What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played a nike mojo and it didnt perform like the last time i played a mojo

I found an NXT Tour on the course and put it in my bag. I've played two full rounds with it so far and it has been great. I think it added 20yrds off the tee for me.

I played 18 holes with the WS C:25 and then 9 holes with the Bridgestone e5. I have to say I was really pleased with both. They seemed to perform about the same but if I had to chose I would prob land on the e5. I will be playing them both again here soon and look at them a little further.

Since everytime i do the online bridgestone ball fitting it recommends the B330-S im gonna pick up a dozen and see how they work for me. Been playing the Zstar most of the rounds this year with some 20XI-s and B330RX mixed in.

played a nike mojo and it didnt perform like the last time i played a mojo
They're great balls, especially for the money. Just a little soft for me.

Just not as durable as the One Tours. I can only use one ball for about half a around, then it's all scraped and cut up.

Played the E6 it was very long and straight off the tee. It also had decent feel around the greens for a non-urethane ball.

I played the Bridgestone B330S today. Why, I'm looking to replace the Pro V1x as my regular ball. The B330S is very comparable and much more durable which is the reason I need to replace the Pro V. The wedges nicked the 330S a little but nowhere near as bad as the Pro V.

Last few rounds I have been playing last years Srixon Z-Stars. Great ball and even better @$28/dozen. Just got a free box of Pentas tho so I will have to try those out soon.

Tried the Pentas yesterday. Only hit one decent drive all day but that went a long way. Most of the time slice seemed to be exacerbated by it, although as I said I really wasn't driving well yesterday. Lovely feel off the club face on approach shots and the putter.

Shame I lost 4 of them!!

while playing on saturday i played Callaway big berta diablo. hit it quite well but was a tough round playing 12 holes into a strong wind. found a fairly new prov1 only had 2 small marks on it. played another course sunday with my girlfriends brother which usually ends up being match play so i said i'd use the pro v1 and honestly i was shocked by how long and straight it was off the tee considering with the new driver i'm hitting a slight fade. i'm not the type to be able to spin a ball but it checked up a few times on the green which was cool. i'm now thinking of buying a box of pro v's to see how i get on

I'm playing tonight with the Callaway Tour i(z) for the first time. I usually game the B-330 but there was a 3 for 2 sale on the Cally's. I will post my thoughts and comparison after the round.

Update:
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the Callaway Tour i(z). I did not notice much difference off the tee as compared to the B-330. It was a windy night so distances were varied depending on the relationship to the wind.

Long and mid-iron shots held their line. Side-spin was not a noticeable problem.

I was happy with the durability of the ball. I had 2 full swing gap-wedge shots that did not scuff the ball at all.

Greenside spin was better than the B-330. The ball really spun well on chips/pitches and was easy to control.

I was happiest with the ball on the putting green. For whatever reason I was able to control the distance better with this ball than the B-330.

There's my .02. I'm going to keep playing the Tour i(z) to see how it responds over the next couple rounds. If I continue to get the above results, the B-330 will be sunset.

Last edited:
I pretty much exclusively play with the e6 now, but I found 2 sleeves of Fuzz's while cleaning out the closet in the basement so I played them last round. A nice soft ball that I really like playing early in the year and late into the fall when it's starting to get colder out. Anyway the round played great, but I definietely like the E6 and to a similar extent the e5.

They're great balls, especially for the money. Just a little soft for me.

Just not as durable as the One Tours. I can only use one ball for about half a around, then it's all scraped and cut up.

it scuffs like a champ

today i played a srixon ad333 and it was a great ball till it decided to go swimming on teh 14th tee
then i played the rest of the round with a nike pd straight which wasnt too bad

Received some free TM Penta TPs and took them out for a spin. Loved them! With my current driver set up, it was a little low spin for me with the big stick, but that's an issue with needing to change the shaft rather than the ball...

Off the irons the ball felt really solid and was great in the wind.

Short game... WOW! These things seem to stop better than Pro V1s and feel so soft. I had some really tough pitches to front flags today and nailed everyone. Nice trajectory control and stopped really well. Really nice off the putter with that soft, responsive feel I love. I'm really hoping that I can get the driver shaft swapped out as these things are staying in my bag!!

Off the irons the ball felt really solid and was great in the wind.

Short game... WOW! These things seem to stop better than Pro V1s and feel so soft. I had some really tough pitches to front flags today and nailed everyone. Nice trajectory control and stopped really well. Really nice off the putter with that soft, responsive feel I love. I'm really hoping that I can get the driver shaft swapped out as these things are staying in my bag!!

This is exactly how I feel about the Penta. I am typically a ProV1 guy, occasionally trying other balls out. Then I tried the Penta, and I am sold. So soft yet pretty durable as well. This is now my ball of choice.

played a pro v1 today and i reached 2 par5 greens in 2 but missed both eagle putts

Played the front 9 with the e7 yesterday, and the back nine with the Z Star.

I am still not even remotely convinced that the yellow is easier to see, and in fact, feel the opposite.

E6+ Lost it...Love the feel of the ball.
Titleist ProV1...Lost that too but sounded awesome off the club face.
Pinnacle Distance..didn't have the same feel off the driver and didn't lose it because there was no water on the last 4 holes.

had a golf outting this past weekend and I used Srixon Trispeed Tours for the first time and I was very suprised how good they are. It was raining most of the day, so im hoping they will perform a little better when its dry. Bought theses because of a buy 2 get 1 deal and so far they appear to be my new ball of choice.

had a golf outting this past weekend and I used Srixon Trispeed Tours for the first time and I was very suprised how good they are. It was raining most of the day, so im hoping they will perform a little better when its dry. Bought theses because of a buy 2 get 1 deal and so far they appear to be my new ball of choice.

seems this ball has been getting some love here on the forums in the past 2 weeks or so!

played a B330-S last round and was having a great round until I 3-putted 16 for double bogey, and the ball found the woods somehow :alien:. I was able to find a live bridgestone fitting and compared the TM Penta TP to the B330-S and the Nike 20XI-X to the B330. The B330-S had the best numbers out of all 4 balls and I took the demo 2-ball pack to the course. Same ball 1-16 and then the second ball for 17 and 18 haha. Durability was amazing on the B330-S.

Played with the Callaway Tour i(Z) last night. I continue to be pleased with the ball's greenside spin on short chips and pitches. The durability is better than past callaway balls but it's not up to par with bridgestone's B-330. That said, I do think that the callaway spins more around the green.

Ive been using the nxt tour. I really like it alot. I also like the bridgstone e6 though. I go back and forth!

I picked up a sleeve of Nike 20xi-x the other day. I have played the same ball about 18 holes now. I like the performance off of the tee, it really flies. Iron shots seem to be a little clicky sounding. The ball is starting to scuff up from the square grooves, but that it expected. All in all I like the ball and the performance.

yellow srixon zstar x... it was an excellent ball until it decided to go swimming on #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back