Mcilroy driver shaft

Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
The rombax 7v05........ So anyone seen these on sale anywhere as I kneed one but can't find one on sale
Old graphics would be nice but not necessary (move thread if in wrong place,I'm new btw)
Ta

The rombax 7v05........ So anyone seen these on sale anywhere as I kneed one but can't find one on sale
Old graphics would be nice but not necessary (move thread if in wrong place,I'm new btw)
Ta

Were you fit for this shaft or just want one for whatever reason?

Were you fit for this shaft or just want one for whatever reason?

+1. Welcome to the forum. It just seems odd that you need the shaft that one of the best players on earth needs.

+1. Welcome to the forum. It just seems odd that you need the shaft that one of the best players on earth needs.

Why is it odd? Know how many people rushed out to get a whiteboard
:alien:

--
tapatalk

I do know of another forum where no one gets fit and they only play what the pro's play. I'm sure half the members there have that shaft just sitting around waiting on the next victim.
:D

Alright, here is my 2 cents.

You almost certainly do NOT need this shaft. Reading your other thread, your swing characteristics are NOTHING like McIlroys. He swings well into the 110 MPH range-- you do not. That shaft is designed for player LIKE him, not players whose swings LOOK LIKE his. My swing looks a lot like JB Holmes, but that does not mean I need the XXXXXX Stiff low launch, low spin telephone pole he is swinging.

but to answer your question you should probably just check ebay or a golf store and have them order one

okay, lets give the NEW GUY a break.....

as much as everything you guys are saying makes sense; at some point in our golf careers, we have purchased a shaft, club, putter, etc. that we surely were not fitted for. If he wants to get the shaft, let him. Then when he realizes its not for him, someone on here with the swing characteristics of McIlroy will be able to take advantage of him putting that shaft up for sale. But I don't think we should haggle him about it. Don't you think he knows if this shaft is for him or not...

BTW....welcome to THP, Gezer. All of the comments are not to insult you, just to keep you from going down the same road plenty of us have taken. Learn from others mistakes, as well as your own.

as much as everything you guys are saying makes sense; at some point in our golf careers, we have purchased a shaft, club, putter, etc. that we surely were not fitted for. If he wants to get the shaft, let him. Then when he realizes its not for him, someone on here with the swing characteristics of McIlroy will be able to take advantage of him putting that shaft up for sale. But I don't think we should haggle him about it. Don't you think he knows if this shaft is for him or not...

BTW....welcome to THP, Gezer. All of the comments are not to insult you, just to keep you from going down the same road plenty of us have taken. Learn from others mistakes, as well as your own.

Well said, and one does not need to look past many many many driver and ball purchases to see that.

Why is it odd? Know how many people rushed out to get a whiteboard
:alien:

--
tapatalk

I don't know why the Whiteboard/Blueboard got so popular. Can you fill me in?

Also I have no idea where you (OP) can find that shaft but check ebay.

Great post.

I had the purest of intentions with my post Gezer, I just don't want you to sink A LOT of money into something that is not best for you,

Tiger used them.
I don't know why the Whiteboard/Blueboard got so popular. Can you fill me in?

Also I have no idea where you (OP) can find that shaft but check ebay.

I am a big Rory fan as well as Adam Scott... Can't deny that I looked at the Titleist 910 because of those 2, but get the right shaft for you. I got the ProForce V2 76 gram so I kind of look like Adam Scott except 5'7" 185 and balding. However, Scott has the same shaft in an 80something gram shaft.

Welcome to THP and hopefully you are happy with either the RORY shaft or YOUR shaft.

It's cool to own the same gear as pros' do, but not beneficial to your game...
I highly doubt that your 88mph swing is gonna work with such a stiff shaft. You will be hurting your game, not helping it.
To give you an example, I'm in the 100-105mph swing speed (many hits on a launch monitor, including actually hitting one) and I was fit into a stiff shaft because of my speed/tempo, otherwise a regular shaft whips around and the ball just goes anywhere but forward.
The best thing you can do is get in front of a monitor and get fit for a shaft that suits your game.

on ebay, go to sporting goods, golf, then clubmaking products and type in 7v05 or whatever it is. thats pretty much the only place you will find one. my add in would be, you have to find confidence in yourself and what you play, not try to emulate rory's specs. he got to where he is playing stuff fitted to him, and you should ultimately try to reach your goals using what is fitted to you. good luck!

I hope that you buy the shaft and enjoy your time with it.

I think you're nuts for even thinking about buying one. If you needed to have this shaft, you would know where to get one, or already have one. If you WANT one, more power to you.

I hope that you buy the shaft and enjoy your time with it.

I think you're nuts for even thinking about buying one. If you needed to have this shaft, you would know where to get one, or already have one. If you WANT one, more power to you.

That's preposterous! I need a lot of things that I have no idea where to get :alien:

It is a nice looking shaft though :)

I just started thinking of Michael Scott. No idea why.

“I am Michael, and I am part English, Irish, German, and Scottish, sort of a virtual United Nations.”

Hi guys didn't see this thread since posting it up and finding guys telling me good advice

To start off I just wanted to know anywhere that stock it (a's I been on eBay uk with no good results)
A's I'm sure the fitter where im going certainly won't have this shaft
If my swing speed and everything look and are close or spot on I can then just look on here for the links of where to buy the shaft

Secondly (not aggressive but..) how do you know that my swing isn't 110mph or more or that it won't be exactly like Mcilroys swing speed .
But one things for sure it won't be the same as I'm shorter (might be same swing but I can't go as low as he goes,

Thirdly a lot of people try shafts without getting fitted and still have a shaft that might be perfect for them (no place to go get fitted etc.)

Thanks for the advice guys but please only links of places
Thanks

If I'm being honest, this really isn't the place if you're just looking for a link to buy a product, that's what Google is for. Have a bit of patience with people trying to save you some money by sharing their experiences.

Back