Do Not Wear That Thread

The one thing I would like to see people stop wearing are pleated pants and shorts.

Funny you mention that. I was just trying to find a pair of Tommy Bahama shorts for vacation, not golf. Nothing but pleated fronts. Upsetting.

Personal taste aside, all of those outfits match quite well actually.

It is a matter of taste. I think it all depends on age and what neck of the woods you are from. Just always struck me as funny that denim has always been so taboo to many yet, what I pictured is acceptable. Like everything in golf, fashion will always be a debatable topic.

The one thing I would like to see people stop wearing are pleated pants and shorts.

I agree pleats are out! But flat fronts don't look good on everyone. Pleats look good on larger folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Loudmouth pants, but I have to have a tame shirt to go with. For example, I have the loudmouth american flag pants. I would either have to wear a solid red, white, or blue shirt and hat to go with that. Or the other way around, crazy shirt, tame pants.

Like this. This is something I would definitely wear to one of my junior tournaments. It looks good, but not in a stuffy way

poulter-ian_1207576i.jpg

If you wear loud pants/outfits like Poulter or Daly, you better have the game to back it up. Love the guy who shows up in Loudmouth who proceeds to s***k shot after shot. My opinion anyway.

Good point Biggsy. That's why I like to wear overalls as there are no high expectations from my playing partners :thumb:

These shoes:
100_1254.jpg

Personal taste aside, all of those outfits match quite well actually.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Poulter is the man!

Good point Biggsy. That's why I like to wear overalls as there are no high expectations from my playing partners :thumb:

Don't the shoulder straps limit your back swing? They do mine. Had to quit wearing them. Suspenders too.

Solid shorts, stripped shirt! Solid shirt, plaid shorts! Its not hard ppl!

haha I've made that mistake a few times. My favorite shorts are pin stripe yet my favorite shirts have stripes. I know I can't wear them together, but......

Yes, plaid and argyle....Another pattern that does not work together. Even if the argyle is just in a section, the two do not work when it is top and bottom.

Would this be considered argyle?

I've worn this hat before with blue plaid shorts, and either a solid white or blue polo...

IMG00055-20110425-1958.jpg

But you wear those overalls so well my friend. :D

What about the upward bill:
Jesper-Parnevik-On-Tiger2.jpg

What about the upward bill:
Jesper-Parnevik-On-Tiger2.jpg

It was a money maker for him. Not a area I would have gone, but when money can be made, what is one to do?

I'm going to risk bringing down the wrath of the almighty Westwood here, but -

White trousers (pants guys! :D). Not all white trousers. But, any white trousers you can actually see the outline of your leg through! Stay cool by all means, but that just doesn't look right.

when i worked at a golf course back in college, we actually had to tell a guy to put his shirt back on. lol.

people play in jeans...doesn't bother me.
personally, i can't play in jeans.

but yes, if you're going to wear "golf apparel" please make sure that it matches according to the fashion/style guidelines of this planet.

i've always had the "look good - play good" mentality, but that's just me.
if you look like a bum, but have the scores to back it up...then by all means.

but please fold the brim of your hat....FTB! :banghead:

If you're going with an all white outfit or even the white pants/white shirt outfit, please make sure the whites match. Can't remember who it was, but remember seeing someone this past weekend on tour wearing a bright white shirt, but the pants where a "darker" white, looked terrible.

If you wear loud pants/outfits like Poulter or Daly, you better have the game to back it up. Love the guy who shows up in Loudmouth who proceeds to s***k shot after shot. My opinion anyway.

I have a pair of Loudmouth shorts, the guys love it when I wear them, lightens things up and I'm not trying to look like Joe Pro. I believe you better have game if you're going to wear a belt buckle that advertises a clothing company. My opinion anyway.

My favorite is still one that I see almost every time playing at one course near me, the old jeans with sneakers and a wifebeater. Not a color or pattern issue but bad in a worse way to me.

Funny that this is the same course that wouldn't let my friend play a year ago because there was no collar on his shirt.

Jorts, enough said. Jean shorts should never be worn, on or off the course.

Thanks to you guys, I have started to think about what I can and can not wear. And I am a bit curious about what I can and can not wear with the pants in the picture below. Stromberg Quinta 12 is the name if you were wondering. No Argyle?

white-trouser.jpg

Golfers wearing shorts with calf high tube socks pulled up as high as they will go..............

Thanks to you guys, I have started to think about what I can and can not wear. And I am a bit curious about what I can and can not wear with the pants in the picture below. Stromberg Quinta 12 is the name if you were wondering. No Argyle?

white-trouser.jpg

Plaid looks good it matched to other parts of the outfit properly, if not......it can look terrible. So, key to making plaid look good is to ensure you match well with it.

white-trouser.jpg

I'd go with a solid white top half, and white shoes/belt. Or you could always go darker, brown.

Back