What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot 38/40 at bow creek from the tips
2 birdies on each side
1 double and way too many bogeys
stupid turtle back greens were not holding any shots no matter what i tried... and they were tiny
yardages were way off also... either that or i was hulking shots 20yrds too far
lots of distance today cuz the fw's were like bowling alleys... any kind of worm burner that went straight wouldnt stop until something got in the way... the complete opposite for the rough
i was money out of the sand today
putting was pretty decent except for 1 3 putt
all in all it was fun today

Great round Bogey, 78 is bitchin man! I have yet to break the 80 mark though so I'm jealous.

Shot a 40. Played a nice afternoon nine. Absolutely perfect weather.

I was striking the ball well but kept hurting myself one time here and there. I bogeyed an easy first hole because of hit my drive just a little bit right and had no choice but to pitch it back into the fairway. Bogeyed the second hole because a shot that I thought was perfect launched over the top of the green and left me on an awkward little hillside. Third hole, had a nice par on a difficult 170 yard par 3. Hit a 7 iron to about 15 feet and two putted. Fourth hole is a tough par 4. Hit a great drive. Again, I thought I hit a great second shot but it took an awkward bounce into a bunker. Launched it out of the bunker, over the green. Fortunately, I hit a great fourth shot and almost made it. Tapped it in for bogey.

Fifth hole is a long par 4. Hit a great drive. Second shot came up just short of the green. Pitched it up and missed the putt for par. Bogey. Sixth hole is really fun. Can't hit driver because, well, you'll plunk it. Hit a 5-wood to the edge of the fairway, hit a solid wedge that kicked off to the right of the green, pitched it up and made par. Seventh hole is a very difficult par 3. 175 yards, almost entirely over a lake. Got lucky. Thought it was going in but I just made it over. Ended up bogeying the hole. Birdied the par 5 eight. Hit about a 30 footer for birdie, the only really nice putt I made all day. Bogeyed nine. Shouldn't have bogeyed nine!

Bogey, Bogey, Par, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Bogey, Birdie, Bogey.

Should've been a lower round but I'll take it!

Shot a 38-41 79 with a double and a triple on the back. Ugh, the triple was on the last hole and I hit probably my best drive of the day. At that point my brain went to sleep and I played like a 30 handicap the rest of the way to the hole.

Good to hear IN. I'm thinking about playing the Natures Valley event at TPC Tampa Bay myself. Also, there's a thread called The Official Driving Range Session Thread for when you go to the range and I don't play. I don't know how to post the link through Tapatalk or I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks F2G, have you played any of the Nature's Valley tournaments before? Or has anyone here played one? It looks like there is usually a pretty large field. Could be a neat tournament.

Great round Bogey, 78 is bitchin man! I have yet to break the 80 mark though so I'm jealous.

thanks cb... if it werent for the 4 birdies it woulda been a so so round
and judging by the way you love the game you'll be real close real soon

Played 36 at a new course today with a buddy, front 9 I did fairly well on but the back 9 beat me up both times, shot a 49-61 (110) first round and a 45-53 (98) second round. I could not hit a straight drive to save my life today everything was slicing right. Had 2 really great shots on the same par 3 to about 5 feet missed both birdie putts but at least got the pars. Overall had a great time with a friend but was not real happy with my game.

Threw up a 44 tonight. Had to rush out to the 1st tee and just couldn't find a rhythm. Threw up a 9 on a short par 5 that I was 190 out after my drive. Awful

Threw up a 44 tonight. Had to rush out to the 1st tee and just couldn't find a rhythm. Threw up a 9 on a short par 5 that I was 190 out after my drive. Awful

Doh! I threw up an 8 on a normal par 5 Sunday. But I stumbled my way up the hole 200 yards here and 75 yards there. Still dude a 44 isnt too bad.

Okay, so as a newer golfer (if I can even call myself that yet)....I shot a 111....but I blame a triple bogey, and 2 doubles on being ridiculously hungry at the turn. It's amazing how much even half a club sandwich will make in your game on the back nine. Redeemed myself nicely.

I have a friend who started playing golf a few months ago. Literally. He shot a 79 yesterday. Guy's a natural, and at the tender age of 55.

Just finished the Wed night 9 hole scramble. It's a 2 person scramble with an A player choosing a B player through blind draw. It was a small crowd of about 12 teams. My A player was a 9 handicapper. He and I shot -5 and tied for 2nd place.

My drives were on the money tonight and my putting was better than usual. I had a solo eagle on #1 from the red tees. That's my 3rd one on that hole. It's short...just under 400 but uphill. The greens were just aerated today which made putting difficult but I managed to make 3 putts today from 12-15 feet (15' for eagle)!!!! It's nice to have someone tell you the line. I practiced with my new putting arc today and it helped me a lot.

I have a friend who started playing golf a few months ago. Literally. He shot a 79 yesterday. Guy's a natural, and at the tender age of 55.

Well, I hate him, haha. Seriously though, that's incredible!

45-48

Driver was EHH, did launch one 305 that lead to a birdie
irons were awful, hit 1 good one all day
putter was blah, had 2 3 putts including one on a par 5 when I was on in 2

Shot of the day was a 3H that hit the green on a par 5 from 240, was just trying to get it close, and it was with a prov1x that I picked up, I proceeded to 3 putt.

Swing still isnt there quite yet, havent replicated it from the lesson I had last week

Had 1 penalty stroke

Niblick was good, had a few that I left short, still gotta committ to it, havent tried the 56 yet

The other day when I shot 78, I actually shot 80. Because I played 36 holes that day, I recounted the wrong hole for #11. I doubled it the 2nd time, and parred it the first time. Not the other way around. Dang.

Edit: Apparently I bogeyed it the first time around, which means I only add 1 stroke not 2. 79 it is.

Haven't updated for a little while. Shot 77 last Thursday and 79 last Friday. Played the back twice today since the front was closed and shot 42/41. Had a couple of blow up holes but my short game is improving dramatically thanks to some work I have been doing with the local pro on my pitch/chip shots.

I'm going the wrong way. Scary 89 with a QUINTUPLE bogey, a triple, and 6 penalties on lost balls. Other than the quin and triple and penalties... I actually shot pretty well. Lol...

Sadly, it's my 2nd quintuple (yes, second!!!!) in the past two weeks. Hadn't had one in years and years, now two in the last four or so rounds. Uhg...

:at-wits-end:
Just wasn't feeling it today...I think I might actually be burnt out because I just didn't care to putt or concentrate on shots.

Comedy round of 113 with 5 pars!! The 10 on the last was most unhelpful

According to my father-in-law I have major concentration issues :-\

One minute I hit beautiful shot Luke Donald would be proud of and the next a shot Donald Duck would have hit better.

I do appear to have fixed my enormous slice on the drive though

According to my father-in-law I have major concentration issues :-\

One minute I hit beautiful shot Luke Donald would be proud of and the next a shot Donald Duck would have hit better.

I do appear to have fixed my enormous slice on the drive though

Is your father in law a sports psychologist? If not, id just say you're an average Joe who loves to golf just like the rest of us.

Well my brother-in-law is a professional football player (soccer and a very handy golfer) so my father-in-law does know a fair bit on the psychology side but I think it's probably a bit of both plus I'm only just getting going again on the golf front after severing the tendon in my thumb a few years ago

Really got the golf bug though.....just need to remember "Head down!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back