Nike Method Core Putters

MC felt softer and smoother than the Ghost for me, but they are both nice.

To each there own of course, but I disagree. I actually fine the Pure Roll insert to be softer, I can feel where each hit is on the face, something I find I can't tell as much on the Core. The Core feels harder and defiantly gets the ball rolling quicker, that I will agree with, but for me, it was just too hot and hard.

Of course everyone is different, which is exactly why it's so important to take your time when looking for a putter or any close for that matter.

OK so today I finally had the chace to get a Method Core out on a full size practice green. They had each model, and the green I was practicing on was pretty fast compared to other courses in my area, I always love practicing on their greens for that reason. Anyway, I was SO excited to try the MC out because I thought it felt so good on the tiny little green at Dicks. Unfortunately, I was left very disappointed. I have to say that I did not think the insert was soft at all. I actually thought the putter felt firm, and not in a good way. I was putting with the Penta ball, which tends to have an extremely soft feel off the putter compared to other balls, but it just did not feel soft at all. The other thing I noticed as I compared it to my Scotty was that I was leaving putts considerably short compared to the Scotty, which was really wierd considering how fast the green was. They did not have the Ghost 770 that they had last week, otherwise I was going to try it as well. I really wanted to like the Nike, I was really disappointed in how it felt once I got it out on a green. I also did not think it seemed to have much affect on the forward roll. I actually thought it skipped just as much if not more than my Scotty.

I was finally able to get a MC out on a real practice green today. Once of my local courses has a GREAT practice green. Lots of ridges, very fast, and different angles to chip from around the green. Anyway...I must admit I came away very disappointed. I tried each model, and settled on the 1i as my preference. But HOLY COW...I was using Penta balls which tend to have an extremely soft feel off the putter compared to other balls, but this insert on the MC was not soft at all. I actually thought it was very firm and I did not like it at all. The other odd thing was even on the very quick greens I was leaving my putts considerably short. I had no probem getting the ball to the hole with my Scotty, and I even thought the ball rolled better with my Scotty. I noticed more skipping with the MC than I did with my Scotty. Now I know some might say its because I'm used to using my Scotty with my stroke, but I tried each model of the MC and I spent a long time on the greens trying to like them and figure them out. There was just nothing soft about it and I did not like how firm the insert was. And it just seemed like I had to put so much effort into a putt to get the same amount of distance I was getting with my Scotty. I still want to try the Ghost 770 really bad, I hope the insert is softer than the MC.

I was finally able to get a MC out on a real practice green today. Once of my local courses has a GREAT practice green. Lots of ridges, very fast, and different angles to chip from around the green. Anyway...I must admit I came away very disappointed. I tried each model, and settled on the 1i as my preference. But HOLY COW...I was using Penta balls which tend to have an extremely soft feel off the putter compared to other balls, but this insert on the MC was not soft at all. I actually thought it was very firm and I did not like it at all. The other odd thing was even on the very quick greens I was leaving my putts considerably short. I had no probem getting the ball to the hole with my Scotty, and I even thought the ball rolled better with my Scotty. I noticed more skipping with the MC than I did with my Scotty. Now I know some might say its because I'm used to using my Scotty with my stroke, but I tried each model of the MC and I spent a long time on the greens trying to like them and figure them out. There was just nothing soft about it and I did not like how firm the insert was. And it just seemed like I had to put so much effort into a putt to get the same amount of distance I was getting with my Scotty. I still want to try the Ghost 770 really bad, I hope the insert is softer than the MC.

Sorry to hear, it sucks when you want to love something ,but it just doesn't feel right.

I think you might like the Pure Roll insert in the Ghost. When to Nevada Bob's yesterday and was putter with the Odyssey Black Series? (Milled face), anyways, I found it to be really close in feel and roll compared to the Ghost, barely had to make any adjustment at all.

I know you are use to your Scotty, which is a bit firmer in the face compared to the Black Series, in my opinion, but I think the Ghost might be close to the feel of the milled face putter that you are looking for.

Hope you find something, good luck.

I totally agree. The core series feels much firmer to me than the top of the line Method putters, yet strangely doesn't roll out as much. I think the regular Methods are awesome, but the Core just wasn't doing it for me.

What the heck I thought I lost my first post there because my computer was acting up. I apologize for basically having the same post twice that is the second time that has happened to me and I don't know how to delete one of them.

I totally agree. The core series feels much firmer to me than the top of the line Method putters, yet strangely doesn't roll out as much. I think the regular Methods are awesome, but the Core just wasn't doing it for me.

Well it's really tough to compare a $130 putter to an almost $250-$300 putter. The milled insert does give the Core great feel though. I think the feel is much firmer than say a TM Ghost.

I have rolled many putters $150> and really liked some of them. I was just really surprised at how firm this insert is compared to other insert putters, and I did not feel like it had any affect on the roll whatsoever. I actually felt like I experienced more skidding on some 40-foot lag putts than I had with my Scotty. In definitely want to give the new Ghost line a roll though.

I have rolled many putters $150> and really liked some of them. I was just really surprised at how firm this insert is compared to other insert putters, and I did not feel like it had any affect on the roll whatsoever. I actually felt like I experienced more skidding on some 40-foot lag putts than I had with my Scotty. In definitely want to give the new Ghost line a roll though.

I noticed that "skidding" on longer putts you are referring to as well yesterday on the practice green before my round. however in my case it was an operator error in my stroke, it went away as soon as I got my left elbow tucked in tighter. I was getting a little to sloppy and hitting down on the ball. I've also noticed a forward press doesn't work well at all with the core.

This putter is quickly making me consider selling off the other flatsticks I have laying around. Such a great solid feel, doesn't feel like an insert to me at all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Well it's really tough to compare a $130 putter to an almost $250-$300 putter. The milled insert does give the Core great feel though. I think the feel is much firmer than say a TM Ghost.

I have no problem comparing the $75 Cleveland Classic putter I just bought to a $250 putter, in fact the lower cost Cleveland has put the more expensive Odyssey putter in the closet! I did try the Core when I was testing putters before I bought the Cleveland and it was a very close call. I liked the feel of the Nike in my hands, good balance, and the look of it at address and the way the ball came off the face was very smooth and solid.

I have no problem comparing the $75 Cleveland Classic putter I just bought to a $250 putter, in fact the lower cost Cleveland has put the more expensive Odyssey putter in the closet! I did try the Core when I was testing putters before I bought the Cleveland and it was a very close call. I liked the feel of the Nike in my hands, good balance, and the look of it at address and the way the ball came off the face was very smooth and solid.

I'm glad the cheaper putter is working for you. Putters are always a weird conundrum to compare because it's almost impossible to get 5 people to agree on the same putter. My last statement is even more evident if you go through this forum and see all of the different putters everyone is using.

The cores really make you have to hit the ball right. I've seen that from my first 5 rounds of the year this week. but as long as you do, it's really a star putter. To each their own, and If there is another putter you like better, then by all means pick that one. Good luck in your putter search.

Last edited:
These are photos of my Nike MC 1i. Bought it yesterday and loved putting with it. The ball feels great coming of he face. Well balanced face just a little long. I will be making some adjustments tomorrow. All in all I am pleased.

Very Cool Tadashi! I got a different headcover than you....

!CFOECvQEWk~$(KGrHqV,!hcE0ibWGPKFBNUZ59nS+Q~~_1.JPG

Very Cool Tadashi! I got a different headcover than you....

!CFOECvQEWk~$(KGrHqV,!hcE0ibWGPKFBNUZ59nS+Q~~_1.JPG

The knuckle head at reunion have me the wrong headcover. It'll due, but I like yours better

Congrats Tadashi! Hope it knocks some strokes off for you!

Congrats! I got to roll the MC-1 again at the golf shop yesterday and I'm still really liking this putter. I grabbed the original Method 1 as well but the core just felt better to me. I can't wait to give these a try on a real green to see if the feel is still there.

these putters sure are great, but I just couldn't pass up on my odyssey white hot on ebay for $70 although considering these nike putters, i just cant get over the look, haven't hit one though sadly

well i finally got a new putter...the method core. I have hit it a little but on the course but I hit it quite a bit at the store. I love the feel and I agree that the insert seems to be very firm. i play in a company golf league and its captains choice so I haven't been able to roll it as much as I would like. however, if you are in the market for a new putter i would suggest the method core. at least roll it in the store. it feels awesome!!! i'll post more on it once i have the chance to play a full round with it. nice work nike...

I will be getting a Core 1i next Friday. I've hit it a few times and like how it feels. It helps that I'm upgrading from the one I got in a set from a flea market with a loose head, haha.

Does anyone know how these compare to the Method putters?

Does anyone know how these compare to the Method putters?

To be honest when I rolled them both I could barely tell the difference between the two, but I loved the way the ball rolled off the face.

I will be getting a Core 1i next Friday. I've hit it a few times and like how it feels. It helps that I'm upgrading from the one I got in a set from a flea market with a loose head, haha.

You are going to love it, I've had mine for almost a month and it is one of the best rolls I have experienced. I have been a half mallet guy for the last 2-3 years and before that I used YES putters exclusively. The confidence I have with my 1i Nike Core is so high, the really seems to roll off the club face quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad they don't have this in the #3(?) design (the on Tiger uses) they have for the milled Method line. I have an Odyssey #9 and I love that shape.

I don't really want to create a whole new thread for this, so I'll just ask it here.

Why is it that the Nike Method Core putter is $155 in the golfgalaxy store, $155 on Nike.com, but only $129 if I buy from the golf galaxy website? Is it like walmart, and they simply encourage people to order online to save on employee hours in stores, or is there something else I would be missing out on? It can't be a fitting, b/c golf galaxy always says if you order online, just take it to a store and you'll get all the same fitting deals as if you bought in the store?

Help me out here, I'm confused on this one.

Also, Rolled the 3i putter this weekend, fell in love, hard. It was difficult not to buy right then.

Back