Camilo Villegas Leaving Cobra For Taylormade

Out of curiosity I looked at his stats for this year. 7 cuts made out of 13 events and no top 25's. That is a significant drop in performance compared to his last few years on tour...

Out of curiosity I looked at his stats for this year. 7 cuts made out of 13 events and no top 25's. That is a significant drop in performance compared to his last few years on tour...

Is there a possibility that the ongoing proceedings are taking a toll on his mental game, aside from just playing rubbish?

I really wish this lawsuit between the companies would be over. As the first media outlet to report this story, as you can imagine, it has not been a fun time over the last few weeks.

qualify for shield law protections?

Camilo has done NOTHING this year. Should have stuck with Cobra.

I don't see how his equipment change is the one and only reason he's not playing as well. Yes, changing equipment would be something that would take a while to get used to, but there's obviously other things at play with him in regards to his poor play.
Camilo has done NOTHING this year. Should have stuck with Cobra.

tight shirts? the brotherhood of speed kicked him out?
I don't see how his equipment change is the one and only reason he's not playing as well. Yes, changing equipment would be something that would take a while to get used to, but there's obviously other things at play with him in regards to his poor play.

I'm thinking he focuses a little too much on riding his bike when he should be at the range.

If you take a look at his stats page:
http://www.pgatour.com/players/r/?/02/77/70/stats
I do find it interesting that the one thing he used to be somewhat known for which was distance, and he's 74th.
I think he's always been more known for pound-for-pound power, rather than actual distance. He bombs it out there pretty well for how small he is, but I don't know if he's ever been very high in that category compared to the bigger guys.

tight shirts? the brotherhood of speed kicked him out?

I thank you for that post... good break up of my day. Pre-lunch chuckles. Rule #2 of the Brotherhood... No shirt too tight?

Rule #1 : No Speed too Extreme
Rule #2 : No Speed too Extreme
Rule #3 : No Speed too Extreme

I'm thinking he focuses a little too much on riding his bike when he should be at the range.

my thoughts exactly... hes really addicted to that bike

Riding bike helps my game for sure. Leg strength, balance, tempo, whatever, I don't know but it does help. If he is making cuts and a top ten every now and again, maybe that's all he needs right now. I can understand a guy trying to avoid burnout if he is in a slump. I pay to play and I'm trying to stay happy.

Riding bike helps my game for sure. Leg strength, balance, tempo, whatever, I don't know but it does help. If he is making cuts and a top ten every now and again, maybe that's all he needs right now. I can understand a guy trying to avoid burnout if he is in a slump. I pay to play and I'm trying to stay happy.
How about missing cuts and a top 40 every now and again?

How about missing cuts and a top 40 every now and again?
Nope I've never missed a cut, nor have I ever made the top 40.:D

Back