Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Yesterday I started a thread about whether anyone had heard from one of our forum members LefTe. He had cancer and was keeping us updated, but hadn't logged in since the beginning of February.

I did a search of his email on Facebook. He had only friended a few people there and one of them on April 3 mentioned something about a Tommy dying after a long illness. Using that name I did a search on Google and found http://deathnotices.michigan.com/view-single.php?id=261386#book.

Just talked to Golf Chick and she said yes, that is him. RIP LefTe.

Please visit it and leave a message in the guestbook.

On another note, how about making sure that others on this forum know how to get hold of you or your family in case you just disappear from the board. We really are like family here and believe it or not, we really do care about everyone here.

Sorry to hear of this. Never knew of this particular member, sad just the same.

That's a great idea Smallville. I have a chronic illness and while not acutely life threatening it will take me out sooner than later. Maybe put a private contact person option in our settings?

This truly breaks my heart. JB just told me about this and I just started to cry. He was fighting that disease with everything he had and I really thought he was going to make it. This is a very sad loss and he will not be forgotten.

He was a really positive guy, even though he had his health issues. Loved golf and I always liked to hear when he was able to get out and play. It's very sad to hear this news.

Very sad to hear, appreciated his drive and fight. Another example of how this great place brings us together. Thoughts and prayers to his family...

I do never knew this member but cancer has unfortunately been a big part of my family and any person that can go through that and fight for their life is my hero. God bless and all the best to his family.

Tap tap taparoo

RIP, LefTe.

From Thanatopsis:

So live, that when thy summons comes to join
The innumerable caravan which moves
To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
His chamber in the silent halls of death,
Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave
Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.

Man this truly sucks. I had a bad feeling when you started that thread Small. RIP LefTe. You gave it the good fight

Very cool of you to do that Smallville.

I'm sorry for his family and friends but I'm sure he'd appreciate you posting this.

very sad news. LefTe was one of the most positive and optimistic guys on the forum. Cancer is a horrible disease that seems to happen to so many great people. RIP LefTe, you will be missed.

I didn't know LefTe but like others, I know the devastation of cancer.

I'll keep a good thought for him and my condolences to his family.

Rest in Peace LefTe, my thoughts are with his family and loved ones

Very Sad....RIP lefTe..My prayers go out to his family......Thanks Smallville

I sent a message via Facebook to the person whose page I read that I mentioned above. I hope she says that I had the wrong guy, but I'm not expecting it.

RIP my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

RIP you seemed like a great guy and we will miss you

Aw man, I absolutely hate to hear this. LefTe was one of my first friends on here because of our mutual interest in hockey. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Rest in Peace, buddy.

Heart wrenching news. RIP buddy. Definitely be praying for him and his family tonight.

Sent from my Tapatalk App

RIP my man

Always so positive even when in situations we wouldn't be. You'll be missed. RIP, LefTe.

Rest well Lefte. He fought hard and was always the optimist. I am so glad that I knew him through THP. I was hoping this day would not come and he has really left a positive legacy on THP for everybody that knew him. Till another time Lefte...

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

sad to hear of this, our prayers go out to his family

That is so sad. Hate to hear anyone lost a battle with cancer.

Wow, that got this old boy to crying. I had talked to him a few times and told him I was praying for him and how much I admired his fighting it. I was hoping he was beating it. I suck so bad remembering names and it didn't even register with me when you posted about him missing smalls. R.I.P. buddy, I can only imagine the foursomes your playing with now.

Back