Irons W/O a tee

• Yes

Votes: 189 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 33 14.2%

• Total voters
I almost always use a tee on the tee box. Isnt the saying that they only let you use a tee 18 times, so there must be an advantage? The only time I dont tee it up is on a poorly manicured tee box that hasnt been mowed close enough. I tee it up and it looks like its sitting close to the ground, only to really be a half inch above the turf and hit it fat.

all the time. I don't tee it high, usually just a little bit off the ground.

I always tee it up. Very low, obviously, but I feel like this ensures I have a perfect lie.

I tee up every time on a par 3. You have the chance to give yourself a perfect lie by teeing it up, why not do it?

This is exactly the reason I tee up on every hole

Not with wedges or a 9. I don't like to feel the tee on the wedges for some reason.

depends on the condition of the tee box. I perfer to hit off the ground but sometimes that isnt possible.

I tee up every time on a par 3. You have the chance to give yourself a perfect lie by teeing it up, why not do it?

I was coming here to say the same thing.

For those of you who prefer not to use a tee, how many club pros or tour pros do you see not use a tee? Very, very few. If the best players in the world think you should use a tee, then you should use a tee.

I use a tee for my first shot on every hole.

I was coming here to say the same thing.

For those of you who prefer not to use a tee, how many club pros or tour pros do you see not use a tee? Very, very few. If the best players in the world think you should use a tee, then you should use a tee.

And if they putt with a brick tied to an i-beam would do that too? I think it comes down to personal preference. If you like to use a tee, then use one. If not, then don't.

I didnt that much til I saw a pro saying that they always do, even if its just a bit. SO I figured if a pro does it why wouldnt I?

Yep! Me too. I always tee it up.

Always, for many of the reasons stated.

someone wise once told me, "if you have the chance to tee it up...do it!" (i think it was Arnold Palmer...)

but really, why wouldn't you tee it up?
i always search for broken tees on the tee box and use those. love it when i find the little pink tees and use those.

but seriously, why wouldn't you tee it up?!

It kind of depends on how my ball striking is. If I am having a really good day with my short irons and have the distances dialed in and the hole sets up perfectly for how I'm striking it I won't use a tee. If all of that isn't true. I'm using a tee.

Always! My ball striking needs all the help it can get!

Why would you not put the ball on a tee on the par 3's? Seems silly not to.

Yes, every single time.

Always. Using a tee gives you an advantage, so take it when you can. JMO

im 50-50. I guess its depends on the yardage

The only time I don't use a tee is if I'm using a gap wedge or shorter club (which very rarely happens, but I have played a few very short par 3s). With any other club on the tee, I am definitely teeing it up. Like others have said, if you can get a better lie, then take it.

Always.

As my grandfather used to always say, "Son, anytime you can put a tee under that ball, you do it".

On all par 3s i put the tee all the way down just enough space to have my fingers in between the ground and the tee head. This seems to help alot with consistancy, besides these are the only holes I can birdie why would I risk messing that up.

Back