TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

It's real easy to love this club right away. But too me, it is the excitement I still get when I am in Rescue 11 range.

same here, honeymoon is over and i still love it

hoping someone could help my dilemma....

I have TM R11 TP T3 & TP 3 Rescue 18 degree.....and the problem is that the distance gap is about 10 yards or so. I hit my 3wood set at 14 degree about 250-255 and Rescue 3 18 degree about 240-245.

Should I maybe replace my 3 wood with Rescue #2 16 degree and make it 15 degree? It seems I'm hitting the rescue better then the 3 wood? am I weird thinking this?

I have TM R11 TP T3 & TP 3 Rescue 18 degree.....and the problem is that the distance gap is about 10 yards or so. I hit my 3wood set at 14 degree about 250-255 and Rescue 3 18 degree about 240-245.

Should I maybe replace my 3 wood with Rescue #2 16 degree and make it 15 degree? It seems I'm hitting the rescue better then the 3 wood? am I weird thinking this?

A lot of people are experiencing gap management issues. Including me with the gap between my 6i and 5h. Have you tried hitting the R11 3w with a non-TP shaft? Maybe a lighter shaft would get you some distance gains.

A lot of people are experiencing gap management issues. Including me with the gap between my 6i and 5h. Have you tried hitting the R11 3w with a non-TP shaft? Maybe a lighter shaft would get you some distance gains.

No I haven't...I did try the Driver and I get better data on the TP vs non TP. So I just figured the same with the wood. I'm sure it could be that I am hitting the rescue more solidly and I might just need to work more on the swing with the 3 wood.

No I haven't...I did try the Driver and I get better data on the TP vs non TP. So I just figured the same with the wood. I'm sure it could be that I am hitting the rescue more solidly and I might just need to work more on the swing with the 3 wood.

Quite possible. Would make a fun little project.

i had the same issue as you only what made the choice easiee for me was how wayward i was with my 3 wood. I've now got my taylormade r11 16 deg hyrbid and ive got to say its beautiful and long :)

im happy with my choice and the fact that the ead seems heavier so its beautiful out of the rough:)

i had the same issue as you only what made the choice easiee for me was how wayward i was with my 3 wood. I've now got my taylormade r11 16 deg hyrbid and ive got to say its beautiful and long :)

im happy with my choice and the fact that the ead seems heavier so its beautiful out of the rough:)

I think without hitting, I'm leaning towards replacing my 3 wood with the #2 Rescue.

I think without hitting, I'm leaning towards replacing my 3 wood with the #2 Rescue.

Would you maybe want to dial back your 3W to 15*?

Would you maybe want to dial back your 3W to 15*?

I already have it at 14 degree. I had it at 15 degree and I was hitting almost the same between the two. SO CONFUSED LOL:banghead:
No turning back once I use the one playability guarantee.....

I'm hoping that I will hit it little further with #2 rescue over the 3 wood......

I've been looking at purchasing the 4h and am ready to make the purchase however I have been able to hit both the regular and TP models. I have mixed feelings on both of them and would like to see what ya'll have to say. I like the feel of the regular version however I do enjoy the added response and ball flight of the TP. Is there any preference people have one over the other? Or is would this just mainly boil down to my preference?

I've been looking at purchasing the 4h and am ready to make the purchase however I have been able to hit both the regular and TP models. I have mixed feelings on both of them and would like to see what ya'll have to say. I like the feel of the regular version however I do enjoy the added response and ball flight of the TP. Is there any preference people have one over the other? Or is would this just mainly boil down to my preference?

I'd say it's your preference really. I've only hit the regular model, so I can't speak to the TP, but I am quite impressed with the stock RIP shaft. Again, though, it's what works best for you.

How much different is the ball flight between the TP and the standard for you? I love my Rescue 11 5h. The ball flight is high, but it has a lot of back spin which helps me stop it on the green. I do wish it was a little more forgiving, especially lower in the face. But I have yet to thin one of the course, so I wont throw a fit.

Eh....was at the demo day the past weekend and was able to hit all 3 offerings of this club there:

4h - RIP 65g shaft (s) - was alright...somehow didn't feel as alive to me as the previous Rescue (the 09 with the Voodoo SVS8 shaft that I game)
4h - RIP 85g shaft (s) (TP) - lower ball flight, but could tell that I wasn't compressing the ball as well with a tendency to go right on me
4h - Fujikura Motore F3 (s) (TP) - I don't think I can game this shaft....I can't load it right so it's not really fair to comment on it.

Overall, kinda strange but I think the deciding factor I had against the new TM offerings was that I like the Aldila Voodoo SV series more than I like their new RIP ones. (This holds true even comparing to the non-TP 65g shaft offering)

My opinion is you should watch your ball flight carefully....I mean it was pretty black and white for me that the R11 hybrid-TP shafts weren't really for my game.

How much different is the ball flight between the TP and the standard for you? I love my Rescue 11 5h. The ball flight is high, but it has a lot of back spin which helps me stop it on the green. I do wish it was a little more forgiving, especially lower in the face. But I have yet to thin one of the course, so I wont throw a fit.

I don't have numbers as far as ball flight goes, but it was a noticeable difference for me. The standard version was a very high arc while the TP was more of a flatter trajectory (still got up there but nowhere near as high).

I don't have numbers as far as ball flight goes, but it was a noticeable difference for me. The standard version was a very high arc while the TP was more of a flatter trajectory (still got up there but nowhere near as high).

So the question then becomes which suits your game better? Do you need a high ball or a penetrating ball? Which would give you the best results on the course.

So the question then becomes which suits your game better? Do you need a high ball or a penetrating ball? Which would give you the best results on the course.

I like the high ball flight. The wind can play with it a little, but I can go after the green more. If you perfer the lower ball flight, the TP version would be for you. the heavier shaft should keep the ball down.

I think.

ok, so please pardon the newb question and this may even give me the answer i'm looking for, but what would the difference be (save preference and the obvious) as far as a Penetrating ball flight to a high ball flight.

ok, so please pardon the newb question and this may even give me the answer i'm looking for, but what would the difference be (save preference and the obvious) as far as a Penetrating ball flight to a high ball flight.

Penetrating ball flight is lower and will Penetrate the wind better, IE Penetrating Ball Flight, A high ball flight will have more carry for most but will get ate up by the wind allot more, it will also land softer on the green, thats what i love about my Rescue11 TP is that i can hit it high or low so i can get through the wind but also hit it high and land it soft

To me, a penatrating ball flight is lower and has less spin. A high ball flight is obviously higher, has more spin, and doesn't roll out as much.

Bought the R9 Rescue and consistently pulled my shots, even with an open face, should I expect the same issue with this club?

Bought the R9 Rescue and consistently pulled my shots, even with an open face, should I expect the same issue with this club?

The Rescue 11 does tend to work the ball to the left (for a righty). Give it a try. I found with a weaker grip, I have straightened it out to a degree.

a pull is not the clubs fault, not trying to be a ahole or anything. My natural shot is a draw and its no different with the Rescue11, draw it or hit it straight, can fade it as well. A open face should help with the pull but it wont eleminate it.

a pull is not the clubs fault, not trying to be a ahole or anything. My natural shot is a draw and its no different with the Rescue11, draw it or hit it straight, can fade it as well. A open face should help with the pull but it wont eleminate it.

Exactly. A pull is in no way the clubs fault. It can only be caused by two things and those are the swing-path and the clubface position.

I've said before the 3H TP seems more like a 5 wood to me. I'm strongly considering replacing my 3 wood with a Rescue 11 2H. They are a beast off the tee and easier to hit off the deck for me than FWs, but harder than other hybrids. I'll probably end up going driver, Rescue 11 2H & 3H (using those two basically as a 3 & 5 wood), then different hybrids I'm more comfortable with off the fairway.

Back