What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a silver lining somewhere to lift your spirits. Keep digging!

--
tapatalk

Thanks SW. I've kind of given up the fight this week and am just taking the week off to practise. I am not playing the course at all this week because I just can't win out there. Next week will be another story.

A 53 yesterday in really gusty cold winds. It's my best score so far, felt good. I need to start playing 18 holes rather than 9.

A 53 yesterday in really gusty cold winds. It's my best score so far, felt good. I need to start playing 18 holes rather than 9.

Good job shooting your best score, that always feels good. Keep practicing and playing and you will keep beating your best score in no time. Keep up the good work!

Good job shooting your best score, that always feels good. Keep practicing and playing and you will keep beating your best score in no time. Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot Jeff. Considering the day before I hit a usual 60, you imagine my excitement. The 7 iron 150 meters and landing on the green even got me to raise my club up in the air and a little fist pump ha ha!

Shot 41 last night in league. Didn't drive well, but got lucky a few times. NO 3 putts or anything worse than boggie, so I was happy about that.

Shot an 84 last night (42-42). 31 putts, one birdie (ZERO 3 putts). No doubles but took a triple on 16. Played last 3 holes at 5 over par.

47 and I was teeing off with my 3h. I'm very surprised and content.

So I shot a 103 today. Thought I was gonna break 100, but shot a 9 on the 17th!!! But was hitting my drives straight and only lost 1 ball!! Hopefully next time I'll finally break 100!!!!

You're so close. Heck, you could have broke it easily. But golf is a game of 'what ifs'. Eliminate a few putts or extra chips and you'll have it easily!

I got out early and played (walking) in three hours before it got so hot. It was a good day in that the weather was very good, I was able to walk, and I was able to play the back tees. It was a bad day in that I lost count of the three putts and the old knee hurt worse than the new knee. Eleven bogies and seven pars, 41-42 83.

You're so close. Heck, you could have broke it easily. But golf is a game of 'what ifs'. Eliminate a few putts or extra chips and you'll have it easily!

Yea I know I'm playing on Sunday with Mardin, hopefully I'll break 100 then.

94 yesterday with 2 - 10's on par 5's, didn't expect much being my 3rd round of the year.

Sounds like you are playing as much as I am Craig. But as long as the weather cooperates, it looks like Sundays will be a regular thing for the summer. Possibly Fridays as well if my back can handle it.

50-44 - 94

Decided to leave work and get away from the world for a bit. Started off good. Then had some major bunker issues. Got really pissed off at that and then the grounds crew that seemed to follow me around. Played worse. Then they left, I relaxed and ended pretty strong.

Driver - below average
Hybrids/Irons - good contact, not great accuracy
Wedges - Pretty good, except when they had to play in the sandbox
Putter - Pretty good

That's a great comeback on the back 9 Hawk. I may live in your basement so we can get some rounds in lol.

50-44 - 94

Decided to leave work and get away from the world for a bit. Started off good. Then had some major bunker issues. Got really pissed off at that and then the grounds crew that seemed to follow me around. Played worse. Then they left, I relaxed and ended pretty strong.

Driver - below average
Putter - Pretty good

That's a great comeback on the back 9 Hawk. I may live in your basement so we can get some rounds in lol.

Please do buddy. It's occupado right now, but I have a guest room too :)

Thank for the support. I was all mad for awhile, but I got it together. I really need to get my sand game back. It was decent for so long and now I either pick the ball clean or dig too deep. I think I'll go watch Andy's video again. That was what helped me originally. I suppose I should have just used the Mashie.

50-44 - 94

Driver - below average
Putter - Pretty good
Nice back 9 there. It's close Hawk, keep at it brother! Bunkers have been kicking my butt lately. We just need to spend some more time in the practice beach.

Nice back 9 there. It's close Hawk, keep at it brother! Bunkers have been kicking my butt lately. We just need to spend some more time in the practice beach.

Thanks, biggsy. Just rewatched Andy's video and also Meredith's and I think I see my problem. I too scared to swing full b/c I'm picking the ball. When I actually do hit behind the ball where I should, I'm not following through. Definitely will hit the practice sand soon. It's not a hard shot and I used to be pretty confident with it.

50-44 - 94

Driver - below average
Putter - Pretty good

Shot 83 yesterday at Grand Harbor in Vero(very beautiful course btw) 43 out, 40 in, and made 2 birdies, and 2 quad-bogeys on 360-ish yard par 4s! If I coulda made bogey on those 2 holes instead of 8's, coulda shot 77, but very pleased how I played, starting to turn it around finally!

42/42
weird round today
2 triples
2 doubles
4 bogeys
9 pars
1 eagle
2 lost balls(banana hooks into the drink)
teeshots were hot and cold
approach shots had me puzzled except for 2 money shots into greens
really really inconsistent around the greens
putting was decent(only one 3 putt)

41/38
Front 9- 1/7 FIR, 2/9 GIR, 1 penalty, 14 putts
Back 9- 6/7 FIR, 3/9 GIR, 1 penalty, 13 putts

The putt count is deceiving, because I was just off the green quite often with easy chips or putts. I do putt much better on faster greens though. They were at an 11 today.

OG and I played in a 2 person 9 hole scramble tonight. It's a blind draw A/B team. OG and his partner shot -6 and my partner and I shot -4. We won 1st and 2nd place and both ended up with extra change in our pocket. Great night for the porch rockers!

Oh yeah, OG hit a 2nd shot to about 4' from the pin and made the eagle putt for the win on the last par 5 hole we played. It was a beautiful high draw on #1 over the trap and stuck right next to the pin. He was grinning from ear to ear! He played really well tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back