New Forum Driver Testing - Signup Now

I received my email too. I gave him the specs of my swing and shaft and I let him make the decision on the shaft, but I am expecting X Flex.

I chose 10*. Can't wait to test this.

Just sent my email in. I asked for the 9* with X flex. I am really excited to get to talk to Mr Boccieri. Thank you so much THP and Boccieri for this amazing opportunity!

I had my email this evening as well. Gave them all the info. I can't wait to get the call from Mr. Boccieri, and I can't wait to get started on this project!

Very exciting time guy's, can't wait to hear your results. Have fun with this!

I asked for a 9* with stiff flex. I can't wait to put a swing on it.

Would love to test any great item available. Regards, PDR

Awesome news guys, cant wait till the reviews start rolling in, very awesome you get to talk to Mr. Boccieri. Just a idea that might be cool, not sure if you want to do it or not but here it goes, if one of you have a voice recorder you could record the conversation and post it here for all the great members to hear, as long as he wouldnt mind of course, wouldnt want to tape him with out his permission

Yep, I went ahead and sent my reply off. I had a hard time deciding on loft and shaft flex. I went ahead with stiff, because I have a regular graphite shaft in my 3 wood, and it flexes so much that it has half the launch angle and trajectory as my 9.5 degree driver. I chose the 10* loft of the driver because I was actually afraid of hitting too low. My driver is 9.5 degree, but it's also High Trajectory with weighting in the bottom. For the first time, mostly thanks to THP, I swallowed my pride and went with the loft that I thought I'd play better with.

I'm so excited to test this driver out. I can hardly wait.

What's the pride issue with playing a 10*? Tour players play them. I think DJ played a 10.5 or 11 for a while iirc.

What's the pride issue with playing a 10*? Tour players play them. I think DJ played a 10.5 or 11 for a while iirc.

Yes, and I wouldn't have known that without being part of THP. I used to be, pretty much until this year, that guy who wanted to hit what the pros hit, believing 8 degrees to be the ultimate in drivers. I've been reading more and more about 10.5* drivers and finally convinced myself that I need to play what will do best for me now, in the present. There have been a lot of changes in my mental thinking this year of doing what is right for my game, not what is right for 'the pros.'

I did the same and nothing here yet either.

they told me it'd be this week, and they're trying to work up a schedule of calls.

I can tell you guys they shipped the drivers (well atleast mine) already. I know because yesterday I happened to be going through my sent emails for another reason. And I realized I sent them the wrong address. Got a reply this morning from them that it's been sent already and that they have notified FedEx already about the address change.

Driver test

Driver test

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade tour burner
2. What is your driver swing speed? Last time I checked 103
3. What is your biggest weakness off the tee? Inconsistency
4. What loft do you prefer in your driver? 9.5
5. What is your launch (low, mid, high)?high

I can tell you guys they shipped the drivers (well atleast mine) already. I know because yesterday I happened to be going through my sent emails for another reason. And I realized I sent them the wrong address. Got a reply this morning from them that it's been sent already and that they have notified FedEx already about the address change.

That is awesome news!!! Cant wait to get mine out on the course!

I would be one happy guy to get mine today if at all possible. Otherwise, no big deal. I can get to the range or course any day this week except tomorrow.

I'm like a kid at 3am on Christmas morning. It's only a short time before I can open presents, but it seems so far away.

I can't wait for you guys to get these and see what you think of them.

1. What driver do you currently play? Taylormade tour burner
2. What is your driver swing speed? Last time I checked 103
3. What is your biggest weakness off the tee? Inconsistency
4. What loft do you prefer in your driver? 9.5
5. What is your launch (low, mid, high)?high

You are a little late on this one. The testers have already been chosen. You can see that in the first post if you read through it again.

I'm playing 18 holes with a buddy around 2:00. It'd be amazing if my driver came before that! I'm so glad to hear it has shipped - exciting stuff.

Ugh. Now I'll be anxiously awaiting a FedEx truck every 3.3 seconds. THANKS A LOT.

Holy poop. I kid you not - a FedEx van just pulled up.

Alright, now this is just freaking creepy.

The van pulled up literally two minutes after I posted about it. And guess what?

MY DRIVER IS HERE! Crazy timing. Pics soon.

Back