Whoop Fitness Band

It kinda sorta does. So every morning, it asks you questions(that you can control, and there are a lot of them) that can help with that. So mine asks me how much caffeine I had, and how late did I go? How much water did I have? Did I take a melatonin sleep aid, and when? And then how stressful was my day (this one makes me laugh, I’ve never not had a stress filled day)

So if one day is really good it’ll be like hey you sleep better when you do this, don’t do that, etc.

All very relevant questions. Perhaps I need to ask myself that. I def drink a ton of caffeine and don't drink much/any water. Guess that could be a start....

That's interesting...

I've been considering a whoop band. I'm terrible in the sleep department. Really struggle to sleep every night. Thought maybe the whoop could help me identify methods that work well for me. Per your post.....maybe not.....

It can help with that. I focused on eating earlier last night (we usually eat at 7:30 or 8) and not eating any crap after dinner. I slept much better and feel better this morning.

It can help with that. I focused on eating earlier last night (we usually eat at 7:30 or 8) and not eating any crap after dinner. I slept much better and feel better this morning.

I’m like the definition of insanity as they say. I do the same dumb things and expect a different outcome. Need to chill on the caffeine, drink more water, work out more and save from the after dinner treats...

I’m like the definition of insanity as they say. I do the same dumb things and expect a different outcome. Need to chill on the caffeine, drink more water, work out more and save from the after dinner treats...

It is only recently that I started having bad sleep issues. Our dinners had slipped later as I was busier with work and have someone on the west coast working for me now.

I am not sure I will ever have good recovery numbers based on how low my HRV in general is. I am going to try to be more focused on sleep quality.

I have had a declining HRV the last week, two night ago I woke up with my arm asleep and realized that I have been sleeping on my side (same side as the band). I put the band on my bicep (opposite side), and my HRV score and recovery jumped way up last night. So i am wondering if you are a side sleeper or sleep in a way that impacts the arm you are wearing the band on, does it throw the HRV off. I have also heard of some people wearing it on their ankle when they sleep.

I have had a declining HRV the last week, two night ago I woke up with my arm asleep and realized that I have been sleeping on my side (same side as the band). I put the band on my bicep (opposite side), and my HRV score and recovery jumped way up last night. So i am wondering if you are a side sleeper or sleep in a way that impacts the arm you are wearing the band on, does it throw the HRV off. I have also heard of some people wearing it on their ankle when they sleep.

Have done all of the above. Wrist, bicep, leg, didn’t matter for me. That being said, I posted the highest recovery in the group today. My band is clearly broken or needs a software update.

So I am not sure if its cause of a recent update or me getting into Peloton the last few weeks but I have been waking up with a "0.0" strain the last few days.... anyone else notice this?

I'd like an invite if you dont mind. @Bucketsofjoy on there too. Could use some accountability!

So I am not sure if its cause of a recent update or me getting into Peloton the last few weeks but I have been waking up with a "0.0" strain the last few days.... anyone else notice this?
I wake up with a 0.0 every day. Just takes getting out of bed and moving around a little to get it registering stuff.

I wake up with a 0.0 every day. Just takes getting out of bed and moving around a little to get it registering stuff.

So maybe I am gettign healthier and my heart is getting stronger? Hmmmm

So maybe I am gettign healthier and my heart is getting stronger? Hmmmm
I would for sure take it as a good thing when it isn't strenuous for us to wake up:p;)

I think I might be towards the end of the Whoop wearing time in my life. Other than tracking my sleep, I just don't think it's very useful for me. And my sleep average per week never changes by more than about 10 minutes in the end. So I get odd sleep certain nights, and I'm tired or whatever, but at the end I'm at 5:45-ish. Like clockwork.

Recovery doesn't seem to represent my life at all, because the strain doesn't. I played a fairly intense match today, hiked with my wife and dog, and did an hour lifting at the gym and I'm at 4.9. I realized recently that I've pretty much stopped looking at that, and that pretty much tells my story about probably being done with it.

I suppose I could just wear it at night until the year is up to track my sleep. It doesn't ever bother me.

Welp fellas... back to that sweet sweet deep red right before a round of golf.

1620386613719.gif

You only got me by 2%:LOL: I’d be more concerned about your super lack of sleep lol hope the round is going well!

80 in some dirty wind. Like, 7i from 129, but hit it to 4in to end it. Sometimes you just have to bring what you brought, and I brought a lot of three putts and doubles 😂

What happened to the WHOOPers out there?

Recovery doesn't seem to represent my life at all, because the strain doesn't. I played a fairly intense match today, hiked with my wife and dog, and did an hour lifting at the gym and I'm at 4.9.

4.9 after all that???? How is that possible haha. I have a 4.9 after my morning shower :ROFLMAO:

4.9 after all that???? How is that possible haha. I have a 4.9 after my morning shower :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20210806-174657_WHOOP.jpg

Wife sorted something out with it to change how it reads me. Seems more effective/accurate now. This is with about 8 hrs left in my day. Still doesn't get lifting right, but better.

I just got a job at Whoop so I hope every jumps on the bandwagon.

That looks much better! Someone I knew has the strap attached incorrectly which was throwing his numbers off. That was odd to me.

Nice @Joshnoble01! Seems like a great company, always looking to move forward. What job you land?

That looks much better! Someone I knew has the strap attached incorrectly which was throwing his numbers off. That was odd to me.

Nice @Joshnoble01! Seems like a great company, always looking to move forward. What job you land?
On the accounting/Finance team. Super excited.

I miss my Whoop. I want it back.

Back