Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...that promo is gone, from the looks of it. Looks like eBay has a brand new Maranello for $125 shipped... better go putt with it one...more...time.

And it's from a good seller HuskAir, I've bought from before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you serious? comon now

What?! Cards are awesome and they have caps in Blue. Red, and White. Also t***y has a cool baseball line. Please don't tell me you are still a Met fan

And it's from a good seller HuskAir, I've bought from before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info/feedback on the seller...I really appreciate it. I haven't completely decided what to do yet.

Well I think I've got my next iron purchased "ironed" out!

I hit almost everything they had available for demo:

Di11, Razr X and Razr X Tours, Adams CB2, Burner 2.0, Mizuno MP-58, TM TP CB, TM TP MC, CG16 and CG16tour, VR Pro Combo, Titleist AP1, R9 TP

And the winner was the TM TP CB, I loved the feel, the look and the performance was excellent, I can't believe I fell in love with them, I didn't know if I'd be good enough to hit them. But they were awesome. I go in for a fitting on monday to get my specs run down and then they'll order them up and the waiting game will begin.

I was also fitted for shafts and the top two steels were Golf Steel and Nippon, but the real winner for me was the Project X, but I can't decide between the 5.5 or 6

but the real winner for me was the Project X, but I can't decide between the 5.5 or 6

You were fitted for shafts, only one of them I would think were the ideal shaft number right?
I mean they are two pretty different shafts.

You were fitted for shafts, only one of them I would think were the ideal shaft number right?
I mean they are two pretty different shafts.

That's what I thought. But the guy said I was fitted for 5.5 but he said usually he recommends a little stiffer. I'm going back Monday.

Tapatalking on my iPad

That's what I thought. But the guy said I was fitted for 5.5 but he said usually he recommends a little stiffer. I'm going back Monday.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Hmmmm. Was there a reason he fits stiffer? PX is pretty stout. Bring down ball fight maybe?

I am thinking about the Cleveland 3 - wood 15 degree 59 gram Myazaki shaft to give my Hybrid DST 15.5 some competition :thumb:.. Being an insider has some benefits so I might have to pull the trigger.

I love my irons but I can get my hands on some Bridgestone J38 dual cavity backs w/ Nippon 950 shafts (The shaft Mizuno's optimizer says I should play.) These would be a back up set. I tried clicking on JB's review of these irons in another thread but it just pulls up the main THP page. Any body know were I can find that review?

I love my irons but I can get my hands on some Bridgestone J38 dual cavity backs w/ Nippon 950 shafts (The shaft Mizuno's optimizer says I should play.) These would be a back up set. I tried clicking on JB's review of these irons in another thread but it just pulls up the main THP page. Any body know were I can find that review?

Here you go dude.. http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=9265

I love the Bridgestone irons.. Almost bought a set instead of my MP-63s..

Thanks for the quick reply Canadian! I think I can pick these up for under $300.

I'm pondering the zpt grooves on the xft wedges. How much are they going to change my game, a lot, a little, not at all?

I'm pondering the zpt grooves on the xft wedges. How much are they going to change my game, a lot, a little, not at all?

What were you playing before? The xFT grooves even with the zpt's are pretty burly I found. Not as much as say Jaws, but more then the ones on my Scratches.

What were you playing before? The xFT grooves even with the zpt's are pretty burly I found. Not as much as say Jaws, but more then the ones on my Scratches.

Currently playing the Mizuno MPT-10 wedges which have the old grooves of course. Never played with wedges with the new grooves so it will be interesting to see.

I don't know much about the MP10's, they were too head light for me so I put them back quickly.

It'll take a bit of adjustment but you should be good. The biggest difference from old to new for me was the high hop and stop. I couldn't get the hop down to one until I used a spinner ball. But as a sweeper, I don't get a lot of spin on my wedges anyway

Currently playing the Mizuno MPT-10 wedges which have the old grooves of course. Never played with wedges with the new grooves so it will be interesting to see.

Have you tried the MP-T11 with the DG spinners shafts and new grooves.

Have you tried the MP-T11 with the DG spinners shafts and new grooves.

Yes and I liked them, but I'm kind of locked in to the Xft wedges with the ZPT faceplate.

CB, i have the 50* xFT and have been playing the ZTP conforming face plate all year and to tell you the truth i like it better than the Z non conforming face plate, it just feels like the ball comes off hotter and more predictable, the only difference in spin im seeing is from deep rough and lets face when were in that we just want to put it on the green, i really enjoy this wedge with the ZTP plate, spins very good for me.

CB, i have the 50* xFT and have been playing the ZTP conforming face plate all year and to tell you the truth i like it better than the Z non conforming face plate, it just feels like the ball comes off hotter and more predictable, the only difference in spin im seeing is from deep rough and lets face when were in that we just want to put it on the green, i really enjoy this wedge with the ZTP plate, spins very good for me.

Thanks man, I'm not too worried about it, just pondering in advance what the difference is going to be like.

I am no longer pondering the SuperTri or R9 tp 3 wood. They both felt nice for the most part, but they didn't better my driver game.

I was impressed by the 19* R11 that I hit (just grabbing clubs from the used rack)... While I won't be getting a 19* wood any time soon, I may have to go back and hit the 13*... Really smooth feel and went a LONG ways!

Hey coolbreeze how do you like your mizuno MPT-10 i was thinking about getting me a gap and sand wedge.

I'm pondering a new set of irons. I'm thinking the burner 2.0's are what I'd like to get fit for. The irons would go up for sale as would the mashies unless the lofts will be useful. Hope to go hit them this week

Tap before talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back