Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

That's rad! I had to cancel my last lesson, so I didn't get a chance to hit it again.
What are teh characteristics of the RIP 60? Is it a mid-launch shaft?
Did it come with the wrench... or is that another $50?

That's rad! I had to cancel my last lesson, so I didn't get a chance to hit it again.
What are teh characteristics of the RIP 60? Is it a mid-launch shaft?
Did it come with the wrench... or is that another $50?

The RIP Alpha is a low/mid launch shaft, yes it came with a wrench and a very nice carry case for the wrench and chart. I think only the fairways and hybrids dont come with a wrench

thing of beauty that club

yes it is, it reminds me of the Supertri looking down at it for some reason, i think its the shape, if it didnt have the titleist emblem for the alignment aid and i couldnt see the face it would be hard to tell which one it was IMO

Can't wait to hear your thoughts dude. You know how much I love my 910

The RIP Alpha is a low/mid launch shaft, yes it came with a wrench and a very nice carry case for the wrench and chart. I think only the fairways and hybrids dont come with a wrench

Did you compare this shaft to the 'Ahina 82 by chance? On their chart, the RIP launches slightly higher than the 'Ahina, but still in the same grid.

10yard - I am also very much looking forward to your comparison against the Z-Star. I was torn between the Z-Star / D2 / D3. Went with the Z-Star obviously with the primary reason being the thread on here. BUT - I hit the D3 last night on a simulator and again just really enjoyed the sound and feel of the club!

I know dude, im excited to test this bad boy out, i like how Titleist put the graphics down in the A1 position, it looks sick with the all black shaft.
Did you compare this shaft to the 'Ahina 82 by chance? On their chart, the RIP launches slightly higher than the 'Ahina, but still in the same grid.

I sure didnt Fink, i know the RIP works for me so i just ordered it. I do know that 82grams would be way to heavy for me in a driver.

10yard - I am also very much looking forward to your comparison against the Z-Star. I was torn between the Z-Star / D2 / D3. Went with the Z-Star obviously with the primary reason being the thread on here. BUT - I hit the D3 last night on a simulator and again just really enjoyed the sound and feel of the club!

Did you not hit the D2? I also enjoy the sound and feel of the 910, the demo i played with was def a more muted/solid sound instead of the tinny/pingy sound

Good luck with the new banger 10yd! I wasn't able to get comfy when I was able to hit a friend of mine's so hopefully you'll have better luck

Not last night...just the D3. Hit the D2 a few months ago. Was impressed with how it felt but had no numbers available.

Not last night...just the D3. Hit the D2 a few months ago. Was impressed with how it felt but had no numbers available.

cool, i went with the D2 just for more forgiveness, i dont try to work the ball allot of the tee so i thought it would be better than the D3 for me. I also went with the RIP because i know it works for me and the main reason is so i wont have any ballooning, i was worried about that with the higher loft and i think i would if i went with a mid/high launch/spin shaft instead of the low/mid spin/launch. I will def be updating this and the Zstar thread once i get that one back, should be a great battle for sure

Well i have been messing around with the settings( even though we arent suppose to hehe) just to make sure everything is working as it should and i gotta admit im pretty impressed with the Sure Fit, i also printed out some of the charts for the 10.5 that gives the exact lie angle and loft changes for each setting.

heading to the course/range around 6, if its packed im just gonna hit the range instead, its very hot today and i dont wanna put up with slow play when its this hot.

Awesome 10yard, I can't wait to hear your feedback on this, and the comparisons to the Z-star. I hit the 909 like and liked it, but haven't hit the 910 line, or the Z-star.

Awesome 10yard, I can't wait to hear your feedback on this, and the comparisons to the Z-star. I hit the 909 like and liked it, but haven't hit the 910 line, or the Z-star.

well i went to the range last night but cant give my honest feedback yet, my swing was no where to be found and i was just snap hooking and topping everything lol, have the YIPS at the moment and its so bad. The couple i did hit good the results were very promising, loved the ball flight from it with those couple good ones, im not exagerating when i say i have the yips either, 90% of the ones i hit only went about 150 yards from me topping them lol. I do need some suggestiongs though, before i even play again i need to replace this stock grip which is horrible for me, dont like tour velvets one bit, i have NDMC Midsize on everything else but im wanting to try something different and was thinking of either UST Mamiya or Black Widow grips, hmmm any help fellas

10yard I put the GP VDR's on an iron and I really like that grip

I find it to be different. Little bit more roughness to grab onto. More firm as well. IMO of course. I'm not a grip connoisseur. Up until this year I just played whatever grip came on the club

The vdr feels more mooshy if that's a word. Not as firm a's the ndmc

I find it to be different. Little bit more roughness to grab onto. More firm as well. IMO of course. I'm not a grip connoisseur. Up until this year I just played whatever grip came on the club

mmm im liking the sound of that, that was one of the things i was worried about with it, have heard a couple people mention it kinda feels like a tour velvet so ive been shrugging it off, hopefully my normal golf shop has them in stock when i go up there for my regrip tomorrow, wanna feel it. I know they have the black widdows and UST's and NDMC, im going with whatever they have in stock since i dont have time to wait and order one, playing sunday for sure and hopefully saturday if it doesnt rain.

I have the NCMC on my 910D3 and I find them to be quite suited for a driver contrary to my beliefs. Feels great.

thats what i have on every club in the bag and i have put one on every driver i have owned (3 this year 1 last year) so im very use to that grip on the driver hehe, Im just wanting to try something new and if it doesnt work out ill go back to my NDMC Midsize

Agree, Chunky. VDRs definitely easier to grip. Will change out my Titleist grips as soon as I can.

well i just got back a little bit ago from getting my D2 regripped and i chickened out and put my normal NDMC Midsize on it lol, i messed around with the VDR for about 5 minutes and while it is grippier/rougher than the tour velvet i couldnt pull the trigger, just feels like it could slicken up real easy with some sweaty hands. I would of put the black widow on it but he didnt have any midsize in stock, i was very impressed with the feel and quality of those grips, they looked great and felt great. The Black Widow tour silk was so much better than a tour velvet and had more grip than the VDR, also the Black Widown Multicompound one(cant remember the name) was very nice, it was the ones with the spider on the upper half of the grip. Now that im ready to rock and roll with the D2 i just hope the rain holds off in the morning/tomorrow, gonna be perfect golf weather Sunday with a high of 76 and sunny, so i will have a review up this weekend.

Back