Tiger withdraws after 9 holes

Tigerfansince72

Reaction score
Handicap
I used to love Tiger but I think we're seeing him unwind here a bit....physically and mentally. He no longer scares the other players....he's lost his family and he's lost his confidence. His body is betraying him now. I think Jack's record is safe.

I used to love Tiger but I think we're seeing him unwind here a bit....physically and mentally. He no longer scares the other players....he's lost his family and he's lost his confidence. His body is betraying him now. I think Jack's record is safe.

IMO his mind his betraying him now. and ego.

Weve been talking about this for a while in the TPC contest thread. and theres a Tiger Issues thread too! :)

Moved to Golf on TOur. Lots of talk on this one in the contest thread.

I posted this in the Players thread but wanted to share it here as well...

We all know how this is going to end...

Spoiler
old-yeller-DVDcover.jpg

Time for a name change?

OT: Where abouts in atlanta do you live? We should grab a round sometime.

I really think he ought to go back to Haney.

Never count out a person who thinks they have nothing left to lose.

It may not happen right away but when he composes himself and realigns his priorities there will be some awesome golf. He needs to step away and focus on himself first before taking it to the fairway.

Wow, Jack's record is safe? That's a pretty big statement especially for a Tiger fan. This really ultimately sucks in my opinion (his WD) and I guess I'm just sad because I am a fan of his too. Until he actually hangs it up I guess i can't bring myself to say Jack's record won't be broken...

I think I am going to start becoming a "Tiger should go back to Butch" homer.

I wonder how much longer he is going to be the face of Nike Golf. I can't imagine them being happy with his recent performances.

With the bad knee he needs to change his swing to not torque the knee so much. Add to the injury that he does not trust his swing so he'll try and tweak his body/arms/legs to correct a bad swing, I think it'll be a while before he is back, maybe the Champions tour.

The only way Tiger gets back to old form is to play more competitive golf. He needs to embrace more events.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

So rather than dwell on the gelding that was today, what is next? First it was the personal stuff. Then found religion and rehab. Then decided on a swing change. 12 months ago, he withdrew from this same tournament after not playing well.

Predictions....I say he and Foley part ways. TW shuts it down. We see him again only when he feels he will be able to play well, which is basically the same as history with him has said.

I will not say that he is done. Too many athletes at the highest level can make comebacks and I dont see why he cannot. I think we have two things in play here though. Those that are his super fans, keep saying "he was the best ever, of course he is coming back" despite absolutely average at best golf for the last 2 years. Those who dislike him keep saying "he sucks right now and there is no reason to believe he is coming back".

In the end, nobody knows, but if history says anything, you can expect a huge charade and then majors changes. It wont be self blame, but a change in the people around him.

I am beginning to think he needs to take the time to heal his body if that's even possible at this point. He keeps suffering from the same injuries. He he can't get healthy he will never break Jacks record.

or go to the Euro Tour for a bit...
The only way Tiger gets back to old form is to play more competitive golf. He needs to embrace more events.

I couldn't agree more, if his "body can hold up" to those rigors...

I'd like to see him end it with Foley, but really I could care less who is instructor is. Just get out and play golf dude, once your body allows you to.

Predictions....I say he and Foley part ways. TW shuts it down. We see him again only when he feels he will be able to play well, which is basically the same as history with him has said.

I'm thinking this. He'll disappear for a few months now. Come back with a buddhist mantra and be a new person. He needs to retreat and sort the mental side first.

I think I am going to start becoming a "Tiger should go back to Butch" homer.

He needs to take a break, get his body back to shape (if he can) and stick with a coach... Harmon was good...

Ok, did nobody else think the title of this thread was the new movie TW is "starring in"? hehe

In time I believe Tiger will reclaim his crown. He is thinking too much!

I'd say it's an improvement overall though. Only 9 holes this time to realize he might need to stop.

Ok, did nobody else think the title of this thread was the new movie TW is "starring in"? hehe

I just thought it was a typo........like it was supposed to be 19 holes

Back