-Sw-Gw-Pw-,etc. My woods I keep in order as well.with driver being closets to the outside.

That's a great looking bag

Tap tap taparoo

Liking the looks of that bag Hankster, I use 14 way dividers in both my stand bag and cart bag. I don't want a bag without them.

I was deciding between the exact bag you got and the Ogio Edge. I love the design of yours, but I couldnt seem to figure out the organization and I love the Woode system of the Edge and the Hoode as well. Both are awesome bags! Congrats on the new purchase!

Thanks for the replies. After messing around with it I rather like the 14 system. At first it seems too organized and constricting. But, once I realized I if you don't look at the diamond shape in the middle too much the clubs fall in line very well. I'm looking forward to hitting the course with it this week, only been to the range so far.

I put the driver where my 3w is in the 2nd pic. It was in the middle just for the pic.

IMG_3059Medium.jpg

IMG_3060Medium.jpg

Nice set-ups everyone, I have the Syncro from 2010 I believe and it has a 15 slot pattern. I have my driver and hybrids in the middle and my irons circling around them, and the putter in its own slot off to the side. It has worked great for me since I got it.

nice looking bag! I need to get me a 14-way I'm thinking. Adding this to the list to decide from.

that is one nice looking bag.

Nice set-ups everyone, I have the Syncro from 2010 I believe and it has a 15 slot pattern. I have my driver and hybrids in the middle and my irons circling around them, and the putter in its own slot off to the side. It has worked great for me since I got it.

Thanks for the photos. That's where I placed my clubs first when I got the bag home. But, I was afraid the irons would be harder to grab because I have head covers. I on the driver/woods. Sometimes those get in the way!

nice looking bag! I need to get me a 14-way I'm thinking. Adding this to the list to decide from.
It's very different from the Woode system. The 14 slot has some advantages and of course disadvantages. It's only been a day, so I haven't used it on the course yet. But, so far on the range it's been great. And, I do love the look. I'm usually not a light colored guy, most of my gear and clothes are black/gray or a shade of. The first choice was a black bag, but I really liked this gray "cameo" design.

Hank, can you give me a top view of how you place your irons? I think you may have something there. I too use covers on everything in the bag.

I gotta quit seeing pics of those 2.0 irons.....they are some sexy biotches fo' sho'!

That is one good looking bag and I really like the color scheme.

Hank, can you give me a top view of how you place your irons? I think you may have something there. I too use covers on everything in the bag.

I gotta quit seeing pics of those 2.0 irons.....they are some sexy biotches fo' sho'!

Sorry for the late reply. I've played a few rounds with this setup and I like it. The only minor issue I have is getting to the 8 iron, but it's not too bad as I don't use it that often.

clubs.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. I've played a few rounds with this setup and I like it. The only minor issue I have is getting to the 8 iron, but it's not too bad as I don't use it that often.

clubs.jpg

Thanks you Sir!

Thanks you Sir!

There's two more slots to the left of the PW, I'd stick my AW there but I'm not carrying it at the moment. To the left, from top to bottom, is my driver then 3w, then 5w.

Anyone have any more detailed feedback on the 2011/12 OGIO Grom after a full season? I have a 2007 Grom, so I understand these are not as light as "say" the SM Four5, I'm sticking with the OGIO - I have been satisfied with the product, love many of the features and they have outstanding customer service. I am debating between the 2012 OGIO Grom XX or the Ozone XX. Any feedback on carrying with regards to the straps, the legs and especially the 14 club divider that would be appreciated.

Nice set up Hank, but I notice you have them in numerical order. I have an Ogio bag with the 14 dividers and have mine in order (from front to back) of the clubs I use the most: putter (where yours is), driver, 3,5, hybrid on the right side (like you), pw, 9 , sand, gap in the middle, then 8,7,6,5 along the left side. Having the longer clubs (5 & 6 iron) in the back and shorter ones in front makes it easy to fnd and get to. Took me a couple of different trials to get to this set up but I like it.

I have had a Grom for about 3 years and it is/was the best bag I have ever owned I think. Only problem I have with it now is the zipper on one of the side pockets just stopped zipping one day this summer. I can still use the bag but the pocket is not useable as is anymore. I may try to install a magnet or something to hold it closed or just buy another bag. I was surprised that as good as the rest of the bag is that a zipper would be the first thing to go on it, usually the inside of the pocket itself will wear out first.

funny, I have two zippers broken. I think it has to do with the curves of the pockets. I was living with the lower zipper being broken as that pocket jsut held my tees. Once the valuables pocket zipper broke, it became time. Can't live without that one. My bag also was in good shape outside ot this.

Anyone have any more detailed feedback on the 2011/12 OGIO Grom after a full season? I have a 2007 Grom, so I understand these are not as light as "say" the SM Four5, I'm sticking with the OGIO - I have been satisfied with the product, love many of the features and they have outstanding customer service. I am debating between the 2012 OGIO Grom XX or the Ozone XX. Any feedback on carrying with regards to the straps, the legs and especially the 14 club divider that would be appreciated.

i have the Ozone XX 2012 won it from Ogio... i like it i previously have the Edge for years and loved it.... im waiting for the chamber to come out cause i want a cart bag and im prob gonna sell the Ozone because i still like my Edge

Back