Handicap
11.2 OOB
I overlap 2 fingers and run my index finger down the side of the shaft

Just wondering what everyone else uses

and how many practice stroke before hitting? 2 but not more than 3

I overlap 2 fingers and run my index finger down the side of the shaft

Just wondering what everyone else uses

and how many practice stroke before hitting? 2 but not more than 3

I think I kind of do the same thing, except I curl my index finger around the back of the grip slightly. I normally start behind the ball to get a good read, give two practice strokes back to back, address the ball, lean the putter forward, and putt.

My grip is very similar....I start behind the ball looking at the hole with a couple of practice strokes.....then line the face up to my target line first...slide the body in....look up at the hole once, back to the ball, then to the hole and as I come back to the ball I make the stroke.

Only once I like to find my mark. Get up on ball Aim & fire.....

I have a split hand grip. one on the top of the grip and one on the bottom, not sure why but just feels right.

Reverse overlap grip for me and two practice strokes maybe three if it's a long putt.

No practice strokes. I'm glad to see Stockton's no-practice strokes method gaining popularity on tour, too.

reverse overlap for me also. I get behind the putt. A couple of easy practice swings to get my shoulders tilting. Line up the putt. Look at the hole. Back to ball and putt.

Three practice strokes next to the ball while looking at the hole....works some of the time :D

I always have employed the 10 finger grip when putting. As far as routine, I mark my ball and with the line I have drawn on, line it up to my already selected aim point. Then I make a few practice strokes, like up the alignment line with the line on the ball, and make a nice straight back/straight through stroke. In the cup baby! (sometimes)

I line my ball up on my target line with the model of ball. Take 2 or 3 practice strokes to get a feel for the distance and then hit the putt.

I think I kind of do the same thing, except I curl my index finger around the back of the grip slightly. I normally start behind the ball to get a good read, give two practice strokes back to back, address the ball, lean the putter forward, and putt.

sounds like me, dead on!

Line it up from the back, usually a couple practice strokes from back there while looking at the hole, step up to the ball (all white on the ball facing up) with a pretty ordinary interlocking grip, two practice strokes right beside the ball, another couple looks at the hole as I'm stepping into position, forward press, and go.

I used to do the whole "line on the ball" thing to help with alignment, but it always took forever to place it just right, and I always ended up not feeling quite right about the line I picked once I stood over the putt, causing me to try and intentionally push or pull to make up for it. Not good.

I use the same grip as i do with all my other clubs. Simple interlock grip. I dont have a sure fire routine so im not sure how many practice strokes i have, perhaps if i did i would be a better putter!

Back