Official NBA Thread

Congratulations to the Mavs especially Dirk, Kidd, Terry and Coach Rick. The team with the character and the will won it all.

The Mavs had this series from the middle of game 2 on. That was how long it took the Mavs to figure the Heat out and even though the Heat won game 3 they were never really in the series from the middle of game 2 on.

Make no mistake, the Mavs won this series more than the Heat lost it. This formula was always there waiting for a team to implement it.

One thing that really befuddled the Heat was Kidd running the offense while Barea hit 3's and drove and finished. That offense almost always yielded the same result. Either Barea hit a 3 or drove and finished or the Mavs passed the ball getting either Terry or Dirk a good open look. If that did not work out then Dirk was almost always there making some awesome clutch shots to bail them out.

The Heat never even mustered up a finishing run at the Mavs. They simply crumbled in the face of the defensive and offensive pressure from the Mavs. At the end they could not stop the Mavs from scoring and could not score themselves settling finally for a bunch of crummy 3 point shots going down the stretch until it was finally over. As for James performance in game 6, that was about as much of a no show as I have ever seen when you consider his athletic talents.

As for the Heat they are left now where I thought they might be left.....I am not at all sure this team can be kept together long enough to truly be a championship contender. They simply do not know how to win and that will not just magically show up for them. it took them long enough just to figure out how to play reasonably well together and in reality it was their individual athletic abilities that accounted for most of what success they had more than anything else.

As for King James at the post game press conference, I wish that was out of character because I just cannot believe he is incapable of understanding how foolish he sounds up there. Everything about him screams "I am never going to have what it takes to really win a championship and don't even have what it takes to learn how to do it."

Just thought I'd post my photo with Jason Kidd when my wife and I met him a few years back. Great guy, now an NBA champion!

There are some women that would strongly disagree with that.

I would like to thank LeBrayne for giving me someone to root for and someone to root against in a sports event for the first time in quite some time.
I would like to thank a poster or two for making this thread borderline interesting (like a car crash you cant look away from)...hehe, I kid....Kind of.
Another season is done and another year that I move further into not enjoying the NBA because of the game it has become and the people playing it.

a6898a2d-f48e-b172.jpg

Jzier139 - that's some funny stuff right there - good one!!!

There are some women that would strongly disagree with that.

Hahaha. I was going to post this, but decided against it. Haha

According to LeBron, I'm sitting here living my same life full of LeHate while he goes about his awesome life of being the King of Souf Beach

According to LeBron, I'm sitting here living my same life full of LeHate while he goes about his awesome life of being the King of Souf Beach

That was the most classless quote he could have possibly given. He just seems to be oblivious to saying the right things. You would hope this experience would humble him, but let's be honest, nothing will ever humble this guy. I can't even imagine how horrible it will become once he does get himself a ring (or someone else gets him a ring most likely).

he really does....ever since he fired his original agent and hooked up with his boys his PR has been woeful at best. At some point I'm sure Nike will step in say 'dude, wtf?'

That was the most classless quote he could have possibly given. He just seems to be oblivious to saying the right things. You would hope this experience would humble him, but let's be honest, nothing will ever humble this guy. I can't even imagine how horrible it will become once he does get himself a ring (or someone else gets him a ring most likely).

I am so proud of the Mavericks. Heat fan or not, you have to respect the fact that the Mavericks did it the right way and there isnt a more deserving bunch then Kidd, Nowitzki, Marion, and Terry.

define 'the right way?' for a long time Cuban tried to buy a championship by amassing FA's just like other teams have

I am so proud of the Mavericks. Heat fan or not, you have to respect the fact that the Mavericks did it the right way and there isnt a more deserving bunch then Kidd, Nowitzki, Marion, and Terry.

Had to catch on this thread and whoa! Congrats to the Mavs and boo effing hoo to LeBurnt. Seriously, I think Miami will win a couple of titles eventually. I got this sneaking suspicion that Erik Spoelstra is adios amigo and either Riles or maybe even Phil Jackson (hurts me to say that, but it does fit his MO) might take over the reigns.

JJ, you.are.awesome.

Congrats to Dallas they certainly showed they were the better team. They just seemed to get better series after series in the playoffs. A far cry from past Dallas teams. I am glad for both Dirt and Jason Kidd as each has gone through a lot to get there. I thought if the hadn't won they would never get a chance again. Now I am not all that sure. They finally found how to play defense and that is what wins in the playoffs. Do you hear that Lakers.

It is a team game, the Heat had 3 of the 4 best players in the series but the Mavericks had 7 of the 10 best players and it showed. Great win for the Mavericks, congratulations to them.

Congrats to Dallas and Mark Cuban. Also I'm just going to throw this out there, but depending on the collective bargaining, I think Miami will make some changes and add some more pieces and be back to the finals next year.

I saw Marc Cuban tweeted "this may seem weird. I'm in bed. With the trophy."

Haha live it up Marc you earned it.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

good thing it's not the Stanley Cup....just saying

When can we start discussing how lame this years draft class is?

Good thing it's not Lebrons girlfriend or mom.

Great pic here. Unless you're lebron.

1b91b952.jpg

I think I might have one of the rare ones rooting for the heat. Yeah I'm irrational. But congrats to the Mavs for sure. They earned this one and its always nice to see dudes like Nowitzki, Terry, Kidd, even Carslise get a ring.

Here's to hoping my Nuggets actually show up in the playoffs next year. Great team play but ran into the Buzzsaw that was OKC in the first round and the Nuggs really weren't ready for the Playoffs yet.

Back