Being Closed Minded

Club Glove The Last Bag is the best travel bag. It cannot be overrated.

Tour Edge Exotics CB1 woods.

There may be comparable or even better gear out there, but I don't wanna hear it. They're the ONLY two clubs in my bag that I've never, not even once, considered swapping out in probably 6 years. And I typically go through tons of equipment, so that's saying something.

To call something overrated is purely a personal opinion. But things that are overrated must have hype behind them. In JB's case he lost 9yds with the R11 so he didn't buy into the hype. Blugold wasn't impressed by the Mashie and it didn't live up to his hype. You need people (or a good marketing team) to believe in a product to create hype for one to eventually call it overrated, correct?? The idea of "overrated" is purely subjective.

Exactly. Hype has everything to do with the expectations that a person has for a given thing. Ive demoed the Mashie and its a nice hybrid but Im not sure that Id speak as highly of it as some people do.
Ive talked to a lot of people both on golf forums and in the real world who tried the Mashie and didnt care for it.

Thought of 1 other item, Foot Joy shoes. prefer the contour series the best but they fit my feet & are comfortable to wear right out of the box, so I dont see a need to try others.

Thought of 1 other item, Foot Joy shoes. prefer the contour series the best but they fit my feet & are comfortable to wear right out of the box, so I dont see a need to try others.
I used to be a pretty big Footjoy loyalist but I actually find Adidas shoes to be more comfortable. Shoes are really personal though because not all brands are the same size and shape and certains brands fit certain people better than others.

I used to think Titleist woods and hybrids were the untouchable clubs in my bag. The Adams pro black changed that almost immediately for me.

I would say THP has sufficiently rattled all of my ridiculous assumptions that only certain clubs work for me, although I don't know that I'll ever be convinced that I can properly play a golf ball with stop sign dimples on it. Brain says no.

I'ma hooker. I'll let anybody sleep in my bag....if the price is right.

+1 for Adidas shoes, my adipures are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. However as mentioned above shoes are highly personal depending on your foot.

I'm definitly biased towards my Mashie and my Mizunos. I just love my M2. Love the way it looks and love the way it plays. I also loved the Cleveland Hibores and launcher hybrids as well. As far as my Mizuno irons go I have an older model (MX-25's) but just love them. The forged feel is awesome and they have the forgiveness that my game demands. The look of Mizuno's are second to none in my opinion. They have a streamlined classic look without all of the garish lettering and bright colors of so many other irons.

The one thing I don't like about Mizuno irons: The fact that everybody uses the word "buttery" to describe their feel. And I mean EVERYBODY uses this tired cliche of a word. I mean, come on, there are other words in the english language that fit the bill. Crack a Websters. 'Nuff said.

Back