3w and Hybrid Shaft Flex

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I went to Dick's yesterday to check out shoes with my brother and I decided to hit the Diablo Octane 3w while I was there. I know at times the monitor can be juiced so I'm taking the numbers with a grain of salt until I'm able to get fit properly.

My ball speed was average 153 and unfortunately I wasn't able to get swing speed. They taped up the head with black tape so I'm not sure how that effects it either.

My question is the associate recommended I go in an X Flex with a low/mid kick and I was wondering if that sounds about right? Also, since Ill be choosing flexes in hybrids, do you all normally go with the same flex in hybrid shafts as well?

If you need any other info, Ill try the best I can to provide it.

Wish I could help Yoccos. If I were you I would get some solid data before you pull the trigger. I have the same flexes in everything but driver that plays between R and S. Everything else is Reg.

Yoccos, without the rest of the numbers it would be tough to fit.
I would tell you that when I saw you at the outing, I would have pegged firmly in stiff if we are speaking of the Callaway line for the Morgan Cup.
But a lot will have to do with which shaft.

Yeah, I need to go back to Callaway. Hopefully they have all the driver shafts.

Wish I could help Yoccos. If I were you I would get some solid data before you pull the trigger. I have the same flexes in everything but driver that plays between R and S. Everything else is Reg.

Thanks JB. I figured it would be tough but worth a shot to throw out there. We just got talking equipment and I lost track of getting the numbers down. I was hoping you'd chime in too because you saw my all my numbers.

I will definitely hit up my tour rep soon and get their input more than I did on my first selection. I want to be able to ask to hit specific shafts at the fitting just in case I have that choice for it. I think the fittings make me the most nervous out of anything.

Yoccos, without the rest of the numbers it would be tough to fit.
I would tell you that when I saw you at the outing, I would have pegged firmly in stiff if we are speaking of the Callaway line for the Morgan Cup.
But a lot will have to do with which shaft.

Thanks JB. I figured it would be tough but worth a shot to throw out there. We just got talking equipment and I lost track of getting the numbers down. I was hoping you'd chime in too because you saw my all my numbers.

I will definitely hit up my tour rep soon and get their input more than I did on my first selection. I want to be able to ask to hit specific shafts at the fitting just in case I have that choice for it. I think the fittings make me the most nervous out of anything.

I will be consulting our Tour Rep as well when it comes to selections. I'm with you when it comes to shaft fittings. I hope we are able to find out what is available before I get my fitting done. If not, I am just going to work off of what I see on their website.

I feel bad bugging them but I always feel like I make the wrong first choice. I did that with my old CG7 BP's as well.

Tons of shafts on the Callaway website which is what really got me thinking even more.

I will be consulting our Tour Rep as well when it comes to selections. I'm with you when it comes to shaft fittings. I hope we are able to find out what is available before I get my fitting done. If not, I am just going to work off of what I see on their website.

I feel bad bugging them but I always feel like I make the wrong first choice. I did that with my old CG7 BP's as well.

Tons of shafts on the Callaway website which is what really got me thinking even more.

yeah they have plenty to choose from. Like you, I don't want to choose one that doesn't work for me.

I went to Dick's yesterday to check out shoes with my brother and I decided to hit the Diablo Octane 3w while I was there. I know at times the monitor can be juiced so I'm taking the numbers with a grain of salt until I'm able to get fit properly.

My ball speed was average 153 and unfortunately I wasn't able to get swing speed. They taped up the head with black tape so I'm not sure how that effects it either.

My question is the associate recommended I go in an X Flex with a low/mid kick and I was wondering if that sounds about right? Also, since Ill be choosing flexes in hybrids, do you all normally go with the same flex in hybrid shafts as well?

If you need any other info, Ill try the best I can to provide it.

Ball speed of 153 with a 3-wood would probably put you in the neighborhood of 105 mph club head speed with the 3-wood. If you had a really quick transition, you could maybe go with an X-flex, but with a smoother transition S-flex probably makes more sense. Of course, JB has seen you swing, so JB's advice sounds good as well.

Back