Too good to be true?

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Most have no issues with used golf balls.
But be very careful with golf balls that have been refinished.
The dimple pattern can be altered and you may not have any idea what you are getting.

Do NOT go refinished!!! They strip the clear coat and paint off the ball that the manufacturer applies and re-paint and re-coat it themselves. It can change the quality of the ball for the worst! I would prefer to play it just how it was made. I always go with Recycled balls in Mint condition.

That was my exact thought! Refinished means repainting, and I would think you could end up with whole dimples full of paint.

I have to admit, it's a heck of a price!

That was my exact thought! Refinished means repainting, and I would think you could end up with whole dimples full of paint.

I have to admit, it's a heck of a price!

Crazy price!!! The ones at Knetgolf are almost double!

Does anybody have any experience with this website? 3 dozen balls for less than a dollar a ball?.. It says "near mint, refininished" what exactly does that mean?

http://www.golfetail.com/p-200493-bridgestone-tour-b330-s-golf-balls-near-mint-refinished-3-dozen.aspx

I have lots of experience with the website, but I have bought clubs and apparel, not refinished balls. As the others have said, I would never buy refinished balls, you just don't know what was done to the ball nor do you know how it will perform. But in answer to the question, yes I have dealt with this website.

I do not play refinished balls. I played one for a few holes after my round today and it was not very ProV. More like MidAmV..... Shorter and low/no spin...

Back