Nike VR Pro Wedges

Good review, the x3x grooves look nice. The black oxide finish is a nice touch and it'll rust over time only adding more spin.

I'm pretty sure rust does not add spin

I'm pretty sure rust does not add spin

ya it doesnt, only cuts down on the glare, ive had plenty of rusted wedges and couldnt tell a difference

i really like these wedges... but $120 is a steep price , i rather get a couple raounds in lol... if i could find then cheaper i like to give them a go

ya it doesnt, only cuts down on the glare, ive had plenty of rusted wedges and couldnt tell a difference

I guess the Nike rep at the demo day was bsing me then, good thing I didn't bite the bullet and bought some wedges that day.

I guess the Nike rep at the demo day was bsing me then, good thing I didn't bite the bullet and bought some wedges that day.

Wouldn't worry too much about it, that's a debate that has been going on for years. As far as I understand, there's no science to back up the claims that rust adds spin. It's too soft to have an effect.

Rust or not Raphael they are some of the best wedges out right now IMO

Rust or not Raphael they are some of the best wedges out right now IMO

I know they're good wedges, I just bought a 52 and 56 of the old VR forged ones at a Sports Authority when they had that 2 for $110 deal on select wedges so I'm sticking with them for now. So far, I'm liking them, if only they didn't like to eat up ball covers so much.

Ordering 52* and 56*. Friend of mine is getting them for me for $105/ea custom fitted. What bounce do you guys like. I have the VR forged 52 & 56, both are 10*. I want more in the 56, thinking 12 or 14

its just another line to try and sell ya a wedge IMO, they are great wedges from everything i have read. i really like the rust look since it eleminates the glare but when i played them(rusted wedges) there was no noticable difference in spin.

I just got mine out to a short game area yesterday for awhile... I was only able to go up to half shots due to lack of space in the short game area. I think they play a lot like my old Vr's... great feel, I was able to control trajectory, good spin. So far they don't chew up balls (currently playing 20XI-X) as much as my old Vr's on similiar shots, but I also feel like I don't get as much spin (which I was looking for). And again I still haven't hit a bunch of full shots with them yet... I should also note that I'm more of a 'sweeper' even with my wedges and if you guys are big diggers you may have different results.

I have a skins game going on tomorrow so I'll report back on Monday with some more updates.

Sorry guys... It rained pretty hard last night and today and the course was really wet so I didn't get a great test of these wedges. Distance was consistant and predictable... hard to comment on on spin/scuffing on the ball and feel around the greens because of the conditions. I plan on getting 27-36 in on Friday... I'll report back on Saturday for those who are interested.

Thanks for the updates - I'm interested to hear how you're getting on with these. Definitely on my radar, as I'm struggling a bit from the fairway around 60-100 yds with my current wedges.

I had a decent round with the new 56* yesterday. I really dominated with it around the green. I think it saved me a ton and gave me some opportunities for some 1 putts. My biggest struggle with it is over 50 yds out with it. I just could not get the distance down and my accuracy sucked. I think when you are within 100 yds, you should be pin seeking and setting your self up for a one putt. This just didn't happen yesterday. I need to get to a range to practice these shots. I hope that when the 52* comes in, it will help out in some of these longer distances. I still love the feel of the club around the green. It definitely does an awesome job performing there. The short shot feel is just awesome. I can almost tell you where the ball is going to go every time.

Do you think it's an issue with the wedge itself in your hands? ie Is the weighting off to what you're used to? Is it just the distance control you're struggling with, or is accuracy a struggle too?

Do you think it's an issue with the wedge itself in your hands? ie Is the weighting off to what you're used to? Is it just the distance control you're struggling with, or is accuracy a struggle too?

It is distance and accuracy from 50 out. I just can't seem to put the full swing together. I don't think it is a weighting thing or even the club. I think that is just an area that I need to work on. My range I go to regularly doesn't have anything to aim at for those distances. I think I am going to try and find another one that has a better short game area.

It is distance and accuracy from 50 out. I just can't seem to put the full swing together. I don't think it is a weighting thing or even the club. I think that is just an area that I need to work on. My range I go to regularly doesn't have anything to aim at for those distances. I think I am going to try and find another one that has a better short game area.

Thanks. Just wondering as I seem to have a problem with my current wedges from this sort of distance, and I'm convinced it's down to the clubs (isn't it always? :wink:)

Thanks. Just wondering as I seem to have a problem with my current wedges from this sort of distance, and I'm convinced it's down to the clubs (isn't it always? :wink:)

Those distances is why I ordered a 52*. I really hope it is going to be the answer to my problems. I just can't seem to hit over 70 yds with a 56*. I don't know why my friends can do it and not me. I just accept it and buy new clubs to fix it. :act-up:

Those distances is why I ordered a 52*. I really hope it is going to be the answer to my problems. I just can't seem to hit over 70 yds with a 56*. I don't know why my friends can do it and not me. I just accept it and buy new clubs to fix it. :act-up:

I hear that. That sounds exactly like the problem I have with my wedges, whereas I could hit my old 52 right about 100-110 on the nose every time. That consistency means a lot from those distances. Hope that a bit more practice with them dials it in for you.

I hear that. That sounds exactly like the problem I have with my wedges, whereas I could hit my old 52 right about 100-110 on the nose every time. That consistency means a lot from those distances. Hope that a bit more practice with them dials it in for you.

Yeah man. It just pisses you off when you have a great drive that puts you 90 yds out and then you bogey the hole. That is just not acceptable and I have to fix it.

I've really enjoyed the concourse over these wedges and those blacks are just stunning to say the least. I have to say though, the etching on my CG15's looked down right wicked, but I don't really think the etching made much difference on contact and wonder if these are similar in that regard. Anyone trying these think the etching is more of a cosmetic effect, or do you believe it actually adds some grip?

I've really enjoyed the concourse over these wedges and those blacks are just stunning to say the least. I have to say though, the etching on my CG15's looked down right wicked, but I don't really think the etching made much difference on contact and wonder if these are similar in that regard. Anyone trying these think the etching is more of a cosmetic effect, or do you believe it actually adds some grip?

I think it does add some grip. I am spinning the ball a lot better than with my CG14s. You can just see the spin difference with range balls. The lines on them just seem to blend together as it spins. I have noticed much more of a hop and stop on my short chips. This makes my shots a lot more predictable. I love it.

I think it does add some grip. I am spinning the ball a lot better than with my CG14s. You can just see the spin difference with range balls. The lines on them just seem to blend together as it spins. I have noticed much more of a hop and stop on my short chips. This makes my shots a lot more predictable. I love it.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Gonna give these bad boys a try tonight when I go for my iron fitting.

Gonna give these bad boys a try tonight when I go for my iron fitting.

You will not regret it. Well until you want new wedges. HEHE

Back