Forum Testing - Yonex EZONE Hybrid

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? TM Rescues 19* and 25*. I also have a #1 Mashie, but were not currently on talking terms.
2. What is your handicap index? 13
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I like to pick the ball rather than sweep, beyond that just good distance with a high flight.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? I have to be honest, I know nothing of their equipment at this point.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Put it through the paces on course and range. I play about 3 times a week or more and write about anything I'm testing after each round played. I'm very active here posting everyday, even when working I check in multiple times per day.

The buzz that Yonex created at the outing has me intrigued with this test. I have a couple Mashies, and when I hit them well, I kill 'em. When I don't hit them well, things go downhill quickly. Certainly not the fault of the club but I'd love to find out that, and other things, for myself and everyone else!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? 20 and 24 degree Rescue Wood
2. What is your handicap index? 23 on OOB
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? I'd like to be able look down at the club and feel confident that I can use the club from either the fairway or in the deep rough. The Swiss Army golf club. Performance wise, the club would need to be forgiving but still be able to consistently go around 200 yds.
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Yonex always seemed to be a niche player in the US. Good quality but hard to find. My 1st driver when I started golfing was a 220/230 cc. I got the club in the late 90's and it was already a few years old. So I have some good memories of my Yonex 1 wood. Recently, they seem to be making a push into the US market.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I go to the range twice a week to work on what ails me. I play 9 holes on a Wed night weekly league and usually go out on weekends to 18. I'm fairly new to the THP group but have been very impressed w/ the reviews, general golf knowledge, and like minded folks on the site. I plan to be a long time member and have signed up for 2012 Outing and Demo at Grand Cypress.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I am feeling a bit obsessed. I am anxious and hoping I get to be a tester of the EZONE. Send me an EMAIL! I hope to test the Yonex, though I Yawn as I type this. I hope that the hybrid is a good mix of distance and control. Come on guys!

Awesome opportunity for whomever is selected to test. If I am selected I am heading to the airport shortly and will be on a 7 day cruise, so I will not be able to respond until either Thurs, when we are in Peurto Rico, or Sunday (26th) when we are back in Miami. I just do not want to miss out because I am out of the loop for a few days. Cheers and thanks for the chance to try these great clubs!

2Iron was not my friend today. Send me the EZONE, it might be the technological fix I need.

still cant believe that there no excitment about this. what if its the best hybrid ever made? how will you know if you dont try it? come on people get ya names down!!

I think there is quite a lot of excitement now in this thread.

Looking forward to the reviews :D

still cant believe that there no excitment about this. what if its the best hybrid ever made? how will you know if you dont try it? come on people get ya names down!!

have you read the yonex demo day thread? Tons of excitment over this hybrid

yes which is why i thought there would be more sign ups.

its already 16 pages long only after 5 or 6 days lol, there is quite a few i think

its already 16 pages long only after 5 or 6 days lol, there is quite a few i think

I think a few of these 16 pages are banter about why there aren't more signups. From what it looks like, I think that there are plenty of entries. This testing isn't as sexy as the Nike Pro Combos, but I do believe that the results will be very enlightening.

To those that were lucky enough to attend the outing this testing is every bit as sexy as the Nike one. IMO this hybrid is even better than the beloved Mashie. This is a fantastic opportunity

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? The Titleist 585H, just picked up a Mashie M4.
2. What is your handicap index? 23
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Compact head, square face, feel off face
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Ryo plays them and plays them pretty good!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play and practice as much as I can considering I have a wife and three kids under 10 but they know my extra jobs revolve around golf. THP is one of 3 forums I go to get my golf fix I post occasionally when I can give an opinion.

This is an awesome opportunity for sure. I know it's kind of late, but it would be great if I do get selected.

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Mashie M3 stiff, TM Raylor
2. What is your handicap index? 15
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? Forgiveness, turf interaction especially in the rough, length and height of ball flight
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Actually, I bought my wife a complete set of Yonex Nanospeeds about 6 years ago. They are still awesome clubs. If only the shaft was men's stiff or regular, I would put it in play. I believe her clubs preceded Callaway's Fusion Technology in the irons, but to this day I still think the Yonex heads feel better.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? First of all, I am in THP almost everyday reading all the posts. I would love to post more and some of you are great writers! I go to the range about three times a week and try to put in a round of golf every week so I know the club will be thoroughly tested. I've owned a number of hybrids including Adams Idea Black and Cobra Baffler so I do have good basis for comparison.

Thank you THP and Yonex for a great opportunity, and I hope Yonex comes back the U.S. successfully. And whoever gets the chosen, I will be reading closely.

look at the nike combo and the burner 2 irons. i honestly thought people would want to test this club with it being a less known/ prefurred make.

look at the nike combo and the burner 2 irons. i honestly thought people would want to test this club with it being a less known/ prefurred make.

they are for a full set of irons though, that will make a difference although it shouldn't do

if thats the case they should be ashamed! in my eyes there after shiney new clubs not a chance to test new products and give feedback and help to others imo

To those that were lucky enough to attend the outing this testing is every bit as sexy as the Nike one. IMO this hybrid is even better than the beloved Mashie. This is a fantastic opportunity

The more you guys keep comparing this to the Mashie, the more I want to test this out. Definitely gonna be on my list the next time I head into the city to hit some new clubs - if I'm not lucky enough to test one here.

Another great round of testing!!!

1. What hybrid(s) do you currently play? Hibore XLi
2. What is your handicap index? 11.5
3. What do you look for in a hybrid? High ball flight, medium sized head..something in between my fairway metals and irons
4. What are your thoughts on Yonex golf equipment? Really, no preconceived notions about them at all. I've never had a chance to play them or hit any of their gear.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Practice range at least once a week, league once a week, and usually a round on the weekend. This hybrid would get a solid testing as new hybrids are in my future and will be compared against the several that I have narrowed it down to already. Almost a year on THP and I read a lot more than I post. Post usually when I have something to contribute!

Thanks for another opportunity to test a product!

I agree 100% chunky, i think some think its not because its not a set of irons, sad but true. I cant wait to see the reviews on this, demo day reviews got me excited about this hybrid

I will be supportive of the testers when chosen and will ask questions if I have any but when a round of testing is announced and it's RH only, I thank the company for participating and typically move on. I'm sure there's other who do the same, hence the less buzz in this thread. I saw tons of guys creaming this hybrid at the outing and it appears to be the real deal.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I will be supportive of the testers when chosen and will ask questions if I have any but when a round of testing is announced and it's RH only, I thank the company for participating and typically move on. I'm sure there's other who do the same, hence the less buzz in this thread. I saw tons of guys creaming this hybrid at the outing and it appears to be the real deal.

Its sad but true TC, but a company that does not make anything lefty does not hold my attention as there is really no point for my golf game. I always thank the company for the testing opportunity, as that is great, but I will rarely check in on the testing thread, as it really means nothing to me.

Its sad but true TC, but a company that does not make anything lefty does not hold my attention as there is really no point for my golf game. I always thank the company for the testing opportunity, as that is great, but I will rarely check in on the testing thread, as it really means nothing to me.

I can understand that. I still like to read others thoughts, even if I might not comment. Like you, a company that has nothing for me typically gets a minimal amount of my attention.

Back