2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

damn another club I can't join!

I am on the other side of the spectrum. Nerfny really likes playing golf and that makes it a whole lot easier for me to want to go to the range, or stop by Golf Galaxy. It also makes these trips a no brainier. All I have to do is say where and when and she wants to go. She has her own league and can handle herself on the course, heck she shot a 47 on one side of the Squire last weekend. I'm just lucky she isn't an OEM in training like I am.

I have to agree Dean. KellyBo is a blast to play golf with but I get tired of getting my arse kicked all over the country by my Lady :beat-up:! KellyBo is getting better at this game and I am quickly getting worse :at-wits-end:. We had a great time at the outing and love going to outings, get together's etc as a team. I never thought I would see the day when she would love the game as much if not more than I do. Interesting and fun to watch her glow after a good round of golf. She was glowing alot after the fun we all had this weekend!

Teeing up the ball was classic lol. Man, we're almost the same but not. Your game has improved so much dude. That bear trap ate my lunch the second time around. I hate Par 3's!

I was right there with y'all on the sucking part. We still had fun though.

Lol bro I think we used one of Tina's shots all day. You were not the dead weight at all! Oh wait I gave Ike a line on a putt haha. I had a blast my friend. Wow, that cart technician sure was happy we were there I bet. We probably could've won if we wanted too. But I also bet, noone hugged like us!

You're a hell of a guy Yoc, man we had fun on Saturday afternoon! Spank, One-T, Yoccos....I'm telling everyone right now, if you're ever in a 4 man scramble get these guys on your team. You won't win :D but you'll have more fun than any other team out there, HANDS down! Actually you probably would win if I wasn't on that team, I was dead weight for sure....and I weigh a lot!

Lol. Dude this hasme cracking up.

Yorkems frind and I are riding together in a cart and he has his GPS in his hand. it was really nice so I started conversation about it. I asked if there is an annual fee and he said...."Yeah, its $130", my jaw dropped, he then followed it with, "thats just too much money, I dont see how they think people will pay that". I said, "umm, you did just a couple of days ago". The look on his face was priceless.

I have to agree Dean. KellyBo is a blast to play golf with but I get tired of getting my arse kicked all over the country by my Lady :beat-up:! KellyBo is getting better at this game and I am quickly getting worse :at-wits-end:. We had a great time at the outing and love going to outings, get together's etc as a team. I never thought I would see the day when she would love the game as much if not more than I do. Interesting but fun to watch her glow after a good round of golf. She was glowing alot after the fun we all had this weekend!

One-T behave! :act-up:

Yeah man. We would seriously tear some people up. Grade 2 tear bro. I'm talking we'd take TC/JB and make them beg for ranch. My only weakness is Ike's back hand haha. It was a terrible lie on 17 dude. Hills arent easy, if I remember the shot correctly.

I should have probably remained a bit more serious to see what I could really score on the Champ as I was on pace for a low 90's round, but the moment took over and my score just didn't matter any more. I can be serious at home, but I can't have laughs like that just any day.

I actually played par 3's better than anything else all weekend. Aside from a bladed chip into the drink on 17, I was playing them very well. We would be good scramble partners I think.

Dude you have a great swing. I had a blast man and you are just so laid back.

I was right there with y'all on the sucking part. We still had fun though.

Dude you have a great swing. I had a blast man and you are just so laid back.

Thanks man, I really enjoyed gaming it with you. You really turned it on when you started "Having Fun". HAHA Yeah nothing really ruffles my feathers. If I can just get my chipping game down, I would be a bit better. I actually went and had some of the bounce knocked off my wedge yesterday. I hope it helps some. I can't wait to play again next year.

Thanks man. I got so worked up trying to impress One T ... :) Really though you guys were just so much fun. It usually takes me a hole or 2 to warm up but that was just ridiculous! I think it may man. That course was really tight. Bounce on wedges still kinda confuses me because of the grinds and whatnot but I'm sure you have it down. That course was tough to gauge though because it seemed to play really fast at times.

Thanks man, I really enjoyed gaming it with you. You really turned it on when you started "Having Fun". HAHA Yeah nothing really ruffles my feathers. If I can just get my chipping game down, I would be a bit better. I actually went and had some of the bounce knocked off my wedge yesterday. I hope it helps some. I can't wait to play again next year.

I should have probably remained a bit more serious to see what I could really score on the Champ as I was on pace for a low 90's round, but the moment took over and my score just didn't matter any more. I can be serious at home, but I can't have laughs like that just any day.

I actually played par 3's better than anything else all weekend. Aside from a bladed chip into the drink on 17, I was playing them very well. We would be good scramble partners I think.

Surprisingly I did really well on the par3's too. They are usually my weak point.

I went par, bogey, par, par- with birdie putts on both par3 in the bear trap.

So I've been meaning to also post my first impressions of people. One of the games Mr. Blind 9 and I played was who was who. I am on THP and know your screen names. He handles orders so he knows your real names. After we sweated it out at Demo Day for an hour, we went back up to check in and spent some time looking at the list of names of people who were playing. Mr. Blind 9 knew that G4L had ordered a funky config for his Mashie, but had no idea who Golf4Life was. I remembered that Yoccos ordered a Mashie "for his pops," and Mr. Blind 9 remembers him calling in to pay for it. For us it was really fun to match up the face to names, both real names and screen names. Mr. Blind 9 has different impressions of your sizes and looks b/c of what you all order. I have different impressions from what you guys post.

SO, who surprised me? I thought for sure AHA was older, with pepper grey hair. I knew that CL was not actually Chunky b/c he had ordered some clothes from us (so that wasn't a surprise). I thought Coolbreeze was going to be about 10 years older and slimmer (not sure why). I was surprised that Hanks looks just like that guy from the Drew Carey Show. I thought JB would look more like a Ken doll. I thought Ole Grey would be louder and that Uncle Daddy would be more subdued. I thought Clam Fist was going to be about 50 years old, with a crazy Tennessean drawl that I wouldn't be able to understand and that his wife would be too. I thought Fildini was going to be older (by about 15 years) and that 9I would be shorter (and not have such a deep voice!). I was also surprised at how many of you were married and how many of you had kids. Generally, I'd say the THPers were younger than I imagined. It's funny what impressions I get of people on-line.

Oh - and who didn't surprise me? I knew Jeff Overton the minute we walked onto the range. I saw some past pics, so I had already known what TC, P4B, and Biggsy looked like. I think there were a few others whose pics I had seen and already knew from afar.

Ok, back to work for me...

So I've been meaning to also post my first impressions of people. One of the games Mr. Blind 9 and I played was who was who. I am on THP and know your screen names. He handles orders so he knows your real names. After we sweated it out at Demo Day for an hour, we went back up to check in and spent some time looking at the list of names of people who were playing. Mr. Blind 9 knew that G4L had ordered a funky config for his Mashie, but had no idea who Golf4Life was. I remembered that Yoccos ordered a Mashie "for his pops," and Mr. Blind 9 remembers him calling in to pay for it. For us it was really fun to match up the face to names, both real names and screen names. Mr. Blind 9 has different impressions of your sizes and looks b/c of what you all order. I have different impressions from what you guys post.

SO, who surprised me? I thought for sure AHA was older, with pepper grey hair. I knew that CL was not actually Chunky b/c he had ordered some clothes from us (so that wasn't a surprise). I thought Coolbreeze was going to be about 10 years older and slimmer (not sure why). I was surprised that Hanks looks just like that guy from the Drew Carey Show. I thought JB would look more like a Ken doll. I thought Ole Grey would be louder and that Uncle Daddy would be more subdued. I thought Clam Fist was going to be about 50 years old, with a crazy Tennessean drawl that I wouldn't be able to understand and that his wife would be too. I thought Fildini was going to be older (by about 15 years) and that 9I would be shorter (and not have such a deep voice!). I was also surprised at how many of you were married and how many of you had kids. Generally, I'd say the THPers were younger than I imagined. It's funny what impressions I get of people on-line.

Oh - and who didn't surprise me? I knew Jeff Overton the minute we walked onto the range. I saw some past pics, so I had already known what TC, P4B, and Biggsy looked like. I think there were a few others whose pics I had seen and already knew from afar.

Ok, back to work for me...

HAHAHA! Great post Patty! It is so funny reading other peoples first impressions. Classic! I agree about the age thing. I thought I was going to be one of the youngest people there, but I was not. That honor goes to the prepubsent kid I saw at the airport, and then realized it was Thainer :D

So when is everyone getting back on the course or driving range? I was pretty tired and still am actually so I wont be back out till this weekend. I did start back up with the Speed Sleeve last night. For about 10 swings before I got tired lol.

So when is everyone getting back on the course or driving range? I was pretty tired and still am actually so I wont be back out till this weekend. I did start back up with the Speed Sleeve last night. For about 10 swings before I got tired lol.

Nerfny has her league tonight so she will be out there. I may try to play tomorrow, but if I don't it won't be until at least Monday afternoon because I am going camping for the weekend. Like you I was a little golfed out after the outing.

I came back to more rain and storms today and tomorrow but my buddy from MS is coming up on Friday and I think we're going to try to get out on the course if the weather stays somewhat nice.

I went last night and it wasn't pretty. Taking the rest of the week off from irons/drivers and Ill be wedge/putter only.

Nerfny has her league tonight so she will be out there. I may try to play tomorrow, but if I don't it won't be until at least Monday afternoon because I am going camping for the weekend. Like you I was a little golfed out after the outing.

Im not even going to make the range this week. Even if I could I think Id take the week off to recover. Luckily I didnt get blisters but my hands were still hurting by Sunday.

I went to the dirving range yesterday... and wouldn't you know it, it was one of my best days yet. Which is good because after my play this weekend I was contemplating quiting this dang game :D I am off to Utah on Friday and have a few rounds set up with family and old friends. I going to be playing 4 of Utahs top courses (1 in Northern Utah and 3 in southern Utah). I am pretty excited! Just need to hit it like I did yesterday and learn to freaking putt and I will be alright!

Im not even going to make the range this week. Even if I could I think Id take the week off to recover. Luckily I didnt get blisters but my hands were still hurting by Sunday.

yeah I told Yoccos that I was going to take a week off and then starting Monday start pushing for the Morgan Cup. I took a swing in my living room last night and my left shoulder was killing me, so a week off might be nice. Of course if it rains it will be a lot easier to stay away from the course.

Guys, please remember that this is not a chat thread. Lets keep this to outing recaps so that others that might not have been in attendance can find out all about the THP Outings. Thanks.

more than likely Monday if all goes well....

I spoke to TC on the phone today and both of us are like "heck no" we haven't played or hit balls yet. I might get out there this weekend but for now I'm just pretty well focused on recovering and I'll get there when I get there. My bag is still in the travel bag in the garage actually!

For anyone reading this thinking, "man, that sounded pretty fun...I should've gone"...GO NEXT TIME.

I was the "alternate" (sorry you couldn't make it Pirate)...and I'm so thankful I had the chance to come.

As a new guy, I got nothing but warm welcomes; people were so nice to both me and my gf and we really appreciated it (although I was afraid I wouldn't make it out of the raffle alive after winning a driver and my gf won a putter).

Biggest Heart Award ----- Rhino. You're a good dude Rhino, sending us those see-through Bushwood shirts...and a great captain. I'll be your wingman anyday.
Best Storyteller Award ----- Uncle Daddy. Anyone that can start a story about meeting a hot chick...and finishing with the sentence, "she tells me she's 80"...I mean, amazing
Best Clutch Player ----- TC. Dude, you hit so many clutch shots besides that final putt. You can flat out play (just work on those bunker shots ;))
Worst GF Sitter ----- P4B. Man, after spending 5 minutes talking to you I think she had second thoughts about me. Jake, you have a new fan.
Best Clubfitter ----- JB. Dude was like a surgeon, calling out stuff. "Get me the silver Miyazaki, in stiff!". Very cool to watch, and I can't believe you dedicated your entire day to fitting people...I thought that was pretty damn cool of you.
Best Letter Writer ----- SWFla. He helped me craft my "Dear Bridgestone" letter after each "surprising" shot....sorry I lost so many balls Bridgestone, thanks for giving them to me
Uncomfortable Conversation Award ----- One-T. I turn around for two minutes and all of a sudden he's telling my gf that he can't believe we're not engaged, and asks me what the holdup is...I was like, "uhhhh.....what?"

All in all I just wanted to say thanks again. You're some good people, and I cannot wait to play some more golf with some THP'ers.

If any of you are in Seattle and want to tee it up, please let me know.

CMoors you were an awesome alternate. I loved teeing it up with you and your game. So really, when are you gonna ask her? :D

MAGPG - Men Against Gf's Playing Golf

Count me in.

I want to give a huge THANK YOU to JB for helping me out. My driver blew a shaft during the Saturday morning round. It broke right in the middle of the shaft on the downswing which was a really odd happening. Anyways he fixed me up with an identical driver (Cleveland SL290) for my Sunday round on the Champion course. JB saved my day :thumb:

Man and I thought I was bad blowing tires on the first outing.

SMG and I are teeing it up this Saturday. I'm happy about this since I've known SMG since the first outing and have never been paired with him. It'll be great to shoot the breeze and it'll help with the outing withdrawal I'm feeling.

I still havent moved back into my normal Nike cart bag yet. Clubs are out in the garage recovering too.

Well after getting my first outing I figure I can try and recap my incredible experience. On the drive down I was so nervous about meeting everyone and it doesn’t help that I’m pretty shy. So we get there at about 6AM after an 11 hour car ride and we check in and sleep for like 3 hours. Should have slept longer. We decide to go on down to the range and hit some balls. I notice some people at the range had some THP covers on but I was so nervous that I couldn’t just walk over and say hi. I think eventually Anthony walked over and it ended up being AHA and Mrs. AHA who were both incredibly nice. Then all of a sudden the ground starts shaking and up walks the mountain man. TC is as cool in person as he is on the forum which is such a relief. What was really weird was that TC was hitting balls next to Uncle Fester

Everyone we were meeting was awesome which is when I started to relax. I was hitting the ball halfway decent so I told Anthony that we should hop on the course. That was one of the bigger mistakes I’ve made. I won’t recap that round but needless to say it was my worst. After the round we went up to the Ibar where a bunch of THP’ers were all getting their drink on. We said what the heck and joined in. Everyone was just incredible and so funny. You can’t believe how relieved I was. I saw JB out of the corner of my eye but I was too nervous to approach him so we sat down and ate instead. Hawk came up and semi introduced himself and started cracking jokes. He was hilarious and when he walked away I asked Anthony who he was and he tells me it was Hanks. So of course when I see him later I call him Hanks and I probably will never hear the end of that. After dinner we slinked away back to our room and that is also something I will never hear the end of. I was tired!!

Demo Day—The day arrived and I was ready for some action. We got there too early so we went back to the putting green to hit some putts and wait for the fun to begin. Walked up and saw Belbin Poulter. That was an awesome outfit dude. I can’t remember who the other Poulter was but I joked with him that he could probably just go back and get changed and he laughed. After that the madness began. Found my Z-Stars and hit a bunch of balls with them and proceeded to hit about 1000 balls that day. It was like a crack addict hanging out at Pablo Escobars house. Had a great time hitting balls side by side with Thainer although it was quite humbling. The sound that comes off his clubs when he hits them is unreal. Great ballstriker. Once he finds out how to actually score he is going to be phenomenal. KB you are just about my favorite person in the world. Certainly not a nicer person that I’ve ever met. JB I will be picking your brain as soon as I start looking for shafts. I really enjoyed my time on the launch monitor. Best demo day ever!! The contests were a load of fun. I don’t know how Belbin got his short game rep but it needs to be changed quickly. I feel badly for whomever goes against him in the MC. Degoins you have the best Dalyesque driver swing that I’ve ever seen. Yoccos everytime I was looking for a club I just had to find you as you were hitting it. We have the same taste in equipment I guess. OEM Iron Sheikh looked like he was in a club lust stupor. Just a great day that I wish I could have back.

Dinner—Awesome. Simply put great food and great company. My entire table was awesome. Got to find out about Mary C’s pretty cool life. Found out Spanks and Fildini are flipping hilarious and lucky. Sat next to KB who if I haven’t mentioned it already is one of the best people on the planet. OG you are one cool dude. Elvis has definitely not left the building. Anthony and I kind of just sat down and took it all in. Also found out TC turns into half a woman just by giving him a putter cover. Just a great time. We all went back to the Ibar and I downed a few beers and got to know everyone better. I still can’t believe how nice everyone is.

Saturday—Morning round was early. I was feeling it a little from the night before. Got paired with One-T in the cart and Yorkem and OEM Kev in the other. What a fun time. Despite all of the crap I will be unleashing on Jarret for the next year he is a great golfer. Just a great all around game with one heck of a short game. I can’t remember laughing that hard during a round in my life. Had a good round going until a quad on a par 3 took the air out of me. Limped home until 18. That is when I noticed that Jarret had been somewhat generous with his gimmes with me. Well my old friend Yorkem tells him to have me putt out the 1 footer that would have given me the outright victory. I will forever blame the damn high noon sun glaring off my Seemore for that push right. Oh well

Afternoon scramble was Thainer and I paired with KB & Keith aka SMG. This was just a fun round of golf. We missed every single putt that we took but we still had a good time. Thainer hits absolute bombs. 300 yard 3 wood. Insane. Very nice iron play as well. Just a great ball striker. As I said, once he matches his short game with his long game he is going to be scratch or under. Impressive young dude that I can’t wait to tee it up with again. Keith is one of the best guys I’ve ever met. So nice and friendly and man can he read a putt. If any of us could actually hit a putt, SMG would have been team MVP. And of course KB. Have I mentioned that I think the world of her? And man can she crush a golf ball. I think we may have played more shots of hers then anyone elses. As for me I just sucked. 36 in that Florida heat was just too much.

The night was spent in the sports bar watching the lamest attempt at a food challenge ever. Hawk you are hilarious. The things you will do for beer. Your wife is even funnier. Her pep talk during the epic Baco challenge was truck driver like. Loved it. Found out that I might never look at a blueberry pie the same way again. Uncle Daddy has an iron stomach. That man can eat anything dead or alive. Some more **** talk ensued between JB, One-T, and I. Jarret had been telling me for at least a month now that JB had some serious quirks on the golf course and he just kept reiterating that to me. I had asked Thainer earlier in the day about it and he looked at me like I had 6 heads. I said don’t you have to stand off the tee box when he tee’s off and off the green when he putts? Don’t you have to keep your cart behind his at all times? Thainer was like what the f are you talking about? I knew Jarret was trying to f with me. At the end of the night JB comes to say good night and tells me that we were going to have a great round and he would explain some of his quirks on the first tee. Jarret comes right over and says I told you so. I don’t know why I didn’t think JB was in on it. I gotta say I walked to my room that night very nervous.

Sunday—Champions course. Beautiful morning. I haven’t slept in 3 days. My shoes are soaked and stretched from me sweating in them. My feet are full of blisters. My driving range time is spent topping drives and hitting hosel rockets with my irons. Yeah I’m ready to tee it up. JB walks up and we all stand off to the side. Hits a perfect shot right down the middle. Everyone else goes and they are all acceptable drives. We drive down toward our balls, of course keeping an acceptable distance from JB’s cart as I didn’t want to get him angry. I stop behind his cart in the fairway probably about 30 -40 yards away from my ball. Poor Gus was probably 60 yards away. I take about half my bag with me because I have no clue how far I am out. We all hit our shots and we drive to the green. Once we are all on JB is first to putt. I stay off the green and poor Gus doesn’t remember that no one can be on the green while he putts. JB looks up and just waves him off the green. Gus slinks off. JB hits his putt up close and the rest of us go on and finish out the hole. As we walk off Gus is whispering to me that he understands etiquette and all but this is ridiculous. Being the wuss that I am I tell him to suck it up. As we drive up to the 2nd tee box Jarret and JB are dying laughing. Yes I am that gullible.

The rest of the round was filled with some good shots, some bad shots and one dude that looked like he was trying out for the part of Bernie from Weekend at Bernies. One-T was so hungover I felt bad for him. That won’t stop me from hanging the beating over him until the next time we play though. When you beat a better golfer you can’t let him forget it. I could probably write a few pages on this round as it was just one of my favorite rounds ever. I won’t bore everyone with a more indepth recap though. Suffice to say that if you get to tee it up with JB you will love it. It’s competitive(maybe not so much) but a ton of fun at the same time. He will always cheer you on and make you laugh. Although he struggled early you could see the short game magic that everyone raves about. Just when you think you are going to pick up a stroke on a hole you walk off having lost a stroke. Jarret is …well he’s One-T. You pretty much get exactly what you get on the forum. I would tee it up with him anytime. 2 hilarious rounds of golf with a really good golfer. He knows a ton about the golf swing and is very willing to try and help you out when you’re struggling. Heck he was giving me pointers about my putting during the middle of our match. Well to call it a match is an insult to matches but still. Great guy. Gus you are a great partner man. You tried keeping us in it early but we just didn’t have the juice. You just need to get your confidence up a little and your handicap will fall big time. I of course just stunk it up. There is no water too small for me to pull the ball off the planet to get away from it. Good good is the best phrase ever said.

Biggest surprise: PVB. Damn dude you are incredible. Just about the nicest dude ever. Don’t get me wrong. You come off great on the forum but you are even better in person. You make a shy guy feel welcome and I needed that. I really appreciated you buddy. Heck I can say the same for Hawk as well. He just came right up to me and started cracking jokes like we were old friends. Hmm I guess I can also throw TC in there for coming right up to me at the range like we had met each other a 100 times. I guess that is a testament to JB & GG for picking great people as Forum leaders/testers. Biggsy came right up to me at demo day as well and introduced himself and we started chatting. Hanks also…..well he pulled an Amelia Earhart but I’m sure he is awesome also.

I had such a good time that I’m not sure I can fully write down how great a time it was. I met some fantastic people with not a stinker in the bunch. I could literally write a great thing about everyone I met. I didn’t get to talk to everyone but that is because time just flew by. Hopefully I can make it to the next one and meet up with some old friends and make some new ones. I was blown away JB & GG. 2 amazing people that deserve all good things that come your way. Morgan I was too shy to talk to you for pretty much the entire weekend but I finally got to sit down and talk on Sunday and you are amazing. I can’t wait for the next one. Thank you so much THP’ers for making this such an epic trip. And please take it easy on me with the pictures and nicknames.

Yorkems friend that was an awesome post!

Back